Raith v Falkirk.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can keep progressing as per last two weeks but would settle for a point tbh. Raith started well but no sure how good they actually are. Pretty sure team will be much same as last week's starting line up with Leahy and Rogers returning.  Keep playing Hippolyte week in week out he can provide width chances and trickery just needs to keep the heed up.We have options on the bench also but don't want to be chasing the game away from home again.

Locke has started very well but it's far too early to say whether he'll be a success or failure. After a mediocre first season, Grant Murray took a Rovers side unbeaten into November and topped the table at Christmas, earning a new two year deal in the process. In May we finished 8th, above 9th place on goal difference.

Would be good to see the run continue though to keep the positivity going...anybody know the latest on our injury situation? Would be good to see Cuthbert back in goal. Jason Thomson comes back from suspension and it seems Jordan Thompson has come back from NI duty unscathed. We know Barr, Robertson and Lennox will be out, which leaves (I think) Osei, Johnston and Roberts who haven't been seen in recent weeks?

Stewart and M'Voto have picked up injuries and appear to be doubts. It doesn't sound like any of our other injuries will have cleared by Saturday.

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Talking about the pars in a scum vs scum thread. Minter.

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

I heard from my Rover's supporting mate in high school that they absolutely hate Falkirk, is there any air of truth to this or is it just nonsense?

Always thought it would be a love-in between two teams whose existence is defined by hating Dunfermline tbh.

Minter indeed.

35 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Can't we all just dislike Ayr and Morton instead? 

Rovers v Falkirk rivalry was more a 90s thing I always thought. Some tasty games at Brockville. Wish Falkirk stayed there. Some atmosphere. 

I've never forgotten our demolition at brockville after Connor had announced he was leaving, one of only a few games I've left before the whistle.

I've got to say the zero pence in the pound brigade are top of my hit list these days. The cheat clubs like hearts,the pars, Dundee, livi and sevco. Those that spend money to Lord it over the rest in a league. Money they can't actually afford and then get begging bowls out before renagin on most of the cash they owe. Shouldn't be allowed as it gives these clubs an unfair advantage on the decent ones. 

Raith-Falkirk games were a big game in the 90s to early 2000s but to me that's fizzled out now. Still just above Livi and Ayr on the kunty list. No as bad as the naughty cheats from east end though. 

Anyway, bugger that nonsense. 3-1 on Saturday, McManus, Vaughan and Rudi for the goals. Chris Waddle to get theirs.  

24 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Raith-Falkirk games were a big game in the 90s to early 2000s but to me that's fizzled out now. Still just above Livi and Ayr on the kunty list. No as bad as the naughty cheats from east end though. 

Anyway, bugger that nonsense. 3-1 on Saturday, McManus, Vaughan and Rudi for the goals. Chris Waddle to get theirs.  

Aye our ochilview season 2003/04, Raith had the biggest away league support of the season on a Friday night with over 900 and us winning 3-2

Only 5 teams remain in the championship from that season, whatever happened to Inverness, Ross County, Clyde, St Johnstone and Brechin  

ffc v raith.jpg

Remember that game, we had all had a few drinks that night but it kind of seemed that the ground was in the middle of nowhere at that time of night with nothing around it, just complete blackness.   Think Scotland was playing the next day and that was the reason for the move?

I remember a few extra pals came along that day (Celtic fan, a boy that played fitba and one that worked Saturday's) and possibly a few others were in the crowd that were like that, that couldn't always make a Saturday game and beefed up the crowd. 

Stewart and M'Voto have picked up injuries and appear to be doubts. It doesn't sound like any of our other injuries will have cleared by Saturday.

Crikey. If they're out, Davidson will play centre back (not ideal in itself) with Joel Coustrain being the only player to have ever played senior football on the bench - and he's made two sub appearances against Alloa and Forfar.

Ideal.

I've got to say the zero pence in the pound brigade are top of my hit list these days. The cheat clubs like hearts,the pars, Dundee, livi and sevco. Those that spend money to Lord it over the rest in a league. Money they can't actually afford and then get begging bowls out before renagin on most of the cash they owe. Shouldn't be allowed as it gives these clubs an unfair advantage on the decent ones. 

Morton and Motherwell have also went through admin, just so happens that people seem to forget and move on after a while :)

Archived