Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

People said the same thing about Annan. Probably Elgin before them.

I noticed there is stock-car racing at Central Park on Saturday 20th May, including Round 1 of the "Classic Hot Rods Scottish Series". Could this affect the 2nd leg given allowance for ET and penalties? I recall Clyde had their order of legs reversed a season or two ago when they clashed with a BMX tournament.

They usually come on after. Possibly a 2 pm ko ( just a guess) to avoid a clash if extra time etc

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Are you allowed to vary the kick-off yourself or would SPFL and/or EK have to agree?

I notice it was first race 5pm today but elsewhere it suggests 6pm in a fortnight. How much turn-over time is needed?

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Ok. Are you allowed to vary the kick-off yourself or would SPFL and/or EK have to agree?

I notice it was first race 5pm today but elsewhere it suggests 6pm in a fortnight. How much turn-over time is needed?

Sure they will sort something out. Under no circumstances should we be swopping the home games. Can't see that happening.

And possibility of Extra Time and Penalties need to be planned for....

I would have preferd a shot at clyde. They are pish but seem to think they are this big club. Give me a glorified boys club with there own wee ground any day.

[emoji23] 400 seater in the middle of a country park we would need to be all ticket every week with nearly 200 locked out and that's us down bottom of the division

People made the same criticisms and condescensions of Edinburgh City last season. Indeed their average crowds in LL were a bit lower than EK's are.

City averaged over 400 this season. This was considerably excess of Cowdenbeath, more than Annan, similar to Berwick and similar to several SPFL1 teams.

And how many away fans ?

East Kilbride should have had an SPFL team a long time ago given the size of the town. It's good they can now play their way in. Think EK would have preferred Berwick or Clyde though, because Cowdenbeath's recent form has been unusually strong for a club finishing bottom of the league.

Like Livingston [emoji23]

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I noticed there is stock-car racing at Central Park on Saturday 20th May, including Round 1 of the "Classic Hot Rods Scottish Series". Could this affect the 2nd leg given allowance for ET and penalties? I recall Clyde had their order of legs reversed a season or two ago when they clashed with a BMX tournament.

Stock Cars are on every Saturday March-October apart from 2 weeks in July. As Al said we may ask for an early kick off sure things will be announced in due course. The Clyde BMX thing was last season.

Your big on facts how about checking them , at central park the stock car racing takes place after the games

[emoji23] 400 seater in the middle of a country park we would need to be all ticket every week with nearly 200 locked out and that's us down bottom of the division

I was wondering this myself. If they win the playoff, will they be able to increase the capacity in time for next season?
If you listen to some of their supporters there may only be space for very few away supporters after their season tickets are sold.

They have plans in place for a 4000 seat stadium in the town. They might even let clyde share it[emoji1]

I'm interested in when this white elephant will be completed.

Archived