The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

EK next 5 games include tricky away ties to Cumbernauld, Cowdenbeath, Hearts B. In current form, I do not see them getting maximum points from they 3 away games 

With home games against the two uni sides which you would expect them to win.

if Tranent can get there act together, Bo’ness put a run in. There will be pressure at the top. 

Not including Cumbernauld Colts, as genuinely could not give a monkeys about them after there recent vote.

Robert Thomson becomes the 199th player to sign for East Kilbride this season!!

Wish Tommo well with the move, I thought he was a big player for us last season and was the link man that contributed massively to the goals that Carrick and others scored in League 2. Although it seemed his legs had gone, he was affective and formed a good partnership with him.

It’s been the polar opposite this season sadly, he just looks so out his depth in League 1 and he’s struggled to make any impact in the games that I have seen him play. It’s not through lack of effort, but he just isn’t a player that can play at this level anymore and with this move, I’m guessing he knows it himself.

I’ve watched a good bit of Lowland League football over the years and I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for EK, and will be effective in the league, so I hope the move works out well for him.

IMG_1012.png

33 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Robert Thomson becomes the 199th player to sign for East Kilbride this season!!

Wish Tommo well with the move, I thought he was a big player for us last season and was the link man that contributed massively to the goals that Carrick and others scored in League 2. Although it seemed his legs had gone, he was affective and formed a good partnership with him.

It’s been the polar opposite this season sadly, he just looks so out his depth in League 1 and he’s struggled to make any impact in the games that I have seen him play. It’s not through lack of effort, but he just isn’t a player that can play at this level anymore and with this move, I’m guessing he knows it himself.

I’ve watched a good bit of Lowland League football over the years and I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for EK, and will be effective in the league, so I hope the move works out well for him.

IMG_1012.png

Another signing that shows that Mick and his “associates” have bottomless pockets 

44 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Baller. Smashing player. Never got the minutes that he probably should have. Loss to ek imo.

Excellent. His record last season looked superb, so I'm quite excited to see what he brings.

Hope big BerbaThom does you guys a stint. He was superb player for one of the best Sons teams of my lifetime in 2016/17 and is a really good guy to boot.

10 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Baller. Smashing player. Never got the minutes that he probably should have. Loss to ek imo.

In our current doldrums that's very heartening to read, and I hope he can literally hit the ground running.  I'm guessing that Mick Kennedy perhaps feels that Robert Thomson will be a better fit for EK's formation/playing style.  And echoing Jan's comments I wish him well too.

What's the script with Liam Brown, lads? He was your marquee signing this summer and is someone I rated massively at QP and Edinburgh; but that's two wasted seasons in a row for him now by the looks of it.

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

What's the script with Liam Brown, lads? He was your marquee signing this summer and is someone I rated massively at QP and Edinburgh; but that's two wasted seasons in a row for him now by the looks of it.

He was made captain and penalty taker, got injured and never played again, really disappointed to see that he's on his way out, looks like we'll never settle on a team 🫣

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Need the cash for the next purchase.

Kelty friends tell me bid in for Daramola. 

24 minutes ago, shuggy d said:

Seems to me the chicken man falls out with players that get injured 

First Callum Tapping now Brown

STRANGE !!!

It’s an issue for Clubs and players that operate a dual wage system. The “sponsor” doesn’t want to pay an injured player so he is left on his contract pay which can be minimal.

9 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

He was made captain and penalty taker, got injured and never played again, really disappointed to see that he's on his way out, looks like we'll never settle on a team 🫣

It must be strange having a side on track for a league championship; but where you have a limited connection with the team - because the player turnover is so extreme. Like the opposite of most champion sides - where you can rhyme off 9 or so of the starting 11 every single week and it rarely changes.

Brown's been a strange player recently; getting bombed out at Queen's Park after looking really good for them. The weird single game loan deal with Stenny and now this. I hope he gets himself settled somewhere; he's got a hell of a lot of talent and it would be a shame to see that go to waste.

44 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It must be strange having a side on track for a league championship; but where you have a limited connection with the team - because the player turnover is so extreme. Like the opposite of most champion sides - where you can rhyme off 9 or so of the starting 11 every single week and it rarely changes.

Brown's been a strange player recently; getting bombed out at Queen's Park after looking really good for them. The weird single game loan deal with Stenny and now this. I hope he gets himself settled somewhere; he's got a hell of a lot of talent and it would be a shame to see that go to waste.

No, you're wrong there. In his whole time with Darvel it was claimed that players were leaving L1 and L2 sides, not for the money, but because they wanted to play for MK. 

9 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Amazing how the word “ambition” follows Kennedy around aka signing a f**k ton of players.

He'd score a barrow load in the LL. His early season hot streak never kept up but a good young player. He's been in the bench recently so maybe a fee to be used elsewhere by us.

EK are a basket case squad wise atm though! 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

He'd score a barrow load in the LL. His early season hot streak never kept up but a good young player. He's been in the bench recently so maybe a fee to be used elsewhere by us.

EK are a basket case squad wise atm though! 

Did Kelty not buy him for £30k? I doubt they would be looking for anything less than what they paid as the lad still has great promise. 

Are we entering a whole new phase of EK throwing money around.🤔

It’s all becoming a bit silly now with EK. How many players have featured for them this season? Compared to other teams in the league. 

Is MK struggling to keep a happy squad? I have no doubt that he wins this league. As he should with the huge financial advantage he has of the other teams. 

But over a 2 leg play off with the HL champions and then club 42. It’s not guaranteed they get through that. 

He got found out by Tranent over two legs with Darvel. Would not bet against it happening here

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

It’s all becoming a bit silly now with EK. How many players have featured for them this season? Compared to other teams in the league. 

Is MK struggling to keep a happy squad? I have no doubt that he wins this league. As he should with the huge financial advantage he has of the other teams. 

But over a 2 leg play off with the HL champions and then club 42. It’s not guaranteed they get through that. 

He got found out by Tranent over two legs with Darvel. Would not bet against it happening here

It seems a bit silly from the outside. And i would agree with you that it is. But owners are so desperate for promotion to league that they are flinging everything at it. 

The worry is the turn over of players. Bringing in as many quality players as they have is always going to be a problem. When you have good players that are used to playing but are now sitting on bench you are going to get unrest. 

Whole things screams a bit of desperation. Which is strange for a team in the strong position that they are in. 
Give me a small squad filled with team spirit and quality all day long.

Easier said than done though.

Also agree on your take on play off. If they dont get a settled first 11 i think they will struggle. ( if they get there)

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Did Kelty not buy him for £30k? I doubt they would be looking for anything less than what they paid as the lad still has great promise. 

Are we entering a whole new phase of EK throwing money around.🤔

Asking price at the time was 10k I believe so I expect that Kelty would want that back for investment elsewhere.

It may well be that the EK plan always was to get a team to win the league which they have all but done then invest more cash at tail end of season to get past play offs.

Cove did similar but we derailed that plan at first attempt so it’s not a foolproof system.