Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Would the EU nations be up for that? After 18 months haggling with the UK? I think if you want to stop it, you have to put the brakes on a wee bit sooner.

Yep, get it voted through Parliament now (the offer of a 2nd Ref on the deal itself), believe the EU members would welcome the decision despite the turmoil of the past 18 months, plus the quiet confidence that we would renege on ‘our’ decision to leave. What credibility does Westminster have left to lose?

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep, get it voted through Parliament now (the offer of a 2nd Ref on the deal itself), believe the EU members would welcome the decision despite the turmoil of the past 18 months, plus the quiet confidence that we would renege on ‘our’ decision to leave. What credibility does Westminster have left to lose?

I don't think it'd work, a rejection of terms is not the same as an acceptance of membership, it simply means we don't like what we're being offered so we'll default to WTO. 

Any reneging on Brexit will require a referendum that specifically says we want to stay in, and probably further negotiation with the EU to halt article 50 (bye, bye rebate)

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've got a friend who did a spell as an intern in Rosindell's constituency office. He described him as an egotistical, racist arsehole, whose private views put him much closer to the BNP than Cameron's Tory party.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

40 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I've got a friend who did a spell as an intern in Rosindell's constituency office. He described him as an egotistical, racist arsehole, whose private views put him much closer to the BNP than Cameron's Tory party.

I imagine the vast majority of Tories are like that, but just hide it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I imagine the vast majority of Tories are like that, but just hide it.

There are a huge percentage of Tories that have always been racist, hate-filled, intolerant bigots.

It's showing more these days because world events have partly kicked open the door to allow them to out their views into the mainstream.

I detest British society.

If there is no free movement of people agreement in place, it'll be fucking hilarious to hear/see the rage of having to pay £20 for a visa to get into a EU nation ; or having to wait with the Yanks and non-Europeans at customs.

Mind when there were long queues at Brussells airport a while back and Schengen countries were given priority. The right-wing rags going wild ''THIS IS WHY WE ARE LEAVING'' ''BRITS WAITING FOUR HOURS''  :lol:

The worrying thing about this Brexit mess, is that seems at least 50% of Scots want to fucking down with the good ship Blighty. A government we haven't voted for ; a referendum we voted massively against ; but nah, we'll hang around like the servile wee dicks we are.