The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

23 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Hard to breach? You got a bye in the first round and couldn’t beat the worst team in the big boys league over 2 legs . 

Fair point well made. Still dosent take away from the point that the worst team over a season should be straight down.

1 minute ago, johnmc80 said:

So we both agree on the same points. So your lala patter was blowharding then. Fair enough.

I know you are hurting tonight and you are a decent poster. So I'll leave you in peace. Have a post to do myself about the rampaging hordes at Islecroft. 

4 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Fair point well made. Still dosent take away from the point that the worst team over a season should be straight down.

Surely with the wads of cash, huge squad and old firm da's cheering on you should be able to sweap away the worst team in the SPFL? Oh well, just get Mick K£nn£dy to chuck more at it

4 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Not sure you can really call it a closed shop when 5/42 SPFL clubs have made it up via the playoffs. It's tricky, but it's not like a tiny minority make it.

How many times were Inverness Thistle screwed over in the past, they had to kill their club and join with their rivals to get in. THAT was a closed shop!

I wonder if this will alter the way some potential challengers in the LL look at budgets next season. I’ve no doubt that EK will reload and go again, so is it worth other teams trying to compete with them.

It probably shows the current difference between SFL2 and LL.

EK is full of players who's used to be able to do a job or aren't good enough.  

Balde is either a terrible striker or had a coupon on him not scoring today. 

It's been spoken about on here for ages but EK have a pretty dodgy defence.. if MK is still manager for next season then he's going to have to get that sorted. If one or two other ambitious LL sides fancied having a crack at winning the league then this still might be the time to do it.

3 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Tranent had a bit of board shuffling earlier in the season, will be interesting to see if that affects their transfer business.

Robbie Horn will be their next big transfer. !

2 hours ago, To B or not B said:

No, it’s an undeserved second chance. If you are bad enough to finish at the bottom of your league then you should go down.

It’s all about opinions - if you can’t beat the bottom league in the team above you why should you take their place is an equally valid view

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There was an agreement brokered for this season

By who? As far as I am aware the LL clubs voted against it?

Edited by To B or not B

22 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I wonder if this will alter the way some potential challengers in the LL look at budgets next season. I’ve no doubt that EK will reload and go again, so is it worth other teams trying to compete with them.

Clubs are going to try and put their best teams out regardless.

Bo'ness Athletic were runaway leaders in the EoS 2nd Division. Ended up clinching the title by a single point.

The year Kelty were meant to waltz the EoS after joining, LTHV kept pace with them all the way and it came down to 2 points.

EK were beatable this season. They'll be beatable next.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It’s all about opinions - if you can’t beat the bottom league in the team above you why should you take their place is an equally valid view

That’s not how it works in the SPFL, except of course in league 2

Edited by To B or not B

Simply one factor over both legs.  Missed chances, some today beyond belief.  Congratulations to Stranraer,  hung in both games when looked goosed. Sometimes that what makes the difference. 

1 minute ago, To B or not B said:

That’s not how it works in the SPFL, except of course in league 2

So what?  There was no relegation and then the SPFL effectively gave a concession by agreeing to a play off.  The situation elsewhere in the SPFL has no direct relevance.