La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Real Madrid have seemingly been veering away from their Galacticos nonsense in their transfer policy, so it will be interesting to see if that is translated in their appointment. Despite being one as a player, Zidane's managerial stock was hardly high before taking over. 

Pochettino's the obvious one, despite his new contract, and you'll get the names that are linked with every vacancy this summer: Allegri, Conte, Wenger. 

Jardim and Sarri would be slightly lower profile appointments who have done well as underdogs. At Monaco, Jardim has followed a similar transfer policy to Real Madrid's recent one, whereas Sarri managed one of the most exciting teams in Europe over the last couple of years.

Is Zidane angling for the France job after Deschamps fucks up the World Cup?

zidane is clearly a decent man and had too much self-esteem to persist with the facade of having to "celebrate" Real's tainted ECL win

if Ramos shows the same level of common decency and retires, and florentino perez presents the trophy to liverpool - i think the Spaniards may be able to come out of the whole sorry affair with their integrity at least partially intact; they should also voluntarily besmirch their pristine white kit by wearing red socks with black tops, so in every game they play in the future they are marked out as the vile cheats they obviously are, and remind folk of the identity of the right and proper champions of europe, and of their own eternal shame

zidane falling on his sword is the first step in the club's rehabilitation....

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Make this happen :lol:

Check out @JonnyGabriel’s Tweet:

Find it SO weird that Jonny Gabriel is the king of football on twitter, I remember him from a local music forum when he had white dreads and only loved chestbeating hardcore.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Reports say that Zinedine Zidane will become the new Manager of the Qatar national team.

They've offered him a 4 year deal worth FIFTY. MILLION. A. YEAR

Surely no

Mental. Assumed he'd be France manager after they bomb out the WC. Can't turn those wages down though. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Mental. Assumed he'd be France manager after they bomb out the WC. Can't turn those wages down though. 

True. I suppose if it dosnt work out he earns himself a little wage packet and will probably go unnoticed and he can still pick whatever club team he wants still

Pretty much, even if he fails there the quality of player would be blamed more than him. Wondered if it's purely to build hype before their world cup, though. 

Interesting last day in Segunda Division where 6 teams can still go down and 5 teams can still get into the promotion playoffs. The champions are not decided yet either. Sevilla B, Lorca and Barcelona B are already down. Huesca and Rayo Vallecano are already promoted. One of them will be crowned champions. Sporting Gijon and Zaragoza are already in the promotion playoffs.

Currently at half time, Cultural Leonesa (the team with the tuxedo shirt) are going down. Rayo are currently champions although if Huesca equalise then they go up as champions. Valladolid and Numancia are going into the promotion playoffs although I hope Numancia concede as that would send Almeria down. Almeria are shite and always seem to avoid relegation on the last day/second last day. A bit like Auxerre in France and Real Mallorca until last season although they've already made an immediate return to Segunda Division. Also, Real Oviedo and Cadiz are splendid so I hope one of them gets into the playoffs.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Guest Moomintroll

Reports say that Zinedine Zidane will become the new Manager of the Qatar national team.

They've offered him a 4 year deal worth FIFTY. MILLION. A. YEAR

Surely no

Hmmmm, wonder if he was offered that before or after he resigned from the circus.

Hmmmm, wonder if he was offered that before or after he resigned from the circus.
I'd read it was more like £44 million over 4 and a half years (to take them to the next world cup). Still ridiculous right enough, especially for someone who isn't really proven as a coach (he managed the Real Squad well but did he do much coaching or was he more of a passive observer?)

Guest Moomintroll
I'd read it was more like £44 million over 4 and a half years (to take them to the next world cup). Still ridiculous right enough, especially for someone who isn't really proven as a coach (he managed the Real Squad well but did he do much coaching or was he more of a passive observer?)
Whatever the actual wage is, given it will be tax free then Zizou has played a blinder. No pressure up until the World Cup then he buggers off after they crash and burn with no need to ever work again. Well played sir.

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
10 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

His team won three Champions Leagues in a row. I don't think you can doubt his managerial credentials in the slightest. 

Whatever the actual wage is, given it will be tax free then Zizou has played a blinder. No pressure up until the World Cup then he buggers off after they crash and burn with no need to ever work again. Well played sir.

I doubt he’s really struggling for cash as it is.