Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

That's moving jobs, not losing jobs!

You are forgetting about all the jobs that surround these jobs - i.e. all the people who make a living providing goods and services to these people.
They will have a lower income, which in turn will affect the people who provide goods and services to them, and so on and so on.

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The UK

on a weekly basis, based on hastily gathered data divided by 52 and rounded off

You can find a more precise number if you wish but the basic point will still stand.

If EU membership is even vaguely good for GDP Growth then the cost of membership is trivial. If leaving the EU is even vaguely good for growth then saving the cost of membership is an insignificance.

The whole argument about the number on the bus was a gigantic red herring

I didn't realise you meant per week, GDP is usually calculated per annum.

Too late to suddenly care about the hourly paid and the low paid.
It's because they have been ignored and sidelined, disparaged and denied over the past 15 years that we had Brexit.
At least the penny has dropped that it's not all about extra privileges for the middle classes and their children; That the  lower paid , lower skilled  those with lower expectations matter....... Farage seemed to understand that more than any other politician of his time.

Aye no point me worrying about the hourly paid when I get paid hourly.
And before you fire in with any bollocks about cheap foreign labour, the biggest threat now is automation and guess what?
We import most of that.

You are forgetting about all the jobs that surround these jobs - i.e. all the people who make a living providing goods and services to these people.
They will have a lower income, which in turn will affect the people who provide goods and services to them, and so on and so on.

Ah it's fine the Tories will just keep making permanent staff redundant, replace them with three part timers and sit back satisfied at the employment numbers rising.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

There'd be a decrease in the VAT intake if UK staff are relocated too.

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:27, Baxter Parp said:

DGsb5EdWAAA74KS.jpg

What gets me is that nobody is demanding this money and nobody is having their feet held to the fire to ensure this happens.

"We are leaving the EU because that is what the UK majority voted for and we cannot disrespect that vote."

".. but they also voted for an extra £350 million a week towards the NHS!"

"Ho ho.  What idiots!  That is not going to happen."

9 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That's moving jobs, not losing jobs!

Loathe though I am to give you any attention at all, even you - aye even you - will be well aware that moving jobs from one country to another will not result in the people currently holding those jobs being able to retain them. Thus, there will be job opportunities in Ireland as a consequence of those jobs being lost to the UK market. 

And, even in the event that those people do move with the jobs initially, any subsequent recruitment to replace them will be in an EU member state. 

The decision to leave is a clusterfuck of all clusterfucks. Only delusional arseholes would see it otherwise. 

I should add that at least Scotland will mitigate the impacts because we'll f**k off out of the UK. Sensible people in England have my deepest sympathies - I daresay a number will relocate to Scotland though. 

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

What gets me is that nobody is demanding this money and nobody is having their feet held to the fire to ensure this happens.

"We are leaving the EU because that is what the UK majority voted for and we cannot disrespect that vote."

".. but they also voted for an extra £350 million a week towards the NHS!"

"Ho ho.  What idiots!  That is not going to happen."

The recent polls involving Leave voters makes me think the figures on the bus is of even less relevance than before.  People didn't vote Leave to save the country money; they voted Leave because they are xenophobic, and in some cases racist, c***s.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The recent polls involving Leave voters makes me think the figures on the bus is of even less relevance than before.  People didn't vote Leave to save the country money; they voted Leave because they are xenophobic, and in some cases racist, c***s.

Does that include you?

I should add that at least Scotland will mitigate the impacts because we'll f**k off out of the UK. Sensible people in England have my deepest sympathies - I daresay a number will relocate to Scotland though. 

I think the lesson the SNP need to learn from the last election and the Lib Dems is that anti-Brexit as a stance alone won't take them to where they want to be. Marry continued membership of the single market with a social democratic blueprint for a post-independence Scotland and I think they'll scoosh it.

Bank -  "We're moving your job to Frankfurt."
Banker - "I don't want to move to Germany. I can't speak German, I have 3 kids in school and my wife would need significant retraining to even be competitive in the job market."
Bank - "Ah well, what a wee shame. You're finished here but they are looking for strawberry pickers in Shropshire for £5 an hour. You can get the bus outside."

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think the lesson the SNP need to learn from the last election and the Lib Dems is that anti-Brexit as a stance alone won't take them to where they want to be. Marry continued membership of the single market with a social democratic blueprint for a post-independence Scotland and I think they'll scoosh it.

If Labour had included an anti Brexit, at least an anti leaving the single market stance, Corbyn might be PM. I know people think that Corbyn picked up UKIP votes because of his anti EU credentials, but I doubt it was significant.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Bank -  "We're moving your job to Frankfurt."
Banker - "I don't want to move to Germany. I can't speak German, I have 3 kids in school and my wife would need significant retraining to even be competitive in the job market."
Bank - "Ah well, what a wee shame. You're finished here but they are looking for strawberry pickers in Shropshire for £5 an hour. You can get the bus outside."

£7.50 an hour actually.

443735.gif?b64lines=

Yes, I've blocked the resident numpty but someone quoted him saying it didnt count if jobs were moved. Surely anyone with even a basic grasp of economics can figure that if you cut/lose/move/geographically reposition or any other word, then thats a job lost, ie a loss of that salary/tax/subsequent spending and indeed the jobs reliant on that job being there (the cleaner, the coffee shop person et al) all being lost too then its a fucking loss.

As it's bankers we're talking about here, it's the lawyers, coke dealers and high class call girls I fear for. Still, they can always pick fruit too.

1 hour ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Does that include you?

No my vote was not motivated by money, xenophobia or racism.  I explained my rational for voting as I did at the time.  If you're genuinely interested I'm sure you can find the post(s).

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No my vote was not motivated by money, xenophobia or racism.  I explained my rational for voting as I did at the time.  If you're genuinely interested I'm sure you can find the post(s).

Your rationale wasn't rational. ;)

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Loathe though I am to give you any attention at all, even you - aye even you - will be well aware that moving jobs from one country to another will not result in the people currently holding those jobs being able to retain them. Thus, there will be job opportunities in Ireland as a consequence of those jobs being lost to the UK market. 

And, even in the event that those people do move with the jobs initially, any subsequent recruitment to replace them will be in an EU member state. 

The decision to leave is a clusterfuck of all clusterfucks. Only delusional arseholes would see it otherwise. 

We were talking specifically about banking jobs we were not talking about 'jobs' in general and a handful of  those jobs are moving not being lost.  Banking jobs tend to be well paid and the people doing these jobs will be very capable of moving with them. Companies have been moving jobs to Europe for decades, especially factory production jobs ,.......where the f**k were you then when factory production workers were losing their jobs you arse?

This is not the end of civilisation as we know it so stop acting like a precious c*nt