Raith v Falkirk.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a couple of years in the mid-late 90's there was quite a few tasty Falkirk v Raith Rovers games always well attended and there was a bit of an edge. I remember that the Raith Chairman was very outspoken in the press about Falkirk saying they shouldn't be eligible for the compensation payment to the second placed team for losing a promotion/playoff place. There was one game at Brockville that Falkirk won that all but confirmed Falkirk would get that payment, it was quite a bad tempered game if I remember it correctly and Raith had a great away support that day, they usually did have a big away support at Falkirk back then. 

We do have a few Rovers fans who hate Dunfermline more than they love the Rovers for some strange reason. Wee Sandy and Wullie McNaught to name a couple.

I honestly couldn't care less what happened to them. They could go and hammer Rangers/Aberdeen in the Scottish cup this season, or get hammered 0-9 at home to Ayr and there would be no difference in my reaction to either result..

4 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

For a couple of years in the mid-late 90's there was quite a few tasty Falkirk v Raith Rovers games always well attended and there was a bit of an edge. I remember that the Raith Chairman was very outspoken in the press about Falkirk saying they shouldn't be eligible for the compensation payment to the second placed team for losing a promotion/playoff place. There was one game at Brockville that Falkirk won that all but confirmed Falkirk would get that payment, it was quite a bad tempered game if I remember it correctly and Raith had a great away support that day, they usually did have a big away support at Falkirk back then. 

Was that the game with the inflatable seats? No Seats, No SPL

(I'm sure Falkirk fans retorted with Shite Team, No SPL)

Brockville was awesome. Genuinely feel sorry for younger fans who never experienced that kind of ground and atmosphere.

Archived