Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 5/4/2017 at 15:21, Zetterlund said:

Isn't it weird how many things that were totally acceptable in 2014 are now totally unacceptable.

On 5/4/2017 at 07:37, McSpreader said:

Apart from Yourself, Fidiot, Cream Cheese, mjw, Wee Willie and several others...... Obviously bothers you somewhat !

i think I'll have made it on PnB when I can get on a list like this.

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

Genuine question: what is actually in it for the UK to have no deal / a hard brexit. What is the strength of this position for us regarding the eu?

I think your genuine question is dependant on the assumption that this current UK government actually gives a shit about it's citizens.

On 04/05/2017 at 07:37, McSpreader said:

I

Apart from Yourself, Fidiot, Cream Cheese, mjw, Wee Willie and several others...... Obviously bothers you somewhat !

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

i think I'll have made it on PnB when I can get on a list like this.

Welcome tae the club when it happens :lol:

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Oh it's mcminter again

Been away..... Some of us have a life y'know!

I ony came back due to another unwarranted and unqualified dig from mjw

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Moaning about punctuation in a reply where he can barely figure out how many times to use the space bar button between words.

It's a stlye thing....... It's what I do. It adds emphasis and gravitas......... See what I mean?!

Edited by McSpreader

18 hours ago, madwullie said:

Genuine question: what is actually in it for the UK to have no deal / a hard brexit. What is the strength of this position for us regarding the eu?

Don't know the ins and outs but May has been leaning towards offering tax cuts to businesses to come and set up in the UK. A bargain basement economy as you may have heard Jeremy Corbyn call it.

19 hours ago, madwullie said:

Basically it keeps the fanatical Brexiter quiet.

If, for example, we reached a deal on teabags - there would be howls of protest.

"What - this is outrageous.  We voted out, and that means out - and that includes teabags.  How dare they impose rules and regulations on us drinking tea.  We have been drinking tea for centuries and don't need them to tell us what for about teabags.  This is the thin edge of the wedge and before you know it we will be right back where we started.  It's time the UK government stood up for the British people and told those interfering EU people to f*** off."

Similarly for everything else.

Barely 24 hours after he won the election, Tories now dishing out the threats to Macron.

http://talkradio.co.uk/news/iain-duncan-smith-warns-emmanuel-macron-french-people-will-suffer-if-you-take-hardline-brexit

Speaking to Julia Hartley-Brewer, Duncan Smith told the French president-elect: "If you want to put French workers out of work, who rely on exports to the UK, the quickest thing you can to do is make this a drama.

"If, however, you want French workers to do well... you want to come to some kind of deal to allow them access to our markets."

When Julia asked if that was a threat of a promise, the former cabinet minister responded that Macron's attitude to Brexit was an "absolute threat" to his country.

Barely 24 hours after he won the election, Tories now dishing out the threats to Macron.
http://talkradio.co.uk/news/iain-duncan-smith-warns-emmanuel-macron-french-people-will-suffer-if-you-take-hardline-brexit

Speaking to Julia Hartley-Brewer, Duncan Smith told the French president-elect: "If you want to put French workers out of work, who rely on exports to the UK, the quickest thing you can to do is make this a drama.
"If, however, you want French workers to do well... you want to come to some kind of deal to allow them access to our markets."
When Julia asked if that was a threat of a promise, the former cabinet minister responded that Macron's attitude to Brexit was an "absolute threat" to his country.

I despair, a small part of me wants a hard Brexit.
It might shut the faces of the UKIP fraternity, but I doubt it.
I think whatever the final deal, the UK will suffer massively, financially, culturally & politically. This will all be put down to Europes hard stance on negotiations, which will further entrench the brainless idiots that voted for it in the first place....
Added to that, if residency in the EU for "Brits" isn't agreed, we will have all the "Saint George", "Crown & Lion", "Berrz & Flute" regulars from the Costa's returning home and polluting society & elections even more vehemently than they do now.
A hard Brexit will hopefully make Indy inevitable, but I fear for the inbetween times.