Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If it was morning then all the seats in the East stand would be in shadow.

The sun is in the south west so that’s mid afternoon

sherlock.jpg.a0146ecbf030eda60a981cf82e70ed93.jpg

well deduced my dear Watson.. now perhaps you'll detect the joke. 

2 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
9 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:
Albion Rovers state of the stadium, Cliftonhill, some time in the 1980's I suspect judging by car in the picture. 
FB_IMG_1565107946280.thumb.jpg.235c6be97d6b72452447565675077d1e.jpg

Aye, guid yin. " State of the stadium " in no way related to the busloads who head from Coatbridge to Celtic Park, especially, and Ibrox every week.

Actually was a typo error, meant to type 'state of the art' in a sarcastic nod to it's shall we say 'character', sorry I offended you, you seem an angry chap today.

Kilbowie Park made a lasting impression on me when I first started going to matches. It had that weird social club thing in one corner. The ball would occasionally rattle the windaes. Technically it was one of the few 'all seater' stadiums in Scotland at the time, although that makes it sound more grandiose than it was. 

1 hour ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

No more grumpy than usual, thanks, FB. And you are quite correct in acknowledging that all the lazy stuff about Rovers' stadium, pitch, pie stall, etc, especially when it comes from supporters of the weekly emigres, somewhat ruffles the feathers

Been to Cliftonhill a few times watching Stirling Albion and, granted the facilities are to say the least 'basic' but me personally find nothing wrong with that, a ground with character and characters.

The only of the lower league grounds I genuinely dislike is Central Park, Cowdenbeath, like watching football in prison with an aroma of diesel for added joy.

I genuinely think fair play to anyone who watches Cowdenbeath on a regular basis. Nothing to do with the team or standard, just the ground.  Absolutely horrendous place to watch a game; too far from the pitch, fences in the way from most parts of the terracing and no atmosphere.

I was at a promotion decider there against Brechin City in the early 2000's, sure there was a helicopter trophy bit of action going on?  Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but also a crowd of 3000 or so?  A few pints in partners(?) before the match, was a cracking day.

Obviously couldn't afford to do it, but it'd be great if Cowden had their own wee ground separate from the stock cars, close to the pitch etc as I think they'd be well supported and it'd be a great away day close to the town centre pubs and train station. 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I genuinely think fair play to anyone who watches Cowdenbeath on a regular basis. Nothing to do with the team or standard, just the ground.  Absolutely horrendous place to watch a game; too far from the pitch, fences in the way from most parts of the terracing and no atmosphere.

I was at a promotion decider there against Brechin City in the early 2000's, sure there was a helicopter trophy bit of action going on?  Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but also a crowd of 3000 or so?  A few pints in partners(?) before the match, was a cracking day.

Obviously couldn't afford to do it, but it'd be great if Cowden had their own wee ground separate from the stock cars, close to the pitch etc as I think they'd be well supported and it'd be a great away day close to the town centre pubs and train station. 

The helicopter was 06 when we won the league. Brechin was in 01 when we were runner up.