Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

All the opposition have to do is keep solid till March 19th, call a VONC and choose a caretaker PM to last 25 days till a General Election, after the EU agree to an extension. The only way out for Johnson is getting a deal with the EU that Parliament somehow rushes through in ten days, which looks very unlikely. Cummings has been done up like a kipper, unless he can win the election of course.
My worry is what happens next.

So brexit is delayed further, but the 'public' in England seem absolutely livid with this. There's been a few random vox pops from random punters in wherever and the vibe is overwhelming seethe at parliament.

My worry is what happens next.

So brexit is delayed further, but the 'public' in England seem absolutely livid with this. There's been a few random vox pops from random punters in wherever and the vibe is overwhelming seethe at parliament.

I genuinely think we're fucked.

I know there's the perception that Boris has went off the rails but there is a reason and a motivation behind his strategy.

Trump found a way to do things repeatedly that would end another candidates career and still keep a 30% hard core support. There's a rule book which applies to the traditional party committee designed politician but it doesn't seem to work as well when someone does the whole madman thing.

If there's a similar percentage of leave people who are as staunch and will actually turn out to vote, they won't care a jot who is implementing their extreme agenda and what flimsy 16th century constitutional convention they seem to be violating.

With the way the public seem to perceive reality and how social media provides them comfort in their delusions, I could see a much more grim decade ahead. There have been some impacts felt but I feel we've not really properly seen the real consequences of any of the last few years yet.

Even in Scotland, we're not immune from this shite. Still polling significant levels of Tory and Brexit Party support. We're deffo better off up here but the situation is flimsier than people realise. There's an ignorance behind devolution and the budget in Holyrood is always under more pressure, there's a level of accountability there that goes well beyond what an administration can achieve.

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

BoJo had to prove to the Brexit party that Leave means Leave, he has shown he means to leave the EU so it's Nigel's turn. 

Hence why expelling the rebels and losing Remain leaning cabinet ministers helps him even though he loses his majority in the process. The opposition getting an extension and then forcing an election before a hard Brexit also helps him because it means there is no hard border chaos related wake up call for Leave voters before they vote.

End result he gets a solid majority against an opposition split between several Remain or soft Brexit options with no need to have the DUP involved any more, which gives him more room for manouevre on the RoI border, and has five years to try to regain popularity after finally pushing through a hard Brexit. He knows what he is doing.

Beth Rigby was mentioning polling last night which shows Boris Johnson has increased his lead but can't see it. Anyone have this[mention=19828]Colkitto[/mention]
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 31% (+10)
LAB: 28% (-3)
LDEM: 19% (+6)
BREX: 15% (-4)
GRN: 2% (-3)

via @Panelbase, 05 - 06 Sep
**Chgs. w/ May**

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 35% (-)
LAB: 21% (-4)
LDEM: 19% (+3)
BREX: 12% (+1)

via @YouGov, 05 - 06 Sep

Let's recap last couple days of polls!

YouGov / Opinium / Panelbase / Survation

Con: 35% / 35% / 31% / 29%
Lab: 21% / 25% / 28% / 24%
LDem: 19% / 17% / 19% / 18%
Brx: 12% / 13% / 15% / 17%

Only full party numbers shown.

18 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hence why expelling the rebels and losing Remain leaning cabinet ministers helps him even though he loses his majority in the process. The opposition getting an extension and then forcing an election before a hard Brexit also helps him because it means there is no hard border chaos related wake up call for Leave voters before they vote.

End result he gets a solid majority against an opposition split between several Remain or soft Brexit options with no need to have the DUP involved any more, which gives him more room for manouevre on the RoI border, and has five years to try to regain popularity after finally pushing through a hard Brexit. He knows what he is doing.

An exchange, a few remainers for 17.4 million then drop the DUP.

It's well known that once you send a politician to jail that they change their ways and are never heard of again. What could go wrong?

Goes to jail (which turns out to be home arrest in No.10) for a month (no worse than an offshore work stint) and comes out to lead the UK to independence from the EU, being hailed as the 'White Mandela' and re-elected for years.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Rudd's resignation letter (apparently) confirms that there is virtually no effort going into finding a deal with the EU which, obviously, is a shock to no one.

Think she said she had seen no evidence of negotiation. She wouldn’t. She was in the cabinet but not in the loop. A bit like the Brexteer cabinet ministers weren’t in the loop when Theresa May/Olly Robbins were “negotiating”.  If - admittedly an if - the Gov are getting anywhere with Berlin and Paris and  Dublin (not the Commission) the last thing they are going to do is share it with Rudd.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If Johnson had any evidence of progress with anyone for a deal and shared it, he more than likely wouldn't have lost the stop no deal bill, it would have been delayed till October. He's got nothing.

I used to think they were all hell bent on pulling the wool over the electorate's eyes, now I realise they are equally hell bent on pulling the wool over each other's eyes.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Beth Rigby was mentioning polling last night which shows Boris Johnson has increased his lead but can't see it. Anyone have this@Colkitto

Think there was a YouGov poll for one of the English news papers that showed Boris was most popular leader. If I get the chance I'll see if I can find it

35 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Think she said she had seen no evidence of negotiation. She wouldn’t. She was in the cabinet but not in the loop. A bit like the Brexteer cabinet ministers weren’t in the loop when Theresa May/Olly Robbins were “negotiating”.  If - admittedly an if - the Gov are getting anywhere with Berlin and Paris and  Dublin (not the Commission) the last thing they are going to do is share it with Rudd.

Oh please. Grow a brain.

There have been no negotiations.  The only component of a negotiaition that has taken place was some junior knobhead taking a flight out to mainland Europe.

Then coming back again.

Edited by beefybake