Irn Bru Cup Round 4

LoonsYouthTeam

1 hour ago, Clayhole Blue said:

They'd probably be cheaper driving down and going over as a foot passenger with Stena to Belfast - Crusaders are right in the city centre.

Yes you can go on foot. Train from Larne Harbour to Yorkgate. Go out of station and turn right away from city centre. It's about half a mile away.

If going by stena. Book it by short stay trip. Costs £150 For car plus 2 or 3.

Works out a lot cheaper than ordinary return.

It's a 30 hour ticket so you can even stay over and go back next day that way.

Not a lot of people know that!

If you go on foot with Stena you will need to get a taxi to your hotel, Belfast or the match.

£10 would cover it.

P&O don't seem to do those extended day trips with the car.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I found the Bala v Alloa and Forfar v TNS ties quite funny. Not sure these are the kind of match-ups they were envisaging...

TNS should dispose of Forfar if they take it seriously - but Bala aren't the of the same calibre and are currently bottom half in the Welsh PL so Alloa will have a chance. I'm presuming S4C's Saturday teatime game will be that one given it's local to them and TNS are the biggest names in Welsh football, as opposed to them trailing up to Station Park. Possibly PremierSports will take QotS-Linfield - and Alba take Hibs-St Mirren?

From a Hibs perspective I'll be interested to see if Lennon cares enough about the trophy or tougher opposition to send out the first XI, or fields plenty U20s and fringemen as v Turriff.

15 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Yes you can go on foot. Train from Larne Harbour to Yorkgate. Go out of station and turn right away from city centre. It's about half a mile away.

If going by stena. Book it by short stay trip. Costs £150 For car plus 2 or 3.

Works out a lot cheaper than ordinary return.

It's a 30 hour ticket so you can even stay over and go back next day that way.

Not a lot of people know that!

I understand your going for a wee trip and plan to take the football in on the side, which is great. I go over to see Falkirk in southern Ireland when they play pre-season and take the bike, I do a wee tour of NI and Ireland. I quite enjoy it, the football gets in the way almost. But if your a wasps or livi fan you must be sitting there fucked off.

I find myself in the position where none of my mates go anymore unless its a big game. I drive to 99% of them on my own, I suspect there will be a few fans from the clubs that are in the same position that wont see change from £300 for a Ramsdens cup match.

Great if you are a regular on a bus and can get a few to go, but with these clubs and todays travelling support numbers you'd be lucky if one supporters bus runs. I'm not having a go at alloa or livi, I sympathise with them. Its a shit, shit idea in a shit cup. I'm not proposing this, but at least if it was the Scottish cup you'd be up for it. No one actually cares about the alba cup.

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

A fucking costly day for the bells cup. 

48 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's not been called that for over a decade!

Mind you, I still sometimes refer to it as the B&Q Centenary Cup. 

6 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

I suspect there will be a few fans from the clubs that are in the same position that wont see change from £300 for a Ramsdens cup match.

No one actually cares about the alba cup.

This is getting like memory lane.

"Petrofac Training Cup", anyone?

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Trying to think of the last time we are at Dunfermline. League Cup tie in our championship season 99/2000?

Also got a ticket for the Lithuania game so should get back in time

Think you're right. Modest 4-0 win for The Pars, hopefully do better this time. Another good test for the lads.

Old Scotland and New Scotland on the same day? Epic.

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

I will take Ayr away. 

I've just looked at the NI travel implications for livi. Cheapest ferry for one car is £200, then a 300 mile round trip. A fucking costly day for the bells cup.

If you fly your at least a £100, then parking, then hire a car, oh and you cant get a flight back that night that wont mean you miss most of the game. 

Alloa at least only have a 6 hour drive. 

Fucking ridiculous. I'd be excited if it was a euro game or a cup of a higher standard but Livi and Alloa arent the best travelled teams you'll be lucky to get 20 going. 

Flights to Belfast £80 return

£40-70 accommodation 

Food & Drink £50-£60 atleast.

Match ticket - £10-£15 

minimum £200 to watch my team in this monstrosity of a competition. 

Like you say if it was a European game then I'd be a lot more enthusiastic but I'm struggling with this one.

10 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

£40-70 accommodation 

Match ticket - £10-£15 

Like you say if it was a European game then I'd be a lot more enthusiastic but I'm struggling with this one.

I see clubs are getting 4k travel for this, now I suspect Alloa will be able to do theirs for that, but id be struggling with Livi.

I don't see anyone helping out the fans for this.

We've sold out the shitest competition going for some free water from Barrs and an extra £500 a round.

Tbf ive found stennaline leaving 11:30am arriving at 13:45pm and a returning ferry at 7:30pm as a foot passenger for £25 which is pretty good although a very long day, but an option.

Thats only if it's a Saturday mind you.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Of the teams in the hat you couldn't figure out who the QoS posters were talking about? :huh:

I actually forgot who Broony supported (my bad that 1)

I may be reading it wrong but it seems SD didn't know who the "cretins" were either.

To be honest I'm pissed off they've mucked about with this competition because I always liked it. By mucking about I mean the U20 disaster area, and to a much lesser extent the foreign entrants.

This competition gave wee clubs a chance to play different opponents, a decent chance of getting to a final/winning something, some great memories etc. We've won it four times and I loved every one. If clubs thought nothing of it then it would have been scrapped years ago.

All the frantic mewling about "nobody cares, it's a shit competition, I want us to lose waaaah" is absolutely pathetic. If you don't care: stop commenting on the fact and telling us all so many times how little you care. It stinks of a snooty attitude of "who can appear the least interested".

30 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

£40-70 accommodation 

Match ticket - £10-£15 

Nothing like a sense of adventure.

Rather be pumped out by a team you play 4 times a year already?

Nothing like a sense of adventure.

Rather be pumped out by a team you play 4 times a year already?

I'd rather be pumped out by Stranraer than fork out 200 quid to watch us lose in Northen Ireland. Nae sense of adventure or nae money.

Mixture of both to be fair.

I actually forgot who Broony supported (my bad that 1)

I may be reading it wrong but it seems SD didn't know who the "cretins" were either.

Ah, apologies, I wasn't aware you meant both teams. I just assumed you knew who Broony supported :lol:

I maintain my shock at you not knowing who the opponent was though. Given that the OF weren't in it I knew it had to be the team most associated with either of them. I'm am shocked with SD as well so that can't be used as your defence. But I made an earlier balls up so I'd say that's 1-1 :lol:

Archived