Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think it will make much difference either way, deal or no deal we'll be worse off and gain nothing.

Fair enough, I can't imagine a no deal scenario where the SNP don't try and heavily capitalise on. 

Just watching on catch up now. 
Here's a good one for some of you to be honest about, would anyone rather the UK failed to get a deal in order to potentially increase support for Scottish Independence? 

Scottish independence is inevitable either way imo. The fact that NI now has access to both the EU and UK market will just strengthen the case.

Fair enough, I can't imagine a no deal scenario where the SNP don't try and heavily capitalise on. 
Why wouldnt they? They represent a nation that voted against Brexit. Their purpose is to secure independence. Why wouldn't they point out that remaining in the UK leaves us open to this sort of deficit in democracy?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Why wouldnt they? They represent a nation that voted against Brexit. Their purpose is to secure independence. Why wouldn't they point out that remaining in the UK leaves us open to this sort of deficit in democracy?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I don't think that they shouldn't try and capitalise whatever way it goes, they should do whatever they see fit, I'm saying that I believe a no deal scenario would lead to a stronger political argument for SI than they would be able to make if their was a deal. Of course they would still have an argument either way just that one of them is a louder argument imo. 

So would anyone on here prefer no deal to potentially strengthen the case for Independence?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I don't think that they shouldn't try and capitalise whatever way it goes, they should do whatever they see fit, I'm saying that I believe a no deal scenario would lead to a stronger political argument for SI than they would be able to make if their was a deal. Of course they would still have an argument either way just that one of them is a louder argument imo. 
So would anyone on here prefer no deal to potentially strengthen the case for Independence?
No, I think No deal would be a disaster for Scotland. If there is a good deal between the UK and Europe, then post independence Scotland (as member of EU) can avail of that access/deal. It would reduce scare stories dramatically imo.
Bring home the deal BJ[emoji106]

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Just watching on catch up now. 

Here's a good one for some of you to be honest about, would anyone rather the UK failed to get a deal in order to potentially increase support for Scottish Independence? 

The words "Northern Ireland gets the best of both worlds" @ M Gove as part of a deal are a clear signal that the remaining constituent parts will not get the best of both worlds. Much of England couldn't give a f**k - they voted for it. Much of Scotland thinks this is a piece of nonsense which they didn't vote for. To be clear, Northern Ireland isn't getting the best of both worlds just because it has a land border - a border is a border as we'll see at Dover. They're getting it because, if they don't, people will maybe start shooting each other again.  Scotland continues to seek a democratic path in view of increasing support for independence and to deal with the worst excesses of Brexit and c***s like Boris Johnson, Gove and Rees Mogg but gets fed plates of cereal. 

I don't give a f**k if there's a deal. It won't change anything now because the deal is more beneficial to some in the UK than others. No deal will increase independence support without me or anyone else needing to "hope for" it. 

Scottish independence is inevitable when seen through any lens other than the UK government point blank ignoring democracy in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

No, I think No deal would be a disaster for Scotland. If there is a good deal between the UK and Europe, then post independence Scotland (as member of EU) can avail of that access/deal. It would reduce scare stories dramatically imo.
Bring home the deal BJemoji106.png

Yes, and No Deal would just make relations with rUK more difficult to sort out after independence and we're negotiating rejoining the EU.

Yes, and No Deal would just make relations with rUK more difficult to sort out after independence and we're negotiating rejoining the EU.
Tbh, what's currently happening with NI virtually having access to both markets is setting a very nice precedent to debunk many other scare stories too.
A border down the Irish Sea plus a Deal is good news for the independent camp.

I genuinely hoped that some sort of free trade deal would be agreed. But I've always suspected that no deal would be the outcome.

I want Scottish Independence but I fear for folk at the moment. An economic disaster is weeks away and there are folk I know who are already struggling financially who will be finished if things get even fractionally worse. 

It's heartbreaking watching collateral damage. I'd rather some sort of deal and a knock to indy. As it stands, the UK is absolutely fucked.

Mind Laura K telling us that the next 24 hours would be crucial on Sunday? Well apparently now the deadline is next Sunday. And if progress hasn’t been made nor a decision taken by then, you can bet your backside that ... the following 48 hours will probably be crucial.