Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The best thing about Brexit being cancelled would not be the extra security, stronger pound, freedom of movement or even the many jobs that would be saved. Nope.

The best thing about Brexit being cancelled would be this chap's reaction.

https://twitter.com/WantEnglandBack

Is that reynards english cousin??

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I voted remain but I think it's pretty rotten if the people of the UK voted to leave the EU and the elected MPs were to go against that.

Why?  Whoever thought a straw poll would be binding is an utter fandan and doesn't understand the essence of parliamentary democracy.

Do you think we should have another referendum on the deal?

I don't mind either way to be honest. I have stated many times that I am against the political integration and would vote to leave regardless.

I am not sure that people that have other agendas are likely to be swayed by tales of poverty and deprivation when they look at their lives at the moment and see "them foreigners" as the problem.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Which law are we speaking about specifically? The UK constitution is in and of itself nonsensical.

Not as nonsensical as this post.  The UK Constitution is pretty clear and coherent and has at its heart the primacy of parliament.

How is this even contestable?

The UK constitution is not nonsensical. It is designed to suit the Government of the day.

Now we have souter going against the snp. The wise men of Germany begging Merkle to prevent Brexit or at least to minimise any damage to the UK and EU. Looks like it's all going schilzuaugen.

But surely it's nonsensical to start the process if there is absolutely no information on the deal? The two are (or should be) intrinsically linked.

Well the EU have stated that there can be no negotiation until Article 50 is invoked. In negotiating terms, you do not begin with public proclamations of where you can draw lines.

It beggars belief that MPs want a say in the triggering of article 50 given that it is the equivalent of opening the interconnecting door between the UK and EU negotiating teams.

Not as nonsensical as this post.  The UK Constitution is pretty clear and coherent and has at its heart the primacy of parliament.

Is it. So coherent that there wasn't any formal procedures for the formation of a coalition government???

As I have already stated, Parliament has already agreed to the adoption of the Lisbon Treaty, including the method for triggering the exit. There will have to be laws formulated to extracate the UK from the EU. It is then that Parliament should be involved.

48 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Check the Declaration of Arbroath.  England may have signed up to the supremacy of Parliament but Scotland surely didn't.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're confusing constitution with polity.  I am not amazed.

Possibly.  However since there is no codified constitution in the UK, you will be hard pressed to show that it is pretty clear and coherent.  Perhaps you can teach me the extend to which the Royal Prerogative can be used and which Act(s) of Parliament defines this.

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

Possibly.  However since there is no codified constitution in the UK, you will be hard pressed to show that it is pretty clear and coherent.  

The guts of our constitution is transparent and has been since 1689 when it was declared that parliament is sovereign and everything else is habit.

I am astonished that you even try to quibble this.

Edited by The_Kincardine