Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, 20/08/2016

5 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Ken - I have been critical off both, though - especially Sammon.

Buaben too - who was good when he came on.

Think Cowie should keep the captaincy, like.

Sounds like the kind of game that suits Buaben though.Given time and space he looks a good player but when in a midfield battle he's a passenger.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sjc said:

Sounds like the kind of game that suits Buaben though.Given time and space he looks a good player but when in a midfield battle he's a passenger.

Ken - he actually looked quite tenacious yesterday, though, to be fair - it's maybe finally dawned on him (too late) that he's going to have to buck up - Cowie, Djoum, and Kitchen are streets ahead.

I think we're actually getting worse with every passing week. That's three completely insipid performances in the league now coupled with a toothless showing against Alloa. Real cause for concern already and now we're going into a horrendous run of games against Saint Johnstone, Celtic and Aberdeen. Great (!)

Great performance all round.

Watt is some player. As soon as he scores he'll be flying.

The ref was shocking though. Going to book that player for deliberate hand ball then shitting out of it when he realises he's already been booked.

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Was just about to post this - the ref was an absolute p***k yesterday.

He seemed to let us away with several heavy-looking challenges, presumably to spare us the embarrassment of losing by double figures.

Anyway, I expected us to take time to adjust to having a new manager and all that, but I'm baffled at how players like Tansey and Warren, who for two or three seasons  have looked among the best in the league in their positions, can suddenly look so off the pace and so tentative, and Vigurs has been a waste of a shirt for the last four games. We stood off Hearts from the start, were second to everything, and by the time we started competing the game was lost. Struggling to see where we're going to get a point from if we continue playing like this.

Some great passing moved yesterday especially for the goals. 

Tony Watt played really well. Shame he didn't get his goal. It will come. 

Sammon works hard all over the park.

Its nice Cowie let his twin brother finish the season for us last season and let us think he was shite. He was immense again today.

Finally good on Wee Sam to get a couple of goals too. Get his head a up a bit.That back heel though..

The ICT goal took a wee bit of shine off it for me. 

I think we're actually getting worse with every passing week. That's three completely insipid performances in the league now coupled with a toothless showing against Alloa. Real cause for concern already and now we're going into a horrendous run of games against Saint Johnstone, Celtic and Aberdeen. Great (!)

Those are just beautiful words.

He seemed to let us away with several heavy-looking challenges, presumably to spare us the embarrassment of losing by double figures.

Anyway, I expected us to take time to adjust to having a new manager and all that, but I'm baffled at how players like Tansey and Warren, who for two or three seasons  have looked among the best in the league in their positions, can suddenly look so off the pace and so tentative, and Vigurs has been a waste of a shirt for the last four games. We stood off Hearts from the start, were second to everything, and by the time we started competing the game was lost. Struggling to see where we're going to get a point from if we continue playing like this.

Oh stop it. It's just too exciting.

31 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Oh stop it. It's just too exciting.

We'll always have '09-'10. I can console myself with that as we plummet down the divisions.

7 hours ago, Winston Churchill said:

I enjoyed that and gave it the full 90 minutes.

Best bit was watching all the punters leaving after getting soaked in the front of the Wheatfield:lol:

Weird blustery rain yesterday, I sit half way up in section D, but still felt the rain.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Did Dundee have to create some kiddy on rivalry with Caley while they were in the pub league?

Nah it wasn't much of one anyway. Fifespud just seems to be angry all the time and just hates everything.

Archived