QUEENS V Falkirk

Doubt QOS will have burst the bank for Dobbie he was out of contract and can't see the board paying a huge wage either.

He was out of contract, but there were other offers. Skelton also thanked the board pulling out the stops to finance the the signing, it's safe to say he'll be on more than anyone else at the club. Out with Hibs and Dundee United players, he'll be on more than most in the league.

Again only speculating, but he'll be on good money for this level of football.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
Rogers

Muirhead Watson McCracken Leahy

Craigen Taiwo Rankin Sibbald

McHugh Austin

No Luca?

He was probably our best player Saturday and Craigen our worst. Be disgraceful if Hypolyte is not a starter

There was no edge last season I'm afraid, queens were pretty irrelevant so stop trying to fabricate the rivalry of the season before last before a ball is kicked. Unfortunately I have a feeling we may be back to battling it out with the likes of yourselves this season unles we find a settled formation and a bit of form.

ETA: the only rejected player in this fixture is actually Mark Millar as far as I'm aware. 

I agree, there was no "edge" just a fair bit of obsession by certain Falkirk fans on here.

None of the ex-QoS players can be classed as rejects but FWIW it goes:-

Tapping >>> Kerr

Dobbie >>> Baird, McHugh (Or any other Falkirk player for that matter)

Of the 3 ex-QoS players (and McHugh) now at Falkirk I'd only have Kidd back as just now I'd personally prefer him to Hamill.

I agree, there was no "edge" just a fair bit of obsession by certain Falkirk fans on here.

None of the ex-QoS players can be classed as rejects but FWIW it goes:-

Tapping >>> Kerr

Dobbie >>> Baird, McHugh (Or any other Falkirk player for that matter)

Of the 3 ex-QoS players (and McHugh) now at Falkirk I'd only have Kidd back as just now I'd personally prefer him to Hamill.

Callum Tapping that works part time at coasters better than Kerr :lol:

Queens have made a class signing in dobbie and made a very good start however I can see they're already getting ahead of themselves.

Trying to start a rivalry with us but :lol: oosh

Callum Tapping that works part time at coasters better than Kerr :lol:

Sorry. I wasn't aware he worked part-time elsewhere. That certainly effects my view of him as a footballer.

Kerr >>> Tapping.

My bad!

Tapping is quite comfortably better than Kerr. If he hadn't had 2 years of nightmare injuries there is no way he would be playing at this level.

This. If tapping stays injury free and continues his good form already shown then by next season I reckon he be in a premiership team.

Fucking queens fans at it again after 2 games. Little cutie pies. Hoping for a Falkirk win with the added bonus of kicking on and leaving this fabricated ankle biter rivalry in the dust like we did last season. I'm pretty sure a queens fan *cough* Monkey Tennis was voted as one of the worst Falkirk posters on the site last year. I have seen no ecidence to suggest any Falkirk fan has an obsession with your lot so stop trying to hang about with us.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Tapping is quite comfortably better than Kerr. If he hadn't had 2 years of nightmare injuries there is no way he would be playing at this level.

So why is Dobbie playing at this level?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Because he loves the club :wub: :)

There's no need to big him up Maybe best to leave dobbie to do the talking on the field.

The players around him are benefiting from his arrival too ,so let's hope we continue the way we've started with some decent all-round performances against Patrick Dundee u, and Hibs 

47 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Tapping and Kerr are completely different style of players.

I'm happy we've got a fully fit Tapping this season, but lets not pretend Kerr wasn't a really good player for us.

This. Kerr was really good for us and remains a very effective player at this level.

Remains to be seen if Tapping becomes a top player for us. Looks to have the ability but has to stay fit.

Tapping and Kerr are completely different style of players.

I'm happy we've got a fully fit Tapping this season, but lets not pretend Kerr wasn't a really good player for us.

No one has said otherwise. Kerr is a good championship level player. Tapping has the ability to be more than that.

Playing for free is he?

Quite clearly not, but he will be earning less than he otherwise could have elsewhere. There is no chance we would have outbid Hibs, who were apparently also interested.

He chose to come back this early because he loves the club.

56 minutes ago, Besty said:

There's no need to big him up Maybe best to leave dobbie to do the talking on the field.

The players around him are benefiting from his arrival too ,so let's hope we continue the way we've started with some decent all-round performances against Patrick Dundee u, and Hibs 

I was answering a direct question :unsure2:

54 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Playing for free is he?

No, clearly not.

ETA - DHD has already covered it :)

Archived