Pars vs. Doonhamers

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very ambitious for Gavin Reilly to talk about what he's going to do if he scores.

I like players to believe they are going to score, if they are visualising it happening, then psychologically they have a better chance of making it happen.

I hope Moff is also thinking about how he's going to celebrate his double.

I have no problem with former players celebrating against us. When all is said and done, strikers want to score goals and no matter who it's against they will get that thrill whenever they score. If were to score and then goad us then that's entirely different* but I can't imagine he'd do that. He's well within his rights to celebrate a goal with his fans and team mates though.

In all honesty I'm pretty disappointed with the feedback on here about Gav. I have every faith he will come good for The Pars though and today's ideal situation for me would be 2-1 QoS; a Dobbie double and a goal for Gav to boost his confidence (no goal for Tanman as I want to see that for myself).

* Unless of course it's a John O'Neill situation and the supporters give him pelters. In that case all bets are off. But again, I don't think we have anyone in our support that would give Gav any sort of abuse.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Only got 20s on that one (From Coral in shop actually!) and a work mate told me two days after that like you he got 33s. Devastated doesn't come close.

I'd heard he was 16/1 upon signing which I thought was generous.  I had a nosey on Wednesday to see what he'd dropped to after the start he's had and noticed he wasn't even listed on Oddschecker so I went onto Coral who had a market running for top goalscorer.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw he was 33/1 with 3 goals to his name already!

I wanted to put £50 on the nose, but bottled it and just put a tenner each way.  Cummings is 10/11 favourite and is probably his main threat.  Hopefully he moves in January.

John Baird is 9/1 for those interested.

I'd heard he was 16/1 upon signing which I thought was generous.  I had a nosey on Wednesday to see what he'd dropped to after the start he's had and noticed he wasn't even listed on Oddschecker so I went onto Coral who had a market running for top goalscorer.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw he was 33/1 with 3 goals to his name already!

I wanted to put £50 on the nose, but bottled it and just put a tenner each way.  Cummings is 10/11 favourite and is probably his main threat.  Hopefully he moves in January.

John Baird is 9/1 for those interested.

Hadn't even clocked the date. Managed to get him on at 33's as well, cheers very much!!

That's me got £40 on him in total for £1100 potential return :lol: Needless to say if it comes in I'll be hunting the man down and buying him a pint or 3.

I agree, Cummings is comfortably the competition here and like you my hope is he's snapped up in January.

How many do Queens bring usually? Will it be a bit more today as it's been five years since your last visit to EEP?

No idea the average. I'd have guessed 250/300 but then folk say we have a following up there. I think I've only visited once so can't comment on a normal amount. I reckon (if we do indeed have a following up there) there could be about 350/400 today. Personally if I wasn't babysitting and going out tonight I'd have been up today. The signing of Dobbie makes any game a potential 3 pointer now and will encourage our floating fans to travel to games they wouldn't have IMO :-)

Archived