Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

Tough luck to Cowdenbeath today, but just very happy that it's not us facing the play off with EK. Really hope you come through it and are still in the league next season.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowdenbeath couldn't find a goal... Clyde went 1-0 up, but ended 1-1... Berwick roared into a 2-0 lead, then stumbled back to a 2-2 draw, then won it 3-2.

Cowdenbeath: consigned to playoff and possible 3rd consecutive relegation.

East Kilbride beat Buckie 2-1 and therefore 4-3 on aggregate. According to the radio Buckie's goal was a freak OG, and they finished with 9 men including their hyped strike getting a second yellow for diving, so the highlights should make for interesting watching.

Having met 6 times now HL champion has yet to win a game v LL champion and indeed have only led once.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cowdenbeath couldn't find a goal... Clyde went 1-0 up, but ended 1-1... Berwick roared into a 2-0 lead, then stumbled back to a 2-2 draw, then won it 3-2.

East Kilbride beat Buckie 2-1 and therefore 4-3 on aggregate. According to the radio Buckie's goal was a freak OG, and they finished with 9 men including their hyped strike getting a second yellow for diving, so the highlights should make for interesting watching.

Having met 6 times now HL champion has yet to win a game v LL champion and indeed have only led once.

Of course with the 9 men the HFL  conspiracy theorists will be oot in force. 

Well done EK though a trip to the tories at Cowdenbeath will be selfishly a better day oot travel wise for me :)

Rather you than us Cowden but FWIW I hope you stay up. There is the sum total of f**k all in the LL worth having - most of them have been publicly funded and little more than boys Clubs who can't believe their luck - and the HL don't want in and I don't blame them

Good luck

9 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Rather you than us Cowden but FWIW I hope you stay up. There is the sum total of f**k all in the LL worth having - most of them have been publicly funded and little more than boys Clubs who can't believe their luck - and the HL don't want in and I don't blame them

Good luck

Most have their own ground though ;)

So, two play-off games v. EK for Cowden, after not getting past out-of-form Forfar and Elgin. I'd like to think there's been a leap forward since Locke took over, but when three out of four wins since he was announced (one of them he didn't even manage in) came against us and Clyde....

Yet Cowden are still the favourite to win, with the accompanying pressure on the squad.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Brora won through to the playoff final?

i was there today - Buckie rarely threatened, and actually played better in the 2nd half with 10 men. EK below their best and nervy after the OG but much the better football team and deserved the win.

Fancy EK to have enough to do the job now...

People made the same criticisms and condescensions of Edinburgh City last season. Indeed their average crowds in LL were a bit lower than EK's are.

City averaged over 400 this season. This was considerably excess of Cowdenbeath, more than Annan, similar to Berwick and similar to several SPFL1 teams.

East Kilbride should have had an SPFL team a long time ago given the size of the town. It's good they can now play their way in. Think EK would have preferred Berwick or Clyde though, because Cowdenbeath's recent form has been unusually strong for a club finishing bottom of the league.

People made the same criticisms and condescensions of Edinburgh City last season. Indeed their average crowds in LL were a bit lower than EK's are.

City averaged over 400 this season. This was considerably excess of Cowdenbeath, more than Annan, similar to Berwick and similar to several SPFL1 teams.

You would expect a large increase in the attendances for the first year in the higher league. I'm sure a decent number in that average are away supporters.

We'll see how the attendances are after 10 years kicking around the lower reaches playing the same teams every week.

Obv our home support is poor, but away from home is decent
Not sure attendance last month away to Edinburgh but we had a cracking support over

5 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

We'll see how the attendances are after 10 years kicking around the lower reaches playing the same teams every week.

People said the same thing about Annan. Probably Elgin before them.

I noticed there is stock-car racing at Central Park on Saturday 20th May, including Round 1 of the "Classic Hot Rods Scottish Series". Could this affect the 2nd leg given allowance for ET and penalties? I recall Clyde had their order of legs reversed a season or two ago when they clashed with a BMX tournament.

Archived