La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

48 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Deportivo La Corona v Fuenlabrada tonight, with Depor trying to stay up and Fuenlabrada trying to make the playoffs in the Segunda Division.

Postponed; I think due to multiple players testing positive for COVID

had a look on their twitter page-dont speak spanish but there was a video of torrential rain so im assuming thats it

given the results tonight are they not actually down anyway?the only team they can catch are ponferradina,3 points ahead of them, and in the head to heads with them theyve won 1-0 home but lost 2-0 away

Edited by highlandcowden

11 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Ah, hopefully I got the wrong end of the stick then.

as i say,i dont speak spanish-i may have put 2+2 together and gotten 23

and,i think i did-ive just read elsewhere about fuenlabradas players testing +ve

Edited by highlandcowden

20 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Ah, hopefully I got the wrong end of the stick then.

18 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

as i say,i dont speak spanish-i may have put 2+2 together and gotten 23

Apparently, the game was postponed because potentially 6 Fuenlabrada players have tested positive for COVID. It's being played on 30th July. Fuenlabrada will make it into the promotion playoffs if they draw with or beat Depor.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

15 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Fuenlabrada will make it into the promotion playoffs if they draw with or beat Depor.

which is pretty tough on elche-fuenlabrada will be up against a team already relegated rather than one fighting for their lives,as would have happened had they played at the same time as everyone else this evening

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The other results went against Deportivo, so they are relegated to the Liga del Seaside without kicking a ball. They will be in the same league as Celta Vigo B next season, which will sting a bit.

Huesca also pipped Cadiz to the title.

What a way to lose it on final game

Albacete survived relegation though.

Screenshot_20200720-233448_LiveScore.jpg

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
4 hours ago, highlandcowden said:
any idea whos got the rights for laliga next season?

Premier Sports for another two seasons.

cheers for that mate,my sub was up for renawal so thought id check before signing on the dotted line

Even if they did could they have still brought another player in since this move was an "emergency ".
Nope, Barcelona were allowed due to injuries but Leganes couldn't because it wasn't an injury issue. That's been the biggest element of farce (that and Barcelona should really have had a youngster or someone they could have played for a couple of games, surely?)

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
Even if they did could they have still brought another player in since this move was an "emergency ".

Nope, Barcelona were allowed due to injuries but Leganes couldn't because it wasn't an injury issue. That's been the biggest element of farce (that and Barcelona should really have had a youngster or someone they could have played for a couple of games, surely?)

Release clauses need to be higher...... not that it stopped them getting relegated whatsoever.  Can spend it now in the lower league whatever they got for him