Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Big Rider said:

This has me thinking of the map Spitting Image did years ago where Britain was massive and other countries around the world were referred to as Bongo-Bongo Land, Dago Town etc. I'm sure the Daily Heil could replicate it for their next giveaway.

This one

V6JVxUs.jpg

It needs updating, or does it

Edited as I found a higher Res image

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

14 minutes ago, strichener said:

Yes duh.  Invoking article 50 changes not a single existing law.  None.

It gives irrevocable 2 years notice that all EU treaties are to be revoked subject to any further agreement. What part of this are you struggling with?

29 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

A decision reached by British judges in a British court using British law. I'd have thought the Brexiteers would be pleased. 

I hope Gina Miller is taking adequate security precautions.

There was a caller on LBC wondering how she sleeps at night  for being so evil.

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This further delay is fantastic for the Yes movement. Means indy 2 can probably be put out for a yr; tick tock. An extra harsh winter

Have you shat it now too John after calling out those who didn't want another independence rerun three weeks on Tuesday? 

11 hours ago, ayrmad said:

That's just such a ridiculous headline, do the Daily Mail want judges to ignore the law when they're making decisions.

That's a very important point; in fact that is THE important point.  It's easy just to make fun of the Daily Heil but what they are clearly proposing with that headline is that judges should take decisions based upon political factors rather than their interpretation of the law.  That is a pretty dangerous position to be advocating.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

That's a very important point; in fact that is THE important point.  It's easy just to make fun of the Daily Heil but what they are clearly proposing with that headline is that judges should take decisions based upon political factors rather than their interpretation of the law.  That is a pretty dangerous position to be advocating.

They'd probably carry over half the English electorate with that position.

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

They'd probably carry over half the English electorate with that position.

It is a position that some folk will advocate so long as they agree with the political view that is being supported.  If you asked people the question "Should judges base their decisions on (a) political factors or (b) their interpretation of the law?" you would get near universal support for (b) IMO.

It's not just the English newspapers and their media at large, these racist right wing views are now ingrained in the English mentality. This isn't going to change anytime soon. In fact I can only see it getting worse!

Scotland, we need out now! 

3 hours ago, Big Rider said:

This has me thinking of the map Spitting Image did years ago where Britain was massive and other countries around the world were referred to as Bongo-Bongo Land, Dago Town etc. I'm sure the Daily Heil could replicate it for their next giveaway.

tory_atlas_250w.jpg

Edited by SlipperyP
sorry didn't see the post before. Also no Ireland on the map HaHa

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It is a position that some folk will advocate so long as they agree with the political view that is being supported.  If you asked people the question "Should judges base their decisions on (a) political factors or (b) their interpretation of the law?" you would get near universal support for (b) IMO.

When it suits.