Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I remember it well. Our players gathered into a sort of 'f**k the showers, let's avoid Peter and get out of here' thing. I cut short a weekend in Torridon to get to that.

:lol: It was at Pennypit Park, Prestonpans, IIRC. Quite an achievement for Edinburgh Uni, tbf, rather like a Scottish Championship side winning the Scottish Cup or League Cup. I think they beat Edinburgh City and Hibs en route.

EDIT: They did, and Vale of Leithen. Mostly away too. Never conceded. Some run:

R1 - Sat 22 Feb 2014 - Kelso United 0-5 Edinburgh University
R2 - Sat 15 Mar 2014 - Vale of Leithen 0-2 Edinburgh University
R3 - Wed 7 May 2014 - Edinburgh University 1-0 Hibernian EOS
SF - Wed 14 May 2014 - Edinburgh City 0-1 Edinburgh University
Fin - Sun 18 May 2014 - Whitehill Welfare 0-1 Edinburgh University (at Pennypit Park, Prestonpans)

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I've been at games involving unis where player has spoken back or sworn at the referee and been immediately pulled-off by the manager; 

I remember when only you got a club fine for that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

:lol: It was at Pennypit Park, Prestonpans, IIRC. 

The same venue where, earlier in the season, WW recorded their record LL win, 9-2. Could have kept back a couple of goals.

Chances of this happening?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-football-could-set-first-10353811

Basically if Cowden win and both Clyde and Berwick lose then there could be a tie-breaker? For example if Berwick lost 2-1 while Clyde lost 2-0 then they'd be tied on goals scored, conceded and their head to heads are equal!

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-football-could-set-first-10353811

Basically if Cowden win and both Clyde and Berwick lose then there could be a tie-breaker? For example if Berwick lost 2-1 while Clyde lost 2-0 then they'd be tied on goals scored, conceded and their head to heads are equal!

Statistically the chances are very low: someone like Craigkillie could probably do it in %, no more than a few I'd imagine. Cowdenbeath win and both of Clyde and Berwick losing is in itself not likely but clearly perfectly possible; you've then got the added layer of both Clyde and Berwick scoring the same goals; you've then got the added layer of Berwick conceding 1 fewer.

Though the article - maybe aping another thread on here! - says it hasn't happened for 102yrs, even then the dead-heat occurred only as there was no tie-break after points (not even GA).

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Someone at the Record and the Sun must have been reading this thread as this was mentioned on here at the start of the week.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Not a bit warm for anoraks this weather?

In the circumstances I think it's justified to be clued-up on the permutations. Plenty of the Berwick fans at Clyde were confused over whether we were bottom or not when both games were 1-0. If, heaven forbid, it reaches a situation where Cowdenbeath are winning and Clyde + Berwick losing then as news filters through entire supports will be searching for clarity.

Statistically the chances are very low: someone like Craigkillie could probably do it in %, no more than a few I'd imagine. Cowdenbeath win and both of Clyde and Berwick losing is in itself not likely but clearly perfectly possible; you've then got the added layer of both Clyde and Berwick scoring the same goals; you've then got the added layer of Berwick conceding 1 fewer.

Though the article - maybe aping another thread on here! - says it hasn't happened for 102yrs, even then the dead-heat occurred only as there was no tie-break after points (not even GA).

If anyone wants a flutter

IMG_1493999071.853005.jpg

Pretty decent chance that Cowden can win and Berwick and Clyde lose.

It will be interesting to see how many times the bottom position changes over the 90 minutes today. I hope it is pretty boring and only changes once!

Archived