Pars vs. Doonhamers

Thought we were comfortably better side first half and merited being ahead. Pars were awful 1st half.

Challenge for red card looked a shocker. 

We were hanging on at the end. Credit to Pars for that but given we had an extra man our ball retention and decision making was dire.

.Obviously not easy to see from our end but sounds like Pars should have had a pen.

Poor miss by Moffat first half.

Dykes looked in a bad way. Hope it`s not as bad as it looked.

Delighted for Lyle. 100 goals for us now. great stuff.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Tam said:

Grand result without playing our best. Pleased Del got his 100th with a well worked free kick routine. Felt we deserved a lead at half time.

Ii was half a pitch away and had followed the ball, so I can't judge the red card decision. What I did see, viz. a late challenge, was worth a card but I was still surprised when it was a straight red, seeing the ref had been pretty reluctant to book anybody.

after that we used the space well at times but Pars did well in defence and we couldn't get the second. When they went for it in the last 10 mins we were hanging on and I was relieved when the final whistle came. Hope Lyndonis OK. Miller had another good game. Some of our passing today was a bit slack; frustrating when there was an easy ball to keep possession and the move going.

onwards and upwardsh

Really? I thought he was pretty anonymous, other than a brief spell late on. 

Easily our worst performance of the season, particularly after the red card, so nice to come out with win. Cant comment on the penalty but Dunfermline were so poor it would have been a travesty if they'd taken anything from the game, even though we were hanging on a bit at the end.

Talbots challenge was as reckless as it was stupid. A clear red card from an idiot of a footballer. The challenge on Dykes wasnt a great one either. The Dunfermline player got the ball but his follow through caught Dykes high on his shin with the studs. It wasnt deliberate but it was dangerous. Of course, Charleston gave a throw :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Really? I thought he was pretty anonymous, other than a brief spell late on. 

Easily our worst performance of the season, particularly after the red card, so nice to come out with win. Cant comment on the penalty but Dunfermline were so poor it would have been a travesty if they'd taken anything from the game, even though we were hanging on a bit at the end.

Talbots challenge was as reckless as it was stupid. A clear red card from an idiot of a footballer. The challenge on Dykes wasnt a great one either. The Dunfermline player got the ball but his follow through caught Dykes high on his shin with the studs. It wasnt deliberate but it was dangerous. Of course, Charleston gave a throw :rolleyes:

I thought Millar was good today again.

Didn`t really see a problem with the challenge on Dykes in all honesty. Reaction of our players didn`t suggest to me that they saw anything wrong with it either.

Any away win in this League is a great result especially as we were not at our best. Expected Dunfermline to be much better than this given their performances last season. 

Was very surprised at how easily we coped with the Dunfermline attack and Gavin Reilly was completely anonymous. That said we made a real mess of managing the game after the Talbot dismissal - we started panicking for some inexplicable reason and showed no composure in our ball retention. We very nearly paid the price for that and survived a few scary moments late on. The only surprise was that we didnt actually concede an equaliser as that would have been an absolute sickener.There is a lot to learn from that performance - we must learn to keep the ball whenin a winning position and sitting deep especially against 10 men almost deserved the ultimate penalty. Not good tactics I'm afraid!!

Thought we were much the better side however without scaling and heights - Marshall was excellent today ably assisted by Brownlee, Hamill and Dowie at the back and Miller and Jacobs were busy in the midfield. Hilson is a good player but he seems to struggle to synchronise his brain and his feet - always seems to be doing everything at 100 mph and invariably picks the wrong option when in dangerous positions. 

The last thing we need is a bad injury to Dykes - sincely hope this is not too bad as he is a player that we will really struggle to replace.After Dobbie he is arguably our next most important player as his pace and strength is virtually impossible to replace at is level.

Overall though a great start but as we keep winning expectations naturally increase.

Absolute shite, fearing we're in for a relegation battle tbh

QOTS more than deserved to be ahead at half time as we could barely pass the ball (McCabe was particularly guilty) and we only had one real chance which Moffat shockingly squandered, a player who surely wouldn't be in the starting line up had Johnston actually brought in a proper striker by now. We got away with murder when Lyle's free kick bounced off one post before hitting the other.

Thought McMullan made an impact when he came on at half time, Talbot's challenge was fucking stupid, what on earth was he thinking? From the games he's played in this season, he's been out of his depth like a few others. When Moffat went off i thought Reilly looked more of a threat up top himself and we pushed for it in the final fifteen minutes. We should have had a penalty when Robinson made a mess of Geggan's effort, was it Reilly or Spence who followed in? Either way, one of them was illegally stopped by the QOTS player from putting the ball into the back of the net.

Two week break comes at a good time for us, hopefully Murdoch and Wedderburn will be back and we'll have a new forward in by the Dundee United game...as god help it, we need one.

Reillys only bit of quality came after Moffat went off but he didn't look any better, still utterly anonymous.

Players not up to this level.

Hutton, his height, or lack of it, is a problem. He can't command his box and is slow to get to shots.

Martin, failed as a centre half at league one. Now looks like a half decent squad player. Beaten far too easily last week for the goal.

Williamson, fans favourite but his end product is not there. 

McCabe, terrible, lazy and gives the ball away constantly. 

Spence, not up to league one so why resign him?

BRE? could be coached but he's a bombscare against quality.

Hopkirk, same as spence.

Moffat, I was wrong, he's just pish.

Reilly, utterly missing so far. 

AJ has made a complete mess of it. Worse team than last year, I feared as much a few weeks back. 

Saying that if we had kept the head or made the right decisions in a couple of games we would've got a couple of draws.

Martin and Williamson is extraordinary harsh.

Worth mentioning today that BRE was alright, at one point when McCabe passed to Dobbie he done brilliantly to stand up and push Dobbie out wide, that's the most quality he'll deal with in this league and he certainly wasn't a bombscare.

See, QoS fans? Reilly has been totally anonymous for us. 

Thank Christ it's a two week break from league action. Surely enough time for Wedderburn and Murdoch to come back plus a proper striker to be signed and match fit. Our heads are clearly not in it at the moment and Johnston needs to get it sorted pronto. Today showed me we'll be doing well to finish as high as 7th in the league unless something changes. Having a proper goalie in Murdoch back plus a striker should help. 

I thought we played well up until Dunfermline went down to 10 men, we had plenty chances for the killer second but were over-elaborate in front of goal. The last 10 was something of a white knuckle ride, but we were too far away to see how close or otherwise Dunfermline were. Don't have a scooby about the penalty.

I thought Marshall had a good game, he seemed to be in the thick of it plenty. Brownlie seemed to be pretty solid, and Hamill was much better than he was recently.

Don't think Dunfermline have worked out how to play with Reilly. He won the ball a few times, laid it off quickly but nothing happened. 

And Dobbie is mortal, he looked dangerous but it didn't quite come off. The incident in the first half when an opponent passed to him and just about put him through was the closest he came.

For the Pars, the reality is that the Championship is a tough division, nothing comes easy, but I saw enough in the second half to see that you will have better days.

Just delighted with the 3 points.

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I thought Millar was good today again.

Didn`t really see a problem with the challenge on Dykes in all honesty. Reaction of our players didn`t suggest to me that they saw anything wrong with it either.

Maybe it was an angles thing. From my angle it looked like he caught him with the follow through of the challenge. Maybe the angle was misleading

We'll have to agree to disagree on Millar

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

See, QoS fans? Reilly has been totally anonymous for us. 

Thank Christ it's a two week break from league action. Surely enough time for Wedderburn and Murdoch to come back plus a proper striker to be signed and match fit. Our heads are clearly not in it at the moment and Johnston needs to get it sorted pronto. Today showed me we'll be doing well to finish as high as 7th in the league unless something changes. Having a proper goalie in Murdoch back plus a striker should help. 

Reilly needs service though, hes not going to create much on his own. The balls forward from Dunfermline were horrific today. He also does a lot of his best work off the ball, chasing down defenders, winning back possession etc. Queens dont play the ball around at the back much this season, and certainly not today

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Reillys only bit of quality came after Moffat went off but he didn't look any better, still utterly anonymous.

Martin and Williamson is extraordinary harsh.

Worth mentioning today that BRE was alright, at one point when McCabe passed to Dobbie he done brilliantly to stand up and push Dobbie out wide, that's the most quality he'll deal with in this league and he certainly wasn't a bombscare.

He can be, last week he struggled against mcmamus. Where was he at the goal? Also missed a sitter. He can be coached though imo. 

We werent at our best. Easily our poorest league performance of the season though probably not as bad as the Stenny cup game. We were still comfortably the better side and deserved to win. Oddly better at 11 v 11 than when we were a man up though. Didnt carry massive open play threat although one first half diving header from Lyle was unlucky. The free kick which hit both posts was really unlucky and the goal was well constructed with Hamill and Dowie leaving Del a tap in.

Red card was an absolute shocker. Cant believe Talbot complained about it. Not many of his team-mates did. Very lucky not to seriously hurt his former team mate. Like Mr X I thought the one on Dykes was possibly also a foul though dont think there was any intent. Looked like ankle ligament damage from the way he left so hopefully not a major problem but no doubt without him for a few weeks.

Genuinely didnt see this foul on Reilly the Dunfermline fans are appealing for when Lee parried the ball out to him. Need to see it again. I thought they were appealing it was over the line before Hamill cleared! It would have been a travesty if they had nicked a draw though.

Dobbie had his poorest game to date for us. Nothing really came off but he still carried threat and earned the free kick we scored from. 

Thought Michael Paton did well for the Pars and was probably their best player until McMullan came on anyway. Reilly got no service at all but I thought he did ok. Dowie was our man of the match for me though. 

Been a right good start to the season though!

Reilly needs service though, hes not going to create much on his own. The balls forward from Dunfermline were horrific today. He also does a lot of his best work off the ball, chasing down defenders, winning back possession etc. Queens dont play the ball around at the back much this season, and certainly not today

Reilly needs to do something to warrant service, even today at the end who was it following up despite us having one striker? Wasn't Reilly unsurprisingly.

You can only piss with the cock you've got and with him upfront we've got a tadger. In games where we are having plenty of the ball and where you're expecting your striker to stand up, get some good runs into the box and get on the end of passes? Negative ghostrider.

He can be, last week he struggled against mcmamus. Where was he at the goal? Also missed a sitter. He can be coached though imo. 

Last week he was pretty bad, and it was a bad miss at the end.

I'm not sure what happened at the goal, to have one free header is ridiculous, to then have the ball travel along the six yard box for another free header is ridiculous. Again though it was the only shot on target QoTS had, that indicates not bad going from the defence, it was our attack that let us down.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Reilly needs to do something to warrant service, even today at the end who was it following up despite us having one striker? Wasn't Reilly unsurprisingly.

You can only piss with the cock you've got and with him upfront we've got a tadger. In games where we are having plenty of the ball and where you're expecting your striker to stand up, get some good runs into the box and get on the end of passes? Negative ghostrider.

Last week he was pretty bad, and it was a bad miss at the end.

I'm not sure what happened at the goal, to have one free header is ridiculous, to then have the ball travel along the six yard box for another free header is ridiculous. Again though it was the only shot on target QoTS had, that indicates not bad going from the defence, it was our attack that let us down.

While he was quiet he made a few decent runs first half. Maybe he just got fed up playing with such dross second half ;)

The goal wasnt our only shot on target. 

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The goal wasnt our only shot on target. 

What other save did Hutton have to make? I genuinely can't remember. 

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Genuinely didnt see this foul on Reilly the Dunfermline fans are appealing for when Lee parried the ball out to him. Need to see it again. I thought they were appealing it was over the line before Hamill cleared! It would have been a travesty if they had nicked a draw though.

Dobbie had his poorest game to date for us. Nothing really came off but he still carried threat and earned the free kick we scored from.

To be fair the guy only came through the back of the player about to bundle the ball into an empty net...

Was a bit disappointed with Dobbie too, although maybe that was due to high expectations. "earned the free kick" is certainly one way of putting it... looked very much like one of those 'run into the boy and jump into the air and hope the whistle goes' efforts. Very little contact if any.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

According to the BBC (I know), we had two shots on target.

Depends what you count. One attack near the end had two or three shots on target all on its own but they were blocked by defenders rather than the keeper so I dont think they count them.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We werent at our best. Easily our poorest league performance of the season though probably not as bad as the Stenny cup game. We were still comfortably the better side and deserved to win. Oddly better at 11 v 11 than when we were a man up though. Didnt carry massive open play threat although one first half diving header from Lyle was unlucky. The free kick which hit both posts was really unlucky and the goal was well constructed with Hamill and Dowie leaving Del a tap in.

Red card was an absolute shocker. Cant believe Talbot complained about it. Not many of his team-mates did. Very lucky not to seriously hurt his former team mate. Like Mr X I thought the one on Dykes was possibly also a foul though dont think there was any intent. Looked like ankle ligament damage from the way he left so hopefully not a major problem but no doubt without him for a few weeks.

Thought Michael Paton did well for the Pars and was probably their best player until McMullan came on anyway. Reilly got no service at all but I thought he did ok. Dowie was our man of the match for me though. 

Been a right good start to the season though!

Not sure if it was a foul, might have been, but agree re no intent. Hope Dykes is OK, really impressed by him, still raw but has real ability.

Dowie was excellent today. 

Archived