The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Same old dissapointing end to the season. Not good enough again. Bottom line. The closed shop is hard to breach. Hopefully that changes sometime soon. Anyway. Well done stranraer fc.
Another season in the lowland it is. 

Still seems a possibility that Edinburgh City will go tits up as far as meeting the licensing criteria.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Still seems a possibility that Edinburgh City will go tits up as far as meeting the licensing criteria.

Not sure i would be happy going up like that tbf mate. 
Would rather it was earned as it should be.

9 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

That's a bit rich coming from Lala Land.

So whats your viewpoint on the team that finishes bottom after a season of football getting a 2nd chance with a playoff?

26 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

They will still head straight back to the Lowland League if they do meet the criteria anyway.

13 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

So whats your viewpoint on the team that finishes bottom after a season of football getting a 2nd chance with a playoff?

No problem with it - it’s a final test of who deserves to be in the higher league.  

On 16/05/2024 at 17:35, Hauzen said:

MK says, here comes the stadium:

East Kilbride winning promotion would spark new stadium and top Darvel's win over Aberdeen, says Mick Kennedy

East Kilbride boss Mick Kennedy has revealed winning promotion to League Two would finally spark the construction of a long-awaited £4.5m new stadium in the town.

Plans for a new stadium go back to 2016 when an East Kilbride News-backed campaign involving Rangers legend and EK's famous son, Ally McCoist, urged councillors to give the go-ahead to a 4,000-seater stadium in Langlands.

The blueprint for the facility was given the green light but Kilby have been holding off on the club reaching League Two to put the first spade in the ground. Eight years later, that could finally come to fruition if East Kilbride defeat Stranraer in the second leg of the pyramid play-off final on Saturday.

Kilby are one game away from glory after the sides drew 2-2 at K-Park in last week's first leg and if they pull it off, the club will be celebrating the start of a new era in a new stadium.

Appearing on the Scottish Football Show podcast, Kennedy said: "The owners' plan is to build a £4.5million stadium as soon as we reach League Two and K-Park will become the club's training base, so there are massive plans there in terms of infrastructure and investment.

"It is just up to myself, Simon [Ferry, his assistant] and the players to do it on the pitch.

"In terms of what the club could do on the pitch, the club could go into League Two and be a well-established part-time club at that level. But I think you need to earn the right to be there and, unfortunately, the club have fell short on a number of occasions over the last 10 years."

Kennedy, who masterminded Darvel's famous win over Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup last season, joined Kilby at the start of the season and led them to the Lowland League title in April.

And he says taking the club to the SPFL for the first time would surpass his cup shock over the Dons.

He added: "People have asked me if it would be bigger occasion than beating Aberdeen and I think for what it would mean to the people of East Kilbride, the owners and me on a personal level, I certainly think it would be. It would be so significant."

Oh dear how sad

On 16/05/2024 at 17:35, Hauzen said:

MK says, here comes the stadium:

East Kilbride winning promotion would spark new stadium and top Darvel's win over Aberdeen, says Mick Kennedy

East Kilbride boss Mick Kennedy has revealed winning promotion to League Two would finally spark the construction of a long-awaited £4.5m new stadium in the town.

Plans for a new stadium go back to 2016 when an East Kilbride News-backed campaign involving Rangers legend and EK's famous son, Ally McCoist, urged councillors to give the go-ahead to a 4,000-seater stadium in Langlands.

The blueprint for the facility was given the green light but Kilby have been holding off on the club reaching League Two to put the first spade in the ground. Eight years later, that could finally come to fruition if East Kilbride defeat Stranraer in the second leg of the pyramid play-off final on Saturday.

Kilby are one game away from glory after the sides drew 2-2 at K-Park in last week's first leg and if they pull it off, the club will be celebrating the start of a new era in a new stadium.

Appearing on the Scottish Football Show podcast, Kennedy said: "The owners' plan is to build a £4.5million stadium as soon as we reach League Two and K-Park will become the club's training base, so there are massive plans there in terms of infrastructure and investment.

"It is just up to myself, Simon [Ferry, his assistant] and the players to do it on the pitch.

"In terms of what the club could do on the pitch, the club could go into League Two and be a well-established part-time club at that level. But I think you need to earn the right to be there and, unfortunately, the club have fell short on a number of occasions over the last 10 years."

Kennedy, who masterminded Darvel's famous win over Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup last season, joined Kilby at the start of the season and led them to the Lowland League title in April.

And he says taking the club to the SPFL for the first time would surpass his cup shock over the Dons.

He added: "People have asked me if it would be bigger occasion than beating Aberdeen and I think for what it would mean to the people of East Kilbride, the owners and me on a personal level, I certainly think it would be. It would be so significant."

image.png.9365b8ee7d57e04df0486467fe5a66fb.png

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

It's totally wrong. Doesn't make the LL trying to keep the dropout to a bare minimum right, though. it's not impacting Tier 6 too much right now. But once the West gets Licencing sorted it should be sorted out before that happens 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No problem with it - it’s a final test of who deserves to be in the higher league.  

No, it’s an undeserved second chance. If you are bad enough to finish at the bottom of your league then you should go down.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Maybe your board should be pushing for the same between the LL and the EoS League now before it's too late... 

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Same old dissapointing end to the season. Not good enough again. Bottom line. The closed shop is hard to breach. Hopefully that changes sometime soon. Anyway. Well done stranraer fc.
Another season in the lowland it is. 

Hard to breach? You got a bye in the first round and couldn’t beat the worst team in the big boys league over 2 legs . 

26 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Can anyone explain why there was extra time today when the LL clubs voted against it?

This was the last time.  There is no extra time in the club 42 playoff from now on. 

41 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

It's totally wrong. Doesn't make the LL trying to keep the dropout to a bare minimum right, though. it's not impacting Tier 6 too much right now. But once the West gets Licencing sorted it should be sorted out before that happens 

So we both agree on the same points. So your lala patter was blowharding then. Fair enough.