La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

25 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You know if they put someone on the posts at corners they'd still be level.  And they'd have won the CL too.  

That's the one thing British teams do better than anybody else in the world, attack and defend set pieces.

Not having men on posts boils my pish but I'm not convinced that UK teams are always less susceptible to this nonsense.  Probably from corners that's true but at free kicks they're all expecting goalkeepers to cover the entire range of their goal once it beats the wall from any distance/angle. Even lower league Scottish teams set up to prevent a passing move when they can hardly string two together in open play. 

Graham Hunter is really hard work on commentary here.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Not having men on posts boils my pish but I'm not convinced that UK teams are always less susceptible to this nonsense.  Probably from corners that's true but at free kicks they're all expecting goalkeepers to cover the entire range of their goal once it beats the wall from any distance/angle. Even lower league Scottish teams set up to prevent a passing move when they can hardly string two together in open play. 

That's what boils my piss c***s like that commentating.  I've got a Dutch guy and its quite peaceful, no idea what he's saying he could be calling my mum a c**t wouldn't matter.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ooft, Hunter on commentary? That's McManaman levels of shite.

Awful first half from Atleti, that. Suarez has looked awful since COVID and the less said about Herrera the better. Fair play to Real though, been better all over the pitch.

Very disappointed in how Atletico Madrid performed but they've been doing that on and off in the CL as well so it isn't a huge surprise. It still has to be their title to lose though. It'll come down to which team is more ruthless in dealing with the rest of the division instead of big six-pointers and Simeone's side have all the motivation and enough quality to grind results out. I can't see Real Madrid reliably keeping that motivation for every Huesca and other no-mark game in the months to come and Atletico still have the return fixture at home anyway.

Edited by vikingTON

15 hours ago, virginton said:

Very disappointed in how Atletico Madrid performed but they've been doing that on and off in the CL as well so it isn't a huge surprise. It still has to be their title to lose though. It'll come down to which team is more ruthless in dealing with the rest of the division instead of big six-pointers and Simeone's side have all the motivation and enough quality to grind results out. I can't see Real Madrid reliably keeping that motivation for every Huesca and other no-mark game in the months to come and Atletico still have the return fixture at home anyway.

Don't agree, for me Real won the title last night.  I have no doubt whatsoever they'll pretty much cruise it now, Atleti will make it appear like a decent race for a while but its over.

5 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Don't agree, for me Real won the title last night.  I have no doubt whatsoever they'll pretty much cruise it now, Atleti will make it appear like a decent race for a while but its over.

Despite playing a game more and being three points behind? 

They have Sociedad, Atleti and Barca all in the space of about a month come the new year - as well as the Champions League. 

Still think Atleti are favourites, tbh. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Despite playing a game more and being three points behind? 

They have Sociedad, Atleti and Barca all in the space of about a month come the new year - as well as the Champions League. 

Still think Atleti are favourites, tbh. 

Aye, a relative skoosh.  Atleti need a bigger lead than that to have any chance. Real were always going to come to the boil at one point, the last two performances and results have turned the corner for them. They're reel them in now and ease past them.  Real's title without question for me, Atleti needed to avoid defeat last night.  Big psychological blow too, Real know they have them.

On 13/12/2020 at 21:29, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye, a relative skoosh.  Atleti need a bigger lead than that to have any chance. Real were always going to come to the boil at one point, the last two performances and results have turned the corner for them. They're reel them in now and ease past them.  Real's title without question for me, Atleti needed to avoid defeat last night.  Big psychological blow too, Real know they have them.

alas,i think youre correct

22 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

alas,i think youre correct

Aye, another decent win for them the other night.  Three fairly big wins in a row, won their CL group, easy enough draw. Their season is turning round just now.  Was always going to happen, they're too good and too experienced to stay that bad for long.