Clyde vs Arbroath

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too many careers being ruined on these pitches. How often were cruitiates were damaged before these plastic jokes?

Just as often, it's a poor excuse that has been reeled off time and time again. For every player who is injured after a game on astro, there's another who is injured on a rock hard, slippery or muddy pitch. It seems to be any injury on grass is unfortunate, whereas an injury on astroturf raises questions.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Aye your right. Fumin before typing

Astro/Bayview both Fuckin shite

Easton is Box Office. Wont see a player like that again should he move on end o season

Said it last night re Lowden. Will we EVER get a some luck..!!

Oh dear. Fingers engaging before tiny brain eh?

FWIT East Fife won best playing surface in Scottish football not so long ago. And we do own our own stadium.

Easy to see why Jamesy is top dog down here.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

An absolutely baffling decision that one, especially considering we had an attack minded left back on the bench who has created several goals so far this year. While chasing the game we played with 4 centre backs which meant we never properly took advantage of the space out wide and really stretched Clyde. We created very little today, and a double sub of the two strikers was a poor choice in my opinion, our main problem was creating chances and I think we should have been making the changes in the middle of the park or in the full back areas. I think there were several players who should have been playing different roles from the ones they did today, and I definitely think we made the wrong substitutions. We have an excellent squad but we need to utilise them properly to get results and today we didn't.

Regarding Dylan Easton - anyone who genuinely wants to see another player get a serious injury is a bit of an arsehole, but Dylan is the ultimate boy who cried wolf. No-one can expect any Arbroath fan to take seeing him on the ground in 'agony' as anything other than the same old usual shite we've come to expect from him. He's obviously a very talented player but his insistence on cheating is embarrassing, there's no need for him to do it considering he can walk past most full backs in this division with ease. I sincerely hope his injury isn't a bad one, but the ironic cheers when the stretcher came on for him were perfectly justified. 

I hope the Club 58 idea works for Clyde - seemed a smallish uptake today but if they can get a good few dozen regulars up there pre match it should be a success - the idea of sitting about watching the early kick offs with a carry out proved to be an excellent choice, it was good to be in surroundings where not one person cheered the goals in the Old Firm game. The highlight was definitely made by a large steward attempting to sit on a table and promptly falling through it, resulting in all 4 table legs flying in different directions :D

Finally big ups to yer man on the PA who appears to have found Clubland Classics down the back of his couch. It's very difficult to be angry at conceding a goal when Scooter are blaring with H.P Baxxter screaming 'HOW MUCH IS THE FISH?!'. I have taken note, and shall definitely pack a few swedgers for the half time tunage on our next visit to Broadwood.

SimonLitchtie next time Arbroath are in town

Trying to stay postive but all news from club physio to a few others not good...

4 Games watching Easton in a clyde shirt will always live with me should today be the last game we saw him,Very Cruel...

Close control and the way he glides past players effortless was a joy to watch and wish him the very best in his recovery...

Eastons on Fire[emoji22]

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Too many careers being ruined on these pitches. How often were cruitiates were damaged before these plastic jokes?

The fact that you have to ask strongly suggests you are making your point up.  Cruciate injuries have been ruining careers for decades, long before plastic came along.  Try googling the research and come back with more concrete evidence.

I would suggest they are happening more often now on plastic pitches because there ARE more plastic pitches being used. 

1 serious knee injury for a Forfar player in the years the G3 has been down and that wasn't a classic "plastic pitch twisting" injury but a forward lunge on a knee that hadn't repaired properly from a non-cruciate knee related injury.

We have 4 squad players with cruciate injuries. Fergie is just back, grass pitch. JP, grass pitch. Lowden, plastic and Easton, plastic.

So 50%, just as likely on one as the other.

Really fear about Easton he's been exciting to watch and there's a chance we won't again with a injury like that

8 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

We have 4 squad players with cruciate injuries. Fergie is just back, grass pitch. JP, grass pitch. Lowden, plastic and Easton, plastic.

So 50%, just as likely on one as the other.

Really fear about Easton he's been exciting to watch and there's a chance we won't again with a injury like that

I will wait and see until we get confirmation on Easton, but that's a horrible injury record over the course of 9 months. There's nothing we can do but move on but it is really frustrating looking at that.

5 hours ago, David W said:

We didn't defend well against Linn but I'm struggling to remember much threat from Kader against McNiff on the left.

I thought both of our centre halves were excellent today, one daft foul by McNeil aside. 

If a player such as Linn or Easton gets left one-on-one with a player, they will get the better of them 9 times out of 10. How you deal with them is by controlling the space around them; around the outside or centrally.

There doesn't have to be a winger reaching the line for there to be a problem. There only had to be an obvious pocket of space for a Doris, a Scott, a Linn... Whoever. There were plenty of occasions on which that pocket of space behind McNiff was the place from which Arbroath began an attack or to which they switched it with ease. You mentioned McLaughlin being preoccupied with Scott. His preoccupation wasn't decided in advance of the game kicking off. It was a direct consequence of the huge space on our left hand side and between the midfield and defensive lines generally. One would normally look to McLaughlin to make the job of our right back or right wing-back easier. Especially on a day like today with Linn on the pitch. The reason Flynn or Easton often wound up over there is because, as you imply, McLaughlin was busy fire fighting elsewhere. Had McLaughlin been offering Johnston - I'd have preferred McNeil - security close-by, we would've fared better.

"Excellent" is just plain weird as a rating of how Smith and McNeil got on. Clearly I've no hope of correcting your view though. It's becoming increasingly clear that you're resolved to tolerate quite a lot from the players we've got at the back.

As for your latter comment (above). Well, we're all obliged to you, I'm sure. Nobody reading this thread knew that it was difficult to go one-on-one with a whippet of course. Here's what matters: Barry Ferguson to referred to Phil Johnston as "mah right back" long before today. Useful as his pace may be, a right back he is not. This player reinvention patter must stop.

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

The fact that you have to ask strongly suggests you are making your point up.  Cruciate injuries have been ruining careers for decades, long before plastic came along.  Try googling the research and come back with more concrete evidence.

I would suggest they are happening more often now on plastic pitches because there ARE more plastic pitches being used. 

1 serious knee injury for a Forfar player in the years the G3 has been down and that wasn't a classic "plastic pitch twisting" injury but a forward lunge on a knee that hadn't repaired properly from a non-cruciate knee related injury.

You try googling research and you'll find out soon enough. Why aren't the world's best players allowed to play on plastic?

Oh there is such a thing as a " classic plastic pitch twisting " injury! Well I never.

Not that Forfar have a plastic bag pitch eh?

Archived