Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Imagine if they agree some form of tariff-free trade deal?

The contortions from the Trump-loving Brexiteers to justify it would be tremendous, given the outrage they felt at Obama (logically) saying the UK would be at the back of the queue for a deal...

Edited by killiefan27

As I understand it the EU and the US have agreed to start discussions.  Like the North Korea thing, a whole fanfare with nothing of substance.

Mind you if it knocks the Brexiteers off their stride that would be a bonus.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

As I understand it the EU and the US have agreed to start discussions.  Like the North Korea thing, a whole fanfare with nothing of substance.

Mind you if it knocks the Brexiteers off their stride that would be a bonus.

They're not allowed to start discussions until after Brexit.

What's you favourite Brexit dividend?-
Food and medicine rationing.
Death penalty.
Waiting 50 years to see the financial benefit from Brexit.
Britain turning into something like V for vandetta.

Seeing Westminster, and politicians in general, being exposed once again as truly useless people.

Just put out a contract to run the country and let the likes of Carillion (RIP) run it. They wouldn’t have made any more of a shambles of running it.

12 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Reduction of the number of politicans both elected and unelected having a say in the running of the country.

Would be the same reason I'd vote for independence for Scotland as long as we remained out of the EU and it's meddling.

"I haven't got a fucking clue".

10 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Imagine if they agree some form of tariff-free trade deal?

The contortions from the Trump-loving Brexiteers to justify it would be tremendous, given the outrage they felt at Obama (logically) saying the UK would be at the back of the queue for a deal...

This back of the queue thing makes no sense.  Are we really saying the USA can only discuss trade deals with one country at a time, and because they UK has gone on it's own the USA will be talking to all other countries before they get to us?  There is no queue.

At times of crisis I ask myself a simple question; what would Princess Margaret have done ?
Got wired into the gin, smoked 100 fags before lunch, shouted at some minions, invited Peter Sellers over to see her royal jewels, then round off the day with a piping hot shower. Probably.

44 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This back of the queue thing makes no sense.  Are we really saying the USA can only discuss trade deals with one country at a time, and because they UK has gone on it's own the USA will be talking to all other countries before they get to us?  There is no queue.

It's a turn of phrase meaning not a priority, I suppose. The irony is that Trump suddenly appears to be all in on a free trade deal with the EU just as we are getting ready to jump.

A trade deal with the USA means taking their shite food, getting rid of country of origin labelling and opening up publicly owned services to competition.
I do not see the EU going for that with Trump. TTIP died for a reason.
But does the EU not have a trade deal or negotiating one. If so, why does the EU not have to take the shite food/dodgy chicken but the UK would have to?

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
49 minutes ago, Detournement said:
A trade deal with the USA means taking their shite food, getting rid of country of origin labelling and opening up publicly owned services to competition.
I do not see the EU going for that with Trump. TTIP died for a reason.

But does the EU not have a trade deal or negotiating one. If so, why does the EU not have to take the shite food/dodgy chicken but the UK would have to?

That's the point. A tarrif free trade deal between the EU and the USA isn't going to happen.

The EU is in too weak a position to start any TTIP pish again.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, Detournement said:
That's the point. A tarrif free trade deal between the EU and the USA isn't going to happen.
The EU is in too weak a position to start any TTIP pish again.

So why are we getting threatened with the chlorinated chicken? We weren't before?

We are getting threatened with chlorinated chicken because Tory politicians who are in American pockets such as Fox want a free trade deal between the UK and the USA.

Cholrinated chicken was on the agenda when TTIP was on the table so we were being threatened with it then but the media didn't bother to report on it.

BTW

remember when we had really bad snow (beast from the east) and everyone wasposting pictures of Tesco, Morrisons etc with no bread, milk meat etc etc.....

that was only 2 days distribution disturbance that caused that......

things are going to get crazy