QUEENS V Falkirk

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Kerr has had a decent enough career. But if you asked 100 23 year old footballers what their "dream" career would be I would put a fair whack of money on none of them saying 'The highest part being a regular for Dundee United'.

If you asked them to be Realistic, well that's different.

I never once said it was anyone's dream career but you have went all family fortunes on it, I suggested Tapping has missed the boat, that's if he was meant to be on it as he's too old and not played at a level to be taken serious in recent years and that now, he (not 100 footballers) can only dream of a career like Kerr's. 

I never once said it was anyone's dream career but you have went all family fortunes on it, I suggested Tapping has missed the boat, that's if he was meant to be on it as he's too old and not played at a level to be taken serious in recent years and that now, he (not 100 footballers) can only dream of a career like Kerr's. 

Have to join the queue for an autograph from the superstar that is Kerr.

Hopefully Tapping can kick on and start delivering some solid consistent performances week in week out. Once he starts doing that I will be delighted to talk about him in glowing terms. Kyle Hutton earned a lot of positive comments on this site last season but personally I didn't get it with him. Worked hard but created virtually nothing and never remotely looked like scoring a goal. No surprise to me that our midfield is looking a lot more positive now that he has moved on.

Not sure if this is a good time to get Falkirk or a bad one - they are not surprisingly finding it tough to match their exceptional standards of last season but probably only a matter of time before they get back on track.

I see that Bairdy is having a spell on the bench - hope he takes his omission better than he did when he was at Queens or he could be "for the off".

4 hours ago, overthetop said:
9 hours ago, MrDust said:

Have to join the queue for an autograph from the superstar that is Kerr.

Pick your moment wisely, he'll be grumpy being on the bench again.

Rogers if fit otherwise Mehmet

Muirhead Watson Luca Leahy

Taiwo Rankin Hippo Sibbald 

Any two from Miller, Austin, McHugh and Baird.

Midfield in a diamond, two strikers picked on training drills and/or scout reports on Queens previous games

In the summer our squad looked like it lacked a bit of depth, now it looks like we have healthy competition for places! Hopefully Higgins, Hilson and Millar are ready to return and give Gavin Skelton serious food for thought. I personally would play Millar for Tapping in this game. I feel Tapping is more useful in games where we have more of the ball ie teams like Ayr, Dumbarton while Millar plays better in the tougher games. For me its a case of who and Jacobs such has been his superb start! As well as Brownlie has done I would still have Higgins starting the game if fit. As for the striking options, this is where the toughest decision must be made. I would personally stick with the same 2 as last week but if thats not working, what an option Hilson is from the bench. Dykes can join him in the latter stages if need be. Dykes has really impressed me since signing. Such a useful adddition. Even Brotherston looks ready to contribute which is a real bonus. Since the class of the 1992 and 93 boys no other academy players can really state they have made the grade so hopefully he can be the start of a new cycle

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't really know the reasons, but he was getting dogs abuse in that game before the infamous headbut, so it predates that.

I think there is some history relating to his departure from our youth setup and ending up at Annan. Not sure though.

Jealousy is a dreadful trait to have. I can understand why QOTS fans would be furious at one of their players leaving the club for a lower league team before becoming a championship winning legend and an established premier league player, something that the club haven't achieved in their life and haven't been in the top flight for the last 50 years.

Jealousy is a dreadful trait to have. I can understand why QOTS fans would be furious at one of their players leaving the club for a lower league team before becoming a championship winning legend and an established premier league player, something that the club haven't achieved in their life and haven't been in the top flight for the last 50 years.

And after me saying you were getting better :( You're like Baird, one good showing every 6 attempts.

To be honest I'd be happy to be compared like Baird. Again another player who's played at the highest level in this country. It appears all these Falkirk 'rejects' have achieved more than your club has.

And yet they've helped Falkirk achieve nothing. That must sting a bit.

Archived