Raith v Falkirk.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

This is a fair point. Last season Clarke had a poorer PPG than Locke with largely the same players.

Also, it's not unreasonable to think that Locke has found level in the Championship and could still have a decent managerial career.

Clarke only had to win one tie over 180 minutes.

I do not believe Locke would have kept Kilmarnock up.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Locke has started well, I doubted him very much and the doubt increased when he signed Kevin mchattie. Looked like he was going to do another routine of bringing in ex jambos, raith have had a great start to the season however and that can't be down to luck. They always give us a hard game which I'm looking forward to. Would probably be quite happy with a draw from this but a win would keep the momentum going. Hopefully a big crowd turn up with the cheap tickets on sale as well.

Intae these Fife c***s

39 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Locke has started well, I doubted him very much and the doubt increased when he signed Kevin mchattie. Looked like he was going to do another routine of bringing in ex jambos, raith have had a great start to the season however and that can't be down to luck. They always give us a hard game which I'm looking forward to. Would probably be quite happy with a draw from this but a win would keep the momentum going. Hopefully a big crowd turn up with the cheap tickets on sale as well.

Intae these Fife c***s

Just remove the last line and that could have come from either set of fans :)

Locke wasn't a popular choice as far as I know (unless you count rival fans who took great delight in the potential disaster we'd appointed) but we're more than happy to be proved wrong and long may it continue.

Locke has started very well but it's far too early to say whether he'll be a success or failure. After a mediocre first season, Grant Murray took a Rovers side unbeaten into November and topped the table at Christmas, earning a new two year deal in the process. In May we finished 8th, above 9th place on goal difference.

Would be good to see the run continue though to keep the positivity going...anybody know the latest on our injury situation? Would be good to see Cuthbert back in goal. Jason Thomson comes back from suspension and it seems Jordan Thompson has come back from NI duty unscathed. We know Barr, Robertson and Lennox will be out, which leaves (I think) Osei, Johnston and Roberts who haven't been seen in recent weeks?

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Locke has started very well but it's far too early to say whether he'll be a success or failure. After a mediocre first season, Grant Murray took a Rovers side unbeaten into November and topped the table at Christmas, earning a new two year deal in the process. In May we finished 8th, above 9th place on goal difference.

Would be good to see the run continue though to keep the positivity going...anybody know the latest on our injury situation? Would be good to see Cuthbert back in goal. Jason Thomson comes back from suspension and it seems Jordan Thompson has come back from NI duty unscathed. We know Barr, Robertson and Lennox will be out, which leaves (I think) Osei, Johnston and Roberts who haven't been seen in recent weeks?

Yaw was in the stand at the development game on Tuesday and was moving without any apparent problem, whether he is match fit is another story.

I heard from my Rover's supporting mate in high school that they absolutely hate Falkirk, is there any air of truth to this or is it just nonsense?

Always thought it would be a love-in between two teams whose existence is defined by hating Dunfermline tbh.

17 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I heard from my Rover's supporting mate in high school that they absolutely hate Falkirk, is there any air of truth to this or is it just nonsense?

Always thought it would be a love-in between two teams whose existence is defined by hating Dunfermline tbh.

My girlfriend stays in Falkirk. Genuinely don't care for them or their fans, albeit I can't stand Tony Christie due to them having it from some unknown reason as their celebration music whenever. 

What does amuse me is when folk from Falkirk try to sneer down at people from Fife. A walk past the Howgate and the town centre is like a mirror image of the Mercat in Kirkcaldy. 

It might've been a decent fixture 15 years ago, before Brockville was demolished, but since they went to the top flight, and since they've came back, it's more than a bit 'meh'. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Just out of curiosity but why is it Falkirk have a huge dislike towards Fifers? Preferably answers that aren't just "well....it's...lolz...Fife m9"

It's Fife is enough for many.

Fife's reputation is lower than you'd imagine pretty much everywhere in the country, you should've heard the steward at the Forfar game getting stuck into "thae Fifers" when he thought there weren't any around to hear him. If he'd said it any of it about a race in particular rather than just a region he'd be out of a job.

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Just out of curiosity but why is it Falkirk have a huge dislike towards Fifers? Preferably answers that aren't just "well....it's...lolz...Fife m9"

I think the Fifers thing is simply because Dunfermline are in Fife so it's an extension of the dislike of them (something I've personally never particularly subscribed to.) The dislike of Dunfermline is apparently something to do with miners (I think) not supporting striking men from the Falkirk area many years ago. This may well, of course, be a lot of pish! 

I think the Fifers thing is simply because Dunfermline are in Fife so it's an extension of the dislike of them (something I've personally never particularly subscribed to.) The dislike of Dunfermline is apparently something to do with miners (I think) not supporting striking men from the Falkirk area many years ago. This may well, of course, be a lot of pish! 

I don't think it's because of the miners because John Martin gets a hard time from us because he scabbed. I heard it began with ice hockey rivalry (this could also be pish).

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Anything that blames Dunfermline suits me :)

Why Killie?

Just their general sucking of the OF's chode?

It possibly stems from when we were both challenging for Division 1 back in 92/93. Killie seemed to be the media darlings and got most of the attention. This was probably because they had a lot of ex Rangers and Celtic players. We beat them to the title by a mile although they haven't been relegated since that promotion to be fair.

Plus I knew a few Killie fans at university. One of them was always trying to points score. I remember he said "Who makes your strip?" (Pointing at his Killie strip and nodding as though he'd got one over on me) "we're Le Coq Sportif mate". Ha ha what a knob.

7 minutes ago, mr mince said:

It's Fife is enough for many.

Fife's reputation is lower than you'd imagine pretty much everywhere in the country, you should've heard the steward at the Forfar game getting stuck into "thae Fifers" when he thought there weren't any around to hear him. If he'd said it any of it about a race in particular rather than just a region he'd be out of a job.

Weirdly enough I was up in Plockton (couldn't get much further away from Fife) last weekend when one of the locals asked where we were from. 'Oh, that's ok then, as long as you're no fae fuckin Fife'! :lol:

7 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

I don't think it's because of the miners because John Martin gets a hard time from us because he scabbed. I heard it began with ice hockey rivalry (this could also be pish).

I'm not talking about those miners strikes. This was way way back, like early 1900's maybe?

Archived