Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

23 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I picked up the Lifted Over The Turnstiles book from Waterstones this week which shows fantastic old pictures of all (almost) the old grounds, only a few I recognise from this thread. Don't know if it's been mentioned before but it's an excellent book (you can skip by the Chick Young foreword). Supposed to be a Christmas present for my dad but I can't help flicking through it.

I got a freebie :cheers  

2 of the shots are mine.

I picked up the Lifted Over The Turnstiles book from Waterstones this week which shows fantastic old pictures of all (almost) the old grounds, only a few I recognise from this thread. Don't know if it's been mentioned before but it's an excellent book (you can skip by the Chick Young foreword). Supposed to be a Christmas present for my dad but I can't help flicking through it.

I recently had a shot of that book and the one from Pittodrie with the fans on the roof is a belter!

On 21/12/2018 at 09:55, Archie McSquackle said:

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I got a freebie :cheers  

Think Archie did as well - note he doesn't say he bought it!

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, I think that makes an appearance somewhere in this thread. That picture and the one of the half built stand at Tannadice being used despite not having stairs make you realise that health and safety regulations have their place!

They were paying homage to this lot.

Image result for new york workers on beam

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is it still available anywhere?

Out of stock with Amazon, however the DC Thomson shop gives the impression it may be available next year.

This item is now out of stock - all orders will be despatched in February.

https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/lifted-over-the-turnstiles

On 10/21/2018 at 12:02, IrishBhoy said:

Does anyone have a picture of the pie stall that was shaped like a big tub of Bovril that sat at the side of the old Love Street main stand? That was quite strange. 

Photo from Last Match at Love Street.

208.thumb.JPG.be3e722215eb4fe86820355d4017de0a.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Was given the lifted over the turnstiles book for Christmas and naturally, the way you do, went to the entry about my own team.

”Dundee United were formedin 1909 by the amalgamation of several well-established football clubs in the town “

No they weren’t....!

Edited by Spirit of Barcelona

I remember being in Tynecastle in 1989 for Scotland v Portugal, U16 World Cup Semi-Finals. Place was rammed- I'm sure that the crowd was given as 27,000 and Tynecastle's official capacity was something like 24,000! 
Tynecastle 's capacity was 27,000 then.
It seemed like there were a lot more though.