La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Finally caught up with the Real - Barca game. It really was absolutely outstanding. While other world class players (Kroos, Ronaldo, Suarez) were poor, Messi managed to rise to the occasion yet again.
Both of his goals were typical of him: the first saw him weaving through a tight defence before slotting home (which he's been doing all his career), and the second was him shining through on the grandest of stages - again!
I thought the officials were fucking rank; the Ramos decision was about the only one they got right. That co-commentator didn't have a clue either.

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Finally caught up with the Real - Barca game. It really was absolutely outstanding. While other world class players (Kroos, Ronaldo, Suarez) were poor, Messi managed to rise to the occasion yet again.
Both of his goals were typical of him: the first saw him weaving through a tight defence before slotting home (which he's been doing all his career), and the second was him shining through on the grandest of stages - again!
I thought the officials were fucking rank; the Ramos decision was about the only one they got right. That co-commentator didn't have a clue either.

My thoughts too.  The media gets their panties all in fankle when we get one "high-profile" poor decision here, and yet in easily the biggest game in Spain, and perhaps in European or World football, there were countless decisions that were absolutely hopeless.  

I don't watch too much Spanish football but it's no surprise that Barca and Madrid score shit loads of goals if the defences of the teams down the bottom are as bad as Osasuna's this evening. Barca players are bringing the ball down on their chest from a corner in Osasuna's six yard box!

15 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:

I don't watch too much Spanish football but it's no surprise that Barca and Madrid score shit loads of goals if the defences of the teams down the bottom are as bad as Osasuna's this evening. Barca players are bringing the ball down on their chest from a corner in Osasuna's six yard box!

Osasuna have been bottom of the league for most of the season and have been conceding almost 3 goals a game on the road, so a humping last night wasn't anything unexpected. IMO, the main difference between this and, say, Chelsea/Spurs/City etc at home to a Sunderland or Middlesbrough is that the Spanish teams will still try and play a bit instead of shitfesting and trying to keep the score down. It's admirable in a way, but does them leave open to that sort of result. I caught a bit of Deportivo and they were still having a decent go at Real despite being 3 goals down.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Finding the "Zidane risked his reputation on fringe players" chat a bit strange. The "fringe" attackers were Morata, James Rodriguez and Isco

53 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Osasuna have been bottom of the league for most of the season and have been conceding almost 3 goals a game on the road, so a humping last night wasn't anything unexpected. IMO, the main difference between this and, say, Chelsea/Spurs/City etc at home to a Sunderland or Middlesbrough is that the Spanish teams will still try and play a bit instead of shitfesting and trying to keep the score down. It's admirable in a way, but does them leave open to that sort of result. I caught a bit of Deportivo and they were still having a decent go at Real despite being 3 goals down.

The fact that they use head-to-head as the first tiebreaker rather than goal difference probably helps. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Finding the "Zidane risked his reputation on fringe players" chat a bit strange. The "fringe" attackers were Morata, James Rodriguez and Isco

Aye, it's mental. They've got the best squad in Europe and were playing a team that's flirting with relegation.

• 3 weeks later...