Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You didn't answer the questions because the questions weren't asked in the EU referendum.

We weren't asked about the Single Market.

We weren't asked about the Customs Union.

At no point was a choice over soft or hard Brexit given yet it seems that some on the Brexit side think there is blank cheque to go for hard Brexit.

That's not democracy.

I'd also like to add to this, the Irish border. I'm almost certain it wasn't mentioned in any media outlets that I was viewing/reading at that time.

25 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Your first sentence you claim they had no idea what they voted for.

Your second sentence you then tell us what the voted for.

You should think a little before you start posting total mince :thumbsdown

f**k off you useless illiterate c**t.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A lot of Leave voters thought they were getting a soft Brexit. Can remember being treated as a crank by some posters on here at the time for raising the RoI border issue. That wasn't even on the radar for most people when the vote took place

Out of interest who are you referring to? Cause I've literally no recollection of this happening.

Other than Raaaab’s statement the whole thing has gone quiet.  Not sure when negotiations are supposed to be resuming, not that I think a negotiated position on the Irish border is possible.  One more perceived compromise by May and there will be a leadership challenge.

They had no idea what they were going to get, or even what the f**k they voted for. They wouldn't have known what a "soft brexit" meant.
I get fed up repeating on here that in the N.W of England many voted leave because they felt there are too many Indians and Pakistanis in the country now.
There was a woman on a panorama special after the vote looking at a steelworks in Sunderland with a tear in her eye as she looked forward to it reopening.

It hasn't.

Is it just my imagination or have the hard brexit brigade (apart from Muckspreader) gone a wee bit quiet?

Could it have finally dawned on them that their ideas for renegotiating a deal will be even more unpalatable to the EU than May's mess of a plan.

3 hours ago, mjw said:

There was a woman on a panorama special after the vote looking at a steelworks in Sunderland with a tear in her eye as she looked forward to it reopening.

It hasn't.

The irony is that it is the same hard right politicians who want us out of the EU that stood by whilst traditional industry in this country was decimated.

Don't get me wrong, it was inevitable that we move to a post-industrial society, but it could have been managed far better rather than letting ‘market forces’ prevail with the inevitable destruction of communities and mass unemployment in certain geographical areas all with the inevitable social problems.

Is it just my imagination or have the hard brexit brigade (apart from Muckspreader) gone a wee bit quiet?
Could it have finally dawned on them that their ideas for renegotiating a deal will be even more unpalatable to the EU than May's mess of a plan.

I’m always wondering why Bishops Briggs isn’t posting in here these days.

You have a little under 3 hours left if you want to have your say on any future UK-US Trade deal. That's right, we're being consulted! It's just that maybe the government forgot to tell us all that we were being consulted. I'm sure that was just an oversight and there was nothing sinister going on.

https://consultations.trade.gov.uk/policy/consultation-on-trade-negotiations-with-the-us/consultation/