Dangerous dogs

Two people killed (south of the border) this week by dogs, is it time to change the rules about ownership? Licences, vetting the owners, banning more breeds....?

I'd be up for all of the above, and more. Also would bring in ISIS style punishments for dog owners who don't scoop the poop!

Thoughts?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Two people killed (south of the border) this week by dogs, is it time to change the rules about ownership? Licences, vetting the owners, banning more breeds....?

I'd be up for all of the above, and more. Also would bring in ISIS style punishments for dog owners who don't scoop the poop!

Thoughts?

I think that first of all to own certain types of dog you should be vetted by the Police into your suitability to own and control such an animal. You also would have to have a licence for these types of dogs and be insured as well. If you have one of these dogs without any kind of licence etc, then its off to jail you go and the animal is destroyed.

Far too many people of the wrong sort have dogs which they cannot control and thus you have incidents like the above which are happening now on a much more regular basis.

Jimmy Carr jokes aside the main problem with dogs is too many incompetent owners who don't think of the consequences of owning one thus creating a market for people who don't care about animal or human welfare if it comes to making money out of them.

What are you supposed to do about it though? What's to stop someone breeding and making an ad to make a profit from breeding? What's to stop dog owners neglecting their pets thus making the dogs unhappy and aggressive?

I like and trust animals. It's people that are the waste of space.

As for the comments about picking up dog mess. I've seen a ton of litter since the summer hols started dropped by these lazy wee shites. Sick of the streets round here resembling a tip.

I like and trust animals. It's people that are the waste of space.

As for the comments about picking up dog mess. I've seen a ton of litter since the summer hols started dropped by these lazy wee shites. Sick of the streets round here resembling a tip.

Yes - a dog will be aggressive if treated badly and doesn't have the ability to be nasty for no reason . If you're not going to give the dog enough attention/exercise it's going to be unhappy and liable to snap at a person or another dog, it's not rocket science but so long as there is a market for it then dogs will be changing hands unregulated for many years to come.

I think there are dogs just like humans that some have a nasty nature. Most are great but some are just vicious and it won't take much to set them off. I'm the world's biggest hypocrite, I let my dog run around off the leish because she has never shown any signs of violence and just wants affection but I would support a law that says all dogs should be muzzled. Strangely it's always greyhounds who are the most placid dogs in the world you see muzzled, never Rottweilers. My dog got cornered by a pack of 2 Alsatians and a Rottweiller that were chasing her but because she is a whippet cross she outran them. The owners were buckie swilling tinks who thought it was funny 

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yes - a dog will be aggressive if treated badly and doesn't have the ability to be nasty for no reason . If you're not going to give the dog enough attention/exercise it's going to be unhappy and liable to snap at a person or another dog, it's not rocket science but so long as there is a market for it then dogs will be changing hands unregulated for many years to come.

Everything has the ability to be nasty for no reason (or reasons that god arranged). Chemical imbalances etc....... 

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

They should introduce an amnesty scheme whereby dog owners could hand in their slavering hellhounds and be given a cat in return. Our children would remain uneaten and our pavements unshat.

Cat owners watch Big Brother. Your plan 

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

They should introduce an amnesty scheme whereby dog owners could hand in their slavering hellhounds and be given a cat in return. Our children would remain uneaten and our pavements unshat.

Cat owners watch Big Brother!!!!

Think about what you're saying you silly fucker.

Just scratched faces. Vicious little fuckers.

I'm a dog lover but reckon there should be licences. At least £100. Even such a small sum would be enough to put the vast majority of these scumbags having one. Anyone who is serious about owning a dog wouldn't care about the licence fee it would surely only discriminate against those that are the problem in the first place.

Archived