Raith v Falkirk.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
Could we deploy Hippo on the right and push Leahy forward to bring Gallacher into the team?

Thought the young man had a great game yesterday and had all the signs of being our next big thing coming through.

All the signs? There have been teams salivating over him even before he signed full time with us.

IMO if he gets into the side over the next few months he will be gone by the summer. I just can't see us getting 50 games out of the lad.

The list of clubs on his tail should bring us in our biggest ever transfer fee. He is the first we have produced that the BIG EPL clubs have taken an interest in and for that we have to capitalise financially.

Will we be smart enough to do it is the question for me.

We all remember the Roddy Manley wall at Brockviller. The Tony Gallacher East Stand anyone?

Not that I am saying we will get that sort of cash to pay for it in full but it will give us a sizeable deposit

Guest Back Post Misses

Keep a hold of McManus on Saturday and I think we will do ok. Failure to do that will cost us. Still want to see Austin given a run. Not convinced any of the other three strikers have done anything to have Austin kicking his heels.

The biggest chance we have is Gary Locke being in charge of them. We all know he will mess up eventually - starting Saturday hopefully

The Gary Locke chat is always amusing, especially since the season is under way and we're doing relatively well. He was meant to be a colossal failure before a ball was kicked, he's now meant to be a colossal failure 'eventually', if we have a good season people will say it'll be next season where he'll fail. If we are to lose on Saturday it'll be down to our injury situation and not the Gary Locke effect that other teams are desperate to see. 

A win on Saturday would be huge for moral and I think a sense of 'now we've started, let's kick on' would start to surface and hopefully a positive feeling will return for some. Would love to see Austin feature, can't see it happening at all though especially now that shagger mchugh and Baird are off the mark, had Austin played and scored 2 in that rout on Saturday I still wouldn't have said he would have featured on Saturday. Certainly banging them in for the 20s, surely he was signed as a first team player ? Any one have any further info on Grants return ? I was under the impression September was the aim, looking like October now ?

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

The Gary Locke chat is always amusing, especially since the season is under way and we're doing relatively well. He was meant to be a colossal failure before a ball was kicked, he's now meant to be a colossal failure 'eventually', if we have a good season people will say it'll be next season where he'll fail. If we are to lose on Saturday it'll be down to our injury situation and not the Gary Locke effect that other teams are desperate to see. 

A huge proportion of the Gary Locke chat was from your own fans, so you can't use that as a stick to beat anyone else with.

Locke has done absolutely fine, and there are no signs of things suddenly turning shit. Yes it's early days and we may well lose on Sat, but I'm happy with what I've seen.

Being a failure in the premiership doesn't mean that the same will happen in this league. The difference in standard is absolutely huge.

I never look forward to a trip to starks park, its always a tough game.

I'd like to think Falkirk haven't started to click and we might see the best of them at any moment but I just don't see anything in the squad that excites or makes me think top 3. Certainly not anywhere near the same level of confidence I had going to games last year. I hope i'm proved wrong but I predict a 2-1 to Raith.

A win would be fucking great, a loss and its the acceptance that this is going to be a long, long season. Of course a draw wouldn't be a bad result but you'd be left wondering another week just where we are headed.

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Raithie said:

It will go wrong. When the wheels come of the boagy they will do in spectacular style just as they did at Hearts and Kilmarnock.

Being a failure in the premiership doesn't mean that the same will happen in this league. The difference in standard is absolutely huge.

Absolutely true. John Baird was pretty good for us IMO but rotten in the Premier League. As far as I know he's doing ok for Falkirk too.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It will go wrong. When the wheels come of the boagy they will do in spectacular style just as they did at Hearts and Kilmarnock.

Were the wheels even on when he was at Kilmarnock? 

Guest Back Post Misses
I can't wait for you to immediately tell us how much of a long ball team we are on Saturday. 

Why would I do that when I have not seen you yet under Locke? If you shell it back to front as under McKinnon then you won't be disappointed. [emoji8]

2 hours ago, Gregor147 said:

Absolutely true. John Baird was pretty good for us IMO but rotten in the Premier League. As far as I know he's doing ok for Falkirk too.

Aye, back in the good old days up until February 2016 he was fantastic for us.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Were the wheels even on when he was at Kilmarnock? 

This is a fair point. Last season Clarke had a poorer PPG than Locke with largely the same players.

Also, it's not unreasonable to think that Locke has found level in the Championship and could still have a decent managerial career.

Archived