Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Do you think that Brexit will have been resolved to a satisfactory conclusion across the length and breadth of the UK in our lifetimes?

No, it will probably drop down the priority list when we get invaded by the self replicating robots of Balthazar 5 though.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, strichener said:

So labour were far right when they introduced the Identity Cards Act 2006 and conversely the Tories must be far left for repealing it as soon as they formed a government.  

No Labour was pandering to the right when they instigated it and the Tories were pandering to their libertarian far right wing when they cancelled it.

Edited by Baxter Parp

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Someone's just asked on a BBC phone in why we can't have a GE and referendum combined?

I thought that sounded like a decent suggestion, but apparently the electoral commission have said it wouldn't work because it just confuse the electorate!

Would any P&Bers be confused if, when casting their vote, they were presented with a ballot paper having an additional question on Brexit?

Not me but then I voted Remain. Obviously they are concerned about the thickoes  who voted Leave.

31 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Not me but then I voted Remain. Obviously they are concerned about the thickoes  who voted Leave.

There not thickoes - they know what they voted for. There was quite a few of them from South Shields on Question Time last night - must have had a combined IQ of around 25.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Comparing the Chagos Islanders to domestic deportation policy is a bit silly. Geopolitics makes governments of all flavours behave badly to foreigners on the other side of the planet who don't have a vote.

They weren't foreigners.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There not thickoes - they know what they voted for. There was quite a few of them from South Shields on Question Time last night - must have had a combined IQ of around 25.

That’s an “in joke”, right? If not, would it be worth a quick spell-check before posts sneering at the stupidity of others?

Very occasionally I will watch something like Question Time hoping some Leave voter will say something and I will then say "okay, now I get it". 

It never happens.  Almost always they are angry, pointy finger types who say "X means X"  and we need to leave because we need to leave.

An incredibly dull programme nowadays.

So labour were far right when they introduced the Identity Cards Act 2006 and conversely the Tories must be far left for repealing it as soon as they formed a government.  
Not aimed at you but others stating Windrush shows the Tories to be far right, whilst ignoring the labour treatment of the Chagos Islanders in the 60s and all governments attitude towards them since.  This doesn't make every government since 1967 far right.
It's not ID cards per we that are the problem but the whole rationale behind it.

It's straight from the southern Republican playbook.

Surprise

Who cares?
Just get on with it. I want my Brexit 50p coin.

If it’s OK to have a third GE in three years why is it wrong to have a second referendum?
We can change our mind on who we vote for but not on Brexit?
Surely you have to implement the result of the first referendum before you can have a second referendum.

38 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
If it’s OK to have a third GE in three years why is it wrong to have a second referendum?
We can change our mind on who we vote for but not on Brexit?

Surely you have to implement the result of the first referendum before you can have a second referendum.

There’s a flaw in that argument.  See if you can spot it.