Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

41 minutes ago, Crusader Knight said:

Can Scotland, NI and Eire not form a new country,  and remain in Europe?

Scotland break from from the 'Auld Enemy' south of the border ...

NI gets to remain 'British' ...

Eire sees her lands and people 're-united' ...

Fling in Newcastle (I like the place, just can't stand the Toon Army) and I'm sold.

From the little I know of politics in Northern Ireland, the DUP seem the most mental of the lot. Yet to hear or see a jovial DUP member. Ian Paisley Jr seems the most reasonable, but if you fancy a laugh check out Edwin Poots on Youtube. A perma-seethe.

Wonder how disappointed PULs are when they go to the 'mainland' and find most people think they are Irish and not British nor have a scoob that they are a part of the UK.

Quite ironic really that the DUP creaming for Brexit has no doubt brought the prospect of a united Ireland closer than it was a year ago.

Edited by Kejan

34 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Quite ironic really that the DUP creaming for Brexit has no doubt brought the prospect of a united Ireland closer than it was a year ago.

Whatever one side goes for in NI the other side tends to opt for the other, usually as 'par for the course', almost without thinking.

If it's good for them, then it must be bad for us .....

A 'Star of David' is flown on one side, a Palestinian flag pops up on the other. LGBT rights on one side, Christian view point on the other. The Taoiseach spells out dangers of NI leaving the EU, Dup support Brexit ....

Edited by Crusader Knight

24 minutes ago, Crusader Knight said:

Whatever one side goes for in NI the other side tends to opt for the other, usually as 'par for the course', almost without thinking.

If it's good for them, then it must be bad for us .....

A 'Star of David' is flown on one side, a Palestinian flag pops up on the other. LGBT rights on one side, Christian view point on the other. The Taoiseach spells out dangers of NI leaving the EU, Dup support Brexit ....

That's the Old Firm you're thinking of, dude.

ETA - yeah, yeah, I know, same thing.

Edited by Boghead ranter

6 minutes ago, Crusader Knight said:

I'm no expert by a long shot but isn't a main arguement of an indy Scotland the population size, too small to make it as a functioning country? Add 7 million (island of Ireland) to Scotland's 5 and you've a pop bigger than that of Belgium.

Plus, all the the Guiness you can drink ..... ;)

There's a good few functioning countries with less people than Scotland

An independent Scotland would be 19th biggest by population out of 28 EU states Behind Finland & Slovakia.

If the Republic absorbed Northern Ireland it would overtake us and push us down to 21st

2 hours ago, Kejan said:

From the little I know of politics in Northern Ireland, the DUP seem the most mental of the lot. Yet to hear or see a jovial DUP member. Ian Paisley Jr seems the most reasonable, but if you fancy a laugh check out Edwin Poots on Youtube. A perma-seethe.

Wonder how disappointed PULs are when they go to the 'mainland' and find most people think they are Irish and not British nor have a scoob that they are a part of the UK.

When Ian Paisley Jr. is your most reasonable frontline representative, that's when you know your party is just fucking mental. 

26 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Parallel talks for a trade deal that may had in her letter already rejected 

Less than 5 hours into the process and one of the key planks, getting trade deals at the same time as negotiating the divorce, is in tatters. 

A predictable shambles, deliberately engineered to sow grievance so when we walk out then crash out and turn into a wet and shitty Singapore, teamEmpire 2.0 can blame the EU.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, f**k this union. It is governed exclusively by c***s, for c***s.

Edited by williemillersmoustache
Cheers Dirty :)

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Less than 5 hours into the process and one of the key planks, getting trade deals at the same time as negotiating the divorce, is in tatters. 

A predictable shambles, deliberately engineered to sow grievance so when we walk out then crash out and turn into a wet and shitty Singapore, teamEmpire 2.0 can blame the EU.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, f**k this country. It is governed exclusively by c***s, for c***s.

and elected by c**ts :)

12 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, f**k this UNION. It is governed exclusively by c***s, for c***s.

Fixed, don't believe their propaganda pish.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, f**k this country. It is governed exclusively by c***s, for c***s.

Bit harsh talking about Scotland like that.