Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I think he had a wee bit of help . . .

. . . 40+ years of negative stories about the EU in the Mail, Express and Murdoch press played a bigger part methinks!
That certainly laid the groundwork.

I don't think any individual is more responsible though. He started banging that wee ukip drum a long, long time ago. Slowly but surely it gained traction, and then David fucking Cameron took the bait.

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That certainly laid the groundwork.

I don't think any individual is more responsible though. He started banging that wee ukip drum a long, long time ago. Slowly but surely it gained traction, and then David fucking Cameron took the bait.

A referendum was the price Cameron paid for the Tory Leadership job and becoming PM. It had nothing to do with anything other than internal party politics.

A referendum was the price Cameron paid for the Tory Leadership job and becoming PM. It had nothing to do with anything other than internal party politics.
Really?

I thought he saw the opportunity to put the issue to bed and was pumped after winning the Scottish one.

But that makes much more sense. Poor David Davis.

48 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm saying he's a shifty c**t that's always been on one gravy train or another. But you can't deny he's had an enormous impact on British politics.

He's found, in my opinion, justifiable issues with the EU, and distilled it down to an 'average little Englander' level.

And supposedly this party isn't just about Brexit. His speech today attacked career politicians, and the connections between big city interests and the government. Those are some pretty big truths.

He feeds on prejudices. When you look at what he says when he's asked to define specific policies, you can see how odious they are.

Wasn't he himself involved in 'the city'..., a bond trader or some such ....?

be

58 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think he genuinely believes it though.

Trump hasn't got a fucking clue, and seems to roll with whatever someone tells him on each particular day. You could tell he was openly bullshitting thick Americans.

But I think farage sees himself as on a mission. He's sticking up for the little guy, against the forces of the establishment. He's the true leader of little England, and very proud of that.

100% agree with you on Trump but as I said on another thread he's the first President since Truman in the late 1940's that hasn't created or escalated a war and in fact he has withdrawn troops from Syria.

So let the daft twat fight his wee trade wars with China he thinks he's good at so that Herman P Schnicklepooker  the 3rd of Kanabe Utah thinks he's the bollocks.

Wasn't he himself involved in 'the city'..., a bond trader or some such ....?

be

Yes, his dad was a trader and Nigel was also a trader, in the City of London. He also went to Dulwich College which is a pretty well known London private school.
He's cut from the same cloth as the rest of his politico peers.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

100% agree with you on Trump but as I said on another thread he's the first President since Truman in the late 1940's that hasn't created or escalated a war and in fact he has withdrawn troops from Syria.

So let the daft twat fight his wee trade wars with China he thinks he's good at so that Herman P Schnicklepooker  the 3rd of Kanabe Utah thinks he's the bollocks.

Give him time. He's definitely against getting tied up in endless unwinnable wars like Afghanistan, but he's got a big shiny toy that he really wants to play with. If I was Venezuelan or Iranian I'd be nervous.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

If he galvanises Brexit fully then fptp might not stop him.

Remember the night that the scottish referendum broke the fptp system in Scotland. That would be a huge turnaround, granted, but it's not impossible - especially if the government keeps kicking this down the road.

:lol:  I’m not sure what you’re smoking but it must be powerful stuff.

How does Nigel Farage get a free ride from the media?  I mean come on now, he's constantly having to answer questions lead with racist overtones.   A bit like Salmond who was always sneered at.

He's good at getting his point across.  I don't agree with him but it's absolute nonsense to say he gets a free ride.

Who gets a free ride are the politicians completely unable to break the deadlock that they are in.  Journos constantly talking about the countdown and time left.  They don't need time, they need compromises.  Absolute joke just to boot it into the long grass.

Edited by tirso

It was the British people that voted to leave the EU.  Unless we live in a dictatorship, which we don't, I'm uneasy with people 'blaming' x, y and z for how a vote has turned out.

The British people voted for it.  The "lies" on the bus were well talked about before the vote, stifling free movement hugely talked about.  People that lost want to assume everyone's stupid.  I think at this level of political engagement, I go with the majority.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

That looks totally frightening; I hope there were no fatalities.  

I buy my bottled water from Aldi.  Wheat crackers too.

It was the British people that voted to leave the EU.  Unless we live in a dictatorship, which we don't, I'm uneasy with people 'blaming' x, y and z for how a vote has turned out.
The British people voted for it.  The "lies" on the bus were well talked about before the vote, stifling free movement hugely talked about.  People that lost want to assume everyone's stupid.  I think at this level of political engagement, I go with the majority.
Utter pish I'm afraid; there was no inherent public campaign to exit the EU, it was manufactured by those on the political right with their own agenda and reflected a deep and long-running schism within the Tory Party. Cameron's folly was to needlessly poke a stick into this festering hornet's nest and the rest is history. Every time folk like yourself attempt to rewrite the script you can expect to be called out.

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'm saying he's a shifty c**t that's always been on one gravy train or another. But you can't deny he's had an enormous impact on British politics.

He's found, in my opinion, justifiable issues with the EU, and distilled it down to an 'average little Englander' level.

And supposedly this party isn't just about Brexit. His speech today attacked career politicians, and the connections between big city interests and the government. Those are some pretty big truths.

You are very naïve. 

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Utter pish I'm afraid; there was no inherent public campaign to exit the EU, it was manufactured by those on the political right with their own agenda and reflected a deep and long-running schism within the Tory Party. Cameron's folly was to needlessly poke a stick into this festering hornet's nest and the rest is history. Every time folk like yourself attempt to rewrite the script you can expect to be called out.

Just as well someone responded to tirso, I had concerns for him.  He would have cried himself to sleep tonight if he hadn’t got a response; that or block an Aldi’s.

On a different note I would not expect myself to use the term ‘snowflakes’ but fucking hell.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-mental-health-a8866256.html

2 hours ago, tirso said:

_102707240_cbd4f1ef-34a0-4124-93a4-114fd

2016-06-BreakingPoint.jpg

2016-06-brexit-leave-deception2.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, tirso said:

How does Nigel Farage get a free ride from the media?  I mean come on now, he's constantly having to answer questions lead with racist overtones.   A bit like Salmond who was always sneered at.

He's good at getting his point across.  I don't agree with him but it's absolute nonsense to say he gets a free ride.

Who gets a free ride are the politicians completely unable to break the deadlock that they are in.  Journos constantly talking about the countdown and time left.  They don't need time, they need compromises.  Absolute joke just to boot it into the long grass.

We have to presume that you're simply ripping the pish. 

Farage's right-wing agenda is based on nothing more than appealing to the lowest  common denominator. He could never get away with that pish in a GE because specific policies easily exposed the vacuous nonsense at the heart of his agenda. That's why in GE's he's been rejected time after time. 

The Brexit referendum though, with it's abstract vision, was easy meat for a populist orator. As are European elections.....who the f*ck cares who we elect ?

History proves that it's easy to be a right-wing populist. It never, ever lasts though.