Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, 20/08/2016

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/15/2016 at 21:51, paranoid android said:

Yup - seems unlikely that we'd allow King to play against us.

Hope this big striker is available for this - Sammon has looked better, and Watt will be a lot sharper after three games in a week, mind.

The bugger is trying to fit Kitchen, Cowie, and Djoum in midfield without shunting one of them wide.

No Walker again, of course.

I'll be at the game - f**k the festival.

On 8/15/2016 at 22:51, the jambo-rocker said:

I'd like to think so too. A bit of pace (which he apparently has loads of) to stretch Caley at the back would certainly be good for Watt, Djoum and Nicholson to get the space to run into would be nice.

It's bit of square pegs, round holes right now trying to accommodate everyone. I think a back 3 could work just fine (if all three of CBs could start playing well again) as most of our width of late is driving from deep. It would also keep those 3 in CM and still play two strikers. Seeing as Walker isn't playing, we could do worse than give it a bash.

Pints, Football, pints, a festival show after, MOAR pints.

------------------------Hamilton-----------

-----------Souttar ---- Ozturk ---- Rossi

-----Patterson-------Kitchen------------Nicholson

------------------Djioum----Cowie-----------

---------------   Watt---------Sammon

or... 

-----------------Hamilton------------------

Smith----Souttar---Rossi----Rherras-------

Paterson--Djioum--Cowie---Nicholson

------------Watt---Sammon------------

On 8/17/2016 at 20:52, Dicko23 said:

------------------------Hamilton-----------

-----------Souttar ---- Ozturk ---- Rossi

-----Patterson-------Kitchen------------Nicholson

------------------Djioum----Cowie-----------

---------------   Watt---------Sammon

I'd like to see us trying something like this but I don't think Nicholson could play as a wing back in a 352.  I think if we were playing that it would have to be Rherras at wing back.

Not very optimistic heading into this one, surely a home win here is this weeks Premiership banker. With McNaughton and Meekings out and Raven most likely at CB this will most likely mean Horner coming in to the RB slot. Midfield will be without Billy King who's been rather meh so far this season, but Doran as posters before have mentioned previously could deputise well enough. Living in fear of rushing him back though so early that this aggravates his knee injury and adds to our rather shitty injury woes. Boden needs support up top from his midfield, there IS a player there but he seems to struggle by himself through large portions of games and getting said support is crucial if we have any hope in hell in getting something from this game.

Personally i'd go with however:

Fon Williams

Raven Draper Warren Tremarco

Tansey              Polworth

Mulraney    Vigurs          Doran

Boden

Going for a 3-1 Jambos win, praying i'm proven wrong though.

34 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Looks like Meekings could be set for a start tomorrow. To be fair on Horner (a player I've never really rated at all) I thought he had a decent game when he came on last week.

Totally agree that he had a good game when he came on last weekend, however i'm wary to the fact that for every good game he has he's likely to have 3-4 pure stinkers. Against the likes of Nicholson and Walker I think we need to have our first choice full backs in place and believe that against the likes of Sammon need a physical central defence hence why I suggested a Draper/Warren combo, so if Josh can play tomorrow then happy days for all concerned.

36 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Inverness should sign el alagui for this. Loves a goal against hearts

An astonishing derby goal scoring record of 2 (two)?

4 hours ago, northstander said:

Totally agree that he had a good game when he came on last weekend, however i'm wary to the fact that for every good game he has he's likely to have 3-4 pure stinkers. 

That's something that did cross my mind as well.  I remember the last time we played at Tynecastle, Horner had had a decent run of games previously and then had an absolute shocker.  I remember our away support also included a school trip that night of kids who'd come to support him from his old school in Newcastle, each of whom had matching Lewis Horner t-shirts!  

8 hours ago, Eric said:

I'd like to see us trying something like this but I don't think Nicholson could play as a wing back in a 352.  I think if we were playing that it would have to be Rherras at wing back.

Surely that would be a 5-3-2, but Rherras for Nicholson, like it

Looks like Paterson should be around for this, but still no clearance for Johnsen, and Walker is still suspended.

Hamilton

Paterson - Souttar - Rossi - Rherras

Djoum (let's face it) - Cowie - Kitchen - Nicholson

Watt - Sammon

Subs: Noring, Ozturk, Bauben, Zanatta, Muirhead, Smith, Nowak

Archived