ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

Either that or try and get peter Leonard to leave girvan , the big man knows what type of player is required for the adl and super 1st 

He's a good manager. I'd have liked him to come to Whitletts when he left Maybole but we had just taken on Rikki so timing was all wrong.

The players he has have all been with him for years though and played in Super 1st with Maybole for a few seasons I'm sure. They've obviously developed into his style of play. However, I did not think they'd be sitting so pretty in that league after we played them in Ardagh earlier in season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ive no missed a game , annbank are the team who play the best football and have some cracking young players  , what bit of that dont u understand ? as we have only been beaten once , a fluke result , and hammered that team on their own park why can annbank no be the best team ive seen ?

Lies you missed the 1-1 draw with us at ardeer.

I was there , ur centre forward got sent off for mouthing and we played u off the park 

next question 

You must be right, the nice old fella from the committee said you where in Dubai when I asked where the famous Darvel legend was, aw well it was either Darvel legend a spoke to and he shat it or you where in Dubai [emoji4]

11 minutes ago, ardeerultra said:

You must be right, the nice old fella from the committee said you where in Dubai when I asked where the famous Darvel legend was, aw well it was either Darvel legend a spoke to and he shat it or you where in Dubai emoji4.png

The old boy was wrong as that fucking drone done my head in down at ardeer 

ive no missed a game , annbank are the team who play the best football and have some cracking young players  , what bit of that dont u understand ? as we have only been beaten once , a fluke result , and hammered that team on their own park why can annbank no be the best team ive seen ?

So there the best team that you've seen yet they didn't beat Darvel in the games and also Darvel lost to other teams. I presume you weren't at those games then?!

Reverse I think. You won at Dam Park And we hammered you at darvel that's a fact without referring to current form.

15 hours ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Whoever goes up will need to strengthen anyway in order to survive.

Look at Irvine Vic's this season. They haven't strengthened their squad and have about 6pts from 15 games which is a long season ahead.

Unfortunately AV, we did strengthen, particularly Anderson & Bolton from the Buffs, however our management team had not learned the lessons from our previous experience in the Super 1st. They persisted in playing 3 at the back, which was hopelessly exposed in our early matches. This formation was okay for the ADL(no official linesmen and weaker opposition), but we needed to play a basic 4-4-2 from the outset, setting ourselves up as hard to beat. The last time we were in the Super 1st, we had won the ADL, (IMO) with a better defence than that what we have now and they struggled, big time. The management team switched to a back four this season after we had played almost half our league games, which was too late as the damage had been done, so looking forward to being back in the ADL next season.:(

For the Super 1st it is not about how much you spend or who you recruit., Its about being organised, keeping your shape, scrapping for every point and disciplined enough to see games out when you are taking  something from them, whether its 1pt or 3pts.  Again IMO, I think Darvel are well placed just now to do that if promoted.

T;)

PS I think Girvan have shown how it can be done. There wasn't much between us last year and with them losing their most influential player, Cameron, I thought we might gain the upper hand this season. How wrong was I. They showed all the attributes needed for this league when they defeated us at home this season. Solid at the back, hard working midfield, clinical up front when the chances came their way. So well done to them.

Unfortunately AV, we did strengthen, particularly Anderson & Bolton from the Buffs, however our management team had not learned the lessons from our previous experience in the Super 1st. They persisted in playing 3 at the back, which was hopelessly exposed in our early matches. This formation was okay for the ADL(no official linesmen and weaker opposition), but we needed to play a basic 4-4-2 from the outset, setting ourselves up as hard to beat. The last time we were in the Super 1st, we had won the ADL, (IMO) with a better defence than that what we have now and they struggled, big time. The management team switched to a back four this season after we had played almost half our league games, which was too late as the damage had been done, so looking forward to being back in the ADL next season.[emoji20]
For the Super 1st it is not about how much you spend or who you recruit., Its about being organised, keeping your shape, scrapping for every point and disciplined enough to see games out when you are taking  something from them, whether its 1pt or 3pts.  Again IMO, I think Darvel are well placed just now to do that if promoted.
T[emoji6]
PS I think Girvan have shown how it can be done. There wasn't much between us last year and with them losing their most influential player, Cameron, I thought we might gain the upper hand this season. How wrong was I. They showed all the attributes needed for this league when they defeated us at home this season. Solid at the back, hard working midfield, clinical up front when the chances came their way. So well done to them.

Couldn't have put it better tombo. Every goals a prisoner in that league and the set up you describe means not losing is more important.

Thats why I dislike the set up so much. You gain promotion then have to aim for 5th bottom straight away, a task historically beyond most clubs who get up.
Once again this season only confirms this with yourselves and Maryhill in a precarious position.

Archived