The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

Huge investment over the years. I’m guessing that with all the players and coaching staff brought on board for this season there won’t be much change left out of 500/600k if the rumours that some players are on 5k a week.

5k a week at that level is absolutely mindboggling. Really can't see that.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Absolutely no chance they are paying anyone that, I would imagine the average is somewhere between £500-£1000.

Would be surprised if it was as high as that. They offered Mark Stowe £300 a week when they tried to sign him in the summer.

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

Huge investment over the years. I’m guessing that with all the players and coaching staff brought on board for this season there won’t be much change left out of 500/600k if the rumours that some players are on 5k a week.

I know they will pay decent wages but £5k pw 😀

On 10/10/2023 at 11:51, Omnishambles said:

I'm not privy to any inside info at the club, or our long-term future plans, but with fairly recent developments at the club and a lot of talk (from multiple clubs) about the cost of sustaining at L1/L2 level, I can see our 'chasing the dream' approach and spending reigning in a bit to more of a 'competitive challenger/in the mix' Lowland League team than one of the stick-ons for the league. We were pretty much toe-to-toe in the Summer with EK, in terms of recruiting at their pace (and I actually thought we'd brought in the stronger personnel at the time, parking injury problems and the fact we spent a few weeks managed by Max Christie) but East Kilbride have been a different animal with it as the season has unfolded - God knows what happens there if they *don't* go up this season. That said, our form's improved a lot recently. Our games coming up against EK will suss a lot out in terms of where we're at. If you've got it, make it work for you, and best of luck to everyone at EK apart from their manager... as has been said they seem like a decent bunch of supporters and are gonna be one of the title favourites in this league most, if not every season. 

Any particular reason for not wanting to wish their manager the best of luck other than jealousy.

Edited by jambo222

45 minutes ago, jambo222 said:

Any particular reason for not wanting to wish their manager the best of luck other than jealousy.

A few, yeah. Namely the guy's ego, a couple of demonstrable examples of pretty classless conduct recently, seemingly constant self-aggrandising about his own management style and some pretty questionable public Twitter likes bringing to light - among other things - his willingness to defend David Goodwillie or at least back those that were. I could go on. You're bang on though, I'm sure it all just stems from jealousy. Seems a stand up bloke apart from all the aforementioned trivial stuff...

Edited by Omnishambles

5 hours ago, boheesian said:

Ha ha ha ha I’ve no idea what highest paid player is at ek but I can assure u it won’t be 5k per week 

5 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

5k a week at that level is absolutely mindboggling. Really can't see that.

Sorry meant £500. That came from one of their players speaking to a United player after the League Cup Final.

Edited by boheesian

Bit of a sore one today, no complaints about Accies winning. They were stronger and sharper, especially up front. That said by half time we had lost 3 preventable goals. An own goal, a ridiculous penalty and an unfortunate slip by Chris in goals gifting them a tap in. We had got back to 2-1 with peach from Chris McGowan,  game on. Then 3 clear fouls in our box by Accies striker, none given,  the referee the only person who didn't see, yes next tackle a foul by us, ridiculous decision,  3-1, game over. Then slip by Chris 4-1 at half time.

Over the piece stuck to our game plan, the way the boys trust each other to keep the ball is outstanding. Another peach by Flanny got us back to 4-2 down, had a wee spell but goal 5 finished us off, no complaints, apart from the nonsense penalty,  ruined what was shaping up as a decent game. 

Great crowd, some good banter, next up huge league game on Wednesday at home to Linlithgow Rose.

Edited by ekok
Clarity

We gifted them 3 goals and the penalty was absolutely ridiculous

Accies were physical and very pacy up front, but EK played the better football.

Both EK goals were screamers. 

Disappointed today and that speaks volumes on how I expect us to be and how far we've come.

Well done accies.

9 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

We gifted them 3 goals and the penalty was absolutely ridiculous

Accies were physical and very pacy up front, but EK played the better football.

Both EK goals were screamers. 

Disappointed today and that speaks volumes on how I expect us to be and how far we've come.

Well done accies.

The MK mantra about how many passes etc etc will get you nowhere, it’s goals that count.

Your going to walk the League but don’t buy into that crap.

23 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The MK mantra about how many passes etc etc will get you nowhere, it’s goals that count.

Your going to walk the League but don’t buy into that crap.

I hear you, I like watching good football though.

It's really frustrating sometimes when instead of pulling the trigger we feel like we need to pass it another three times and by that point the opportunity is lost.

Yesterday we kept playing it from the keeper to the full backs, Hamilton were on to us in a flash and we put ourselves under pressure and ended up conceding about 4 corners when we were actually in possession.

Hi Olly agree with all of that, another big factor was Chris in goals not fully fit, deserves a medal for playing,  some excellent saves in second half into bargain. 

Guess it comes down to believing that's how we are going to play and sticking with it. I love watching it , though yesterday at times through fingers. Even with all that, still got out loads of times,  got ball into final third and asked questions. 

I'm for keeping the faith.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:35, Omnishambles said:

A few, yeah. Namely the guy's ego, a couple of demonstrable examples of pretty classless conduct recently, seemingly constant self-aggrandising about his own management style and some pretty questionable public Twitter likes bringing to light - among other things - his willingness to defend David Goodwillie or at least back those that were. I could go on. You're bang on though, I'm sure it all just stems from jealousy. Seems a stand up bloke apart from all the aforementioned trivial stuff...

Yep you’re doing the right thing letting it all out you’ll definitely feel better 🤣 🤣