Raith v Falkirk.

No I'd not forgotten about them but its not just about a club getting into financial difficulty, that can happen. Falkirk were in provisional liquidation in the late 90's but we paid every penny back. I'd limited my shortened list to the biggest cheats. Rangers went bust, Livie have gone into admin  twice, as have Dundee. Hearts and Dunfermline got off with ridiculous creditors agreements which meant paying back virtually hee haw. Motherwell paid back 25p in the pound which although still cheating was a million miles better than Hearts and yourselves and I'm not sure about Morton to be honest. As I said we paid back 100p to the £1 and can hold our heads up high thankfully.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No I'd not forgotten about them but its not just about a club getting into financial difficulty, that can happen. Falkirk were in provisional liquidation in the late 90's but we paid every penny back.

And in 2003 we got told we were cheats for not spending millions on a stadium we couldn't afford and kept down as punishment. 

Laughable how spending fortunes on players you can't afford is seen as not cheating but not spending millions on steel, concrete and plastic like the rest is.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I just think Raith are due a result against us and I think we may lose by the odd goal, wouldn't be surprised if it's by the odd goal in 5 though.

Raith lucked out last season wi the 2-2 draw at Westfield. Time for our luck I reckon.

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No I'd not forgotten about them but its not just about a club getting into financial difficulty, that can happen. Falkirk were in provisional liquidation in the late 90's but we paid every penny back. I'd limited my shortened list to the biggest cheats. Rangers went bust, Livie have gone into admin  twice, as have Dundee. Hearts and Dunfermline got off with ridiculous creditors agreements which meant paying back virtually hee haw. Motherwell paid back 25p in the pound which although still cheating was a million miles better than Hearts and yourselves and I'm not sure about Morton to be honest. As I said we paid back 100p to the £1 and can hold our heads up high thankfully.

u ok ***

47 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

And in 2003 we got told we were cheats for not spending millions on a stadium we couldn't afford and kept down as punishment. 

Laughable how spending fortunes on players you can't afford is seen as not cheating but not spending millions on steel, concrete and plastic like the rest is.

I remember that well, the old boys club really came together there.

Doubt there would have been a similar end result if it had been a less established premier team facing relegation that year.

I genuinely couldn't care less tbh. Hopefully it continues to eat you up from the inside though bbz.

Remember that game, we had all had a few drinks that night but it kind of seemed that the ground was in the middle of nowhere at that time of night with nothing around it, just complete blackness.   Think Scotland was playing the next day and that was the reason for the move?

I remember a few extra pals came along that day (Celtic fan, a boy that played fitba and one that worked Saturday's) and possibly a few others were in the crowd that were like that, that couldn't always make a Saturday game and beefed up the crowd. 

Pretty sure it was the Holland play off game the next day.

Crikey. If they're out, Davidson will play centre back (not ideal in itself) with Joel Coustrain being the only player to have ever played senior football on the bench - and he's made two sub appearances against Alloa and Forfar.

Ideal.

Locke in the Courier today saying that of the 9 injured we'll be doing well if 1 makes it tomorrow. He says M'Voto is likely to miss out so I would guess Stewart might make it.

That would mean our starting 11 would be the same as Dundee United except Davidson in for M'Voto. Our bench would have Stewart, Coustrain, Skacel and maybe Roberts so not too bad apart from the fact we have no defensive options at all.

Archived