Arbroath vs Stirling Albion

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what a fucking second half

Linn got a hat trick, brilliant but I've seen him play better, shows you how good he is, still had a real good second half

Skelly MOTM for me, Doris played well to, we could've scored a load today and we were unlucky with the goals we lost, especially the first one, second one was a really bad rare mistake from Hammy

Think we thoroughly deserved to win that though, wasn't the best performance but a good good win

Simon will be delighted we changed both strikers at 4-3 ;) some goal from Kader

NEVER a penalty unreal that it was given to be honest

Second in the league,wonder if Lumsdens team could ever had said that ;)

What can you say about that game helter skelter for sure,some pretty dodgy defending but loads of goals and three points so happy although i thought we needed a sixth to ease my nerves...:)

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well what a fucking second half

Linn got a hat trick, brilliant but I've seen him play better, shows you how good he is, still had a real good second half

Skelly MOTM for me, Doris played well to, we could've scored a load today and we were unlucky with the goals we lost, especially the first one, second one was a really bad rare mistake from Hammy

Think we thoroughly deserved to win that though, wasn't the best performance but a good good win

Simon will be delighted we changed both strikers at 4-3 ;) some goal from Kader

NEVER a penalty unreal that it was given to be honest

I agree with all of this :o

Really happy with the game today, we were fantastic going forward. Have to agree with most that the penalty decision was a joke. Dick's decision to take Phillips off and shift Hammy out to left back was a really good bit of play. Think we were unlucky in defence with the deflection, offside goal and the mistake, otherwise thought we were really solid at the back. The often non-existent midfield is maybe a cause for concern.

Great start to the season, long may it continue!

Said to boys I was with at the game about Kader, he genuinely pops up everywhere defensively and going forward, few times he bailed us out at LB!!! :lol:

See when he takes on people does it with absolute ease, strolls up to them as slow as you like drops the shoulder and he's off just wish he would do it more often, that said what a strike for his goal and 2 assists too. Both pretty impressive ones, could've easily went himself but slid in Skelly and the second I had no idea what he was doing picked up the rebound after the 1 on 1 and pretty sure everybody thought he was going to shoot himself but rolls it across to Bobby and he walks it in basically.

Fantastic game today,really enjoyed it. It's one of them where you could analyse and criticise but for me I would take games like that every week. Maybe Dick has taken on the Keegan philosophy,as long as we score more than the opposition. Well done Arbroath.

12 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

McLaren has to go, none of this wait till the first quarter then decide. The board need to grow a set and sack him pronto.

Wont happen too early but if we continue to ship goals especially away fro home then they will have to make up their minds sooner rather than later. We can score goals but we simply cant defend and if that does not improve then Yes McLaren must go.

On 23 August 2016 at 10:32, Lichtie78 said:

The real question is, what position will Davie Gold run the show from this week?Right mid, right back or centre mid?

Centre mid is the answer. Had a MoTM performance again. Starting to really like Goldie now after thinking he was lightweight last season.

Albion really weren't bad with the 2 big strikers giving us problems. Once Bobby Linn got the measure of the RB, then there was an inevitable goal rush. The new boy Brown was impressive. A brilliant move by DC to bring him on and move Hammy to LB. The Kader goal was a thing of beauty.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157672948670116 = Photographs from today's game

Very entertaining with a scoreline that could have been 9-7 if both teams had take the clear chances they had created.  I didn't think it was a penalty, but then I think Stirling's 3rd looked offside.   Issac Layne will score a lot of goals at this level, he looks a great prospect.  I also love how Stirling have 4 defenders all called Ross! Have they ever all played together?   Skelly and Bobby both tied for my man of the match. 

Can anyone confirm seeing if Josh Skelly was booked? I can't recall it.

Arbroath 5 - 3 Stirling Albion -

Archived