Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, 20/08/2016

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I would hope that we are not that stupid.

Think we might win this game tbqh.

Yup - seems unlikely that we'd allow King to play against us.

Hope this big striker is available for this - Sammon has looked better, and Watt will be a lot sharper after three games in a week, mind.

The bugger is trying to fit Kitchen, Cowie, and Djoum in midfield without shunting one of them wide.

No Walker again, of course.

I'll be at the game - f**k the festival.

55 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Hope this big striker is available for this - Sammon has looked better, and Watt will be a lot sharper after three games in a week, mind.

The bugger is trying to fit Kitchen, Cowie, and Djoum in midfield without shunting one of them wide.

No Walker again, of course.

I'll be at the game - f**k the festival.

I'd like to think so too. A bit of pace (which he apparently has loads of) to stretch Caley at the back would certainly be good for Watt, Djoum and Nicholson to get the space to run into would be nice.

It's bit of square pegs, round holes right now trying to accommodate everyone. I think a back 3 could work just fine (if all three of CBs could start playing well again) as most of our width of late is driving from deep. It would also keep those 3 in CM and still play two strikers. Seeing as Walker isn't playing, we could do worse than give it a bash.

Pints, Football, pints, a festival show after, MOAR pints.

Assuming we don't get anyone else in before the end of the week (we were looking at two signings after the Dunfermline game but that's gone quiet although we have had Farid El Alagui on trial) I suspect we will line up along the lines of:

Fon Williams

Horner Raven Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey

Mulraney Vigurs Doran

Boden

Probably the best we can hope for all things considered. As mentioned above I can't see that Hearts would allow King to play against them as part of the loan deal and even though I'd like to see Vigurs dropped I can't see Foran doing that. The early season optimism is rapidly vanishing after a few lacklustre performances. Not seeing much reason to be overly optimistic for Saturday.

Still, Hearts away is one of the best away days and I least I don't have far to travel. 5 - 2 to the " Pride of the Highlands* ".

*May not be a serious prediction.

I would stick with the same line up as started against County with the exception of the injured McNaughton who is replaced by Horner with Raven in the center of defence. We are very thin in numbers, could really do with more players being brought in. This is probably the strongest starting 11 we have available left. 

Hearts will dominate the first hour, score 1 and miss 2 or 3 good chances.

Phoodle will then shit his pants (again), go 1 up front and gift the initiative to ICT.

ICT will equalise with 5/10 mins to go and Hearts will be hanging on for a point that we will just get.

I'll be raging again.

On 15/08/2016 at 21:51, paranoid android said:

Loan players can't play against their parent clubs.  I understand it was a contractual matter for the clubs to agree in the SPL era, but it is now a rule.

Really depends how fit Meekings is but I'd expect us to go

------------------------OFW----------------------

--Raven----Meekings---Warren---Tremarco--

--------------Draper---------Tansey-------------

---Mulreany-------Vigurs--------Doran-------

--------------------Boden----------------------

If Meekings isn't ready then you could see Raven moving inside and Horner playing at right back.  Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we went with Polworth rather than Mulreany or Doran.  It'd be good to sign El Alagui for this, although I doubt he'll start.

There's a real down feeling about the club at the moment, if we don't get a point from this it's tough to see where we are going to get one from.

Archived