Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The thing is the EU  have maintained the same stance from day one. No deal until the Irish border issue is solved.

The UK think it's a game of poker, brinkmanship, who blinks first!  It's not, the EU won't back down on this at all.

The comments from Tusk today have not even made headlines on the BBC or SKY.  Pure arrogance from the Brits  

Absolutely, all this pish David Davis et al have been spouting about not revealing your hand in an negotiation. We already know your hand! You’ve got f**k all! 

The EU have been consistent all the way along and won’t budge too much in any direction because they hold all the aces. This stuff is bleatingly obvious.

11 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Absolutely, all this pish David Davis et al have been spouting about not revealing your hand in an negotiation. We already know your hand! You’ve got f**k all! 

The EU have been consistent all the way along and won’t budge too much in any direction because they hold all the aces. This stuff is bleatingly obvious.

Plays towards the hard WTO Brexit with a hard border though. Westminster have no way of describing the exact arrangements in Ireland without knowing the arrangements between the UK and the EU. The EU could overplay the Irish hand.

Plays towards the hard WTO Brexit with a hard border though. Westminster have no way of describing the exact arrangements in Ireland without knowing the arrangements between the UK and the EU. The EU could overplay the Irish hand.
Not sure why the UK don't just say we're not having a border ie quite happy for goods and labour to flow both ways. EU will then have to install the border?

35 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure why the UK don't just say we're not having a border ie quite happy for goods and labour to flow both ways. EU will then have to install the border?

I can guarantee that's the absolute plan the cabinet have come up with. I'd assume the EU would just start refusing UK imports elsewhere as a result, or lob a huge tafiff on.

Who knows?

Half listening to the news on Radio Scotland this morning and it sounds like the “leadership” has vetoed a motion on membership of the Single Market at the Scottish Labour conference.

This is the sort of stifling of debate that Corbyn and the Left would have condemned out of hand in years gone by.

Meet the new boss....

Would that be taking back control though ?

Half listening to the news on Radio Scotland this morning and it sounds like the “leadership” has vetoed a motion on membership of the Single Market at the Scottish Labour conference.
This is the sort of stifling of debate that Corbyn and the Left would have condemned out of hand in years gone by.
Meet the new boss....

Seems to be that executive discussions found it pointless since the wreckers (let’s be honest what else are you going to believe Dugdale and Murray are doing) can’t command a majority. The policy is to support Corbyn’s customs union and the SNP’s continuity bill.

16 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Seems to be that executive discussions found it pointless since the wreckers (let’s be honest what else are you going to believe Dugdale and Murray are doing) can’t command a majority. The policy is to support Corbyn’s customs union and the SNP’s continuity bill.

Your not defending this are you?

Your not defending this are you?

I would love for someone that wasn’t a fanny to be pushing for single market membership as much as you but it isn’t happening outside of the SNP. This is just a rerun of Chuka Umunna trying to stroke their own ego unless you seriously think Kezia Dugdale and Ian Murray have the best interests of Scots at heart.

Just now, NotThePars said:

I would love for someone that wasn’t a fanny to be pushing for single market membership as much as you but it isn’t happening outside of the SNP. This is just a rerun of Chuka Umunna trying to stroke their own ego unless you seriously think Kezia Dugdale and Ian Murray have the best interests of Scots at heart.

I was a member of the Labour Party for 20 years, though I left 23 years ago.

The then right wing leaderships used justification like this all the time to stymie debate.

The more things change....

I was a member of the Labour Party for 20 years, though I left 23 years ago.

The then right wing leaderships used justification like this all the time to stymie debate.

The more things change....

Brexit’s ruined your brain old man if you think we ought to start taking Ian Murray and Kezia Dugdale at face value.

Just spoke to someone I know who’s went and they’ve said that the executive agreed motion is debated, alongside every other motion (inc single market membership, and if the main motion is rejected by conference then the other two motions will be considered. HTH.

30 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Brexit’s ruined your brain old man if you think we ought to start taking Ian Murray and Kezia Dugdale at face value.

Just spoke to someone I know who’s went and they’ve said that the executive agreed motion is debated, alongside every other motion (inc single market membership, and if the main motion is rejected by conference then the other two motions will be considered. HTH.

Nothing to do with Brexit or individuals.  It’s to do with the left wing leadership of the Labour Party doing exactly the same thing that they used to condemn the right wing leadership for doing.

You either don’t understand the point, which I find hard to believe, or are deliberately ignoring it.

Nothing to do with Brexit or individuals.  It’s to do with the left wing leadership of the Labour Party doing exactly the same thing that they used to condemn the right wing leadership for doing.
You either don’t understand the point, which I find hard to believe, or are deliberately ignoring it.

Talk about ignoring, the second paragraph I edited in. Adopting a position then voting on it while debating all the other positions throughout the weekend seems like normal party procedure across the board... Doesn’t it?

Fisherman on STVNews saying their MP might be out of a job in four years because "we'll never trust a Tory again."     Don't give us that crap you were well warned! 
Glorious.

The one redeeming feature of Brexit will be seeing those c***s being financially ruined by the very thing they gleefully voted for.