Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

12 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Great.  I look forward to you trying.  Not that you ever will.

"I know you are but what am I?" This is playground stuff, wipe your eyes on your apron, stand up on your hind legs and insult me like an adult.

Silly.

The relationship between Scotland and Europe - especially France - was changed by the Reformation.

You will probably prove me wrong but not even you can be daft enough to deny this.

Silly.
The relationship between Scotland and Europe - especially France - was changed by the Reformation.
You will probably prove me wrong but not even you can be daft enough to deny this.
If I can prove you wrong then you're just wrong. What a strange thing to say.

As it happens there's no document ending the Auld Alliance, Scots still had all the privileges of a French citizen, etc, etc. So no, not much changed at all. Scotland's relationship with Europe isn't based on religion no matter how much you want it to be.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Silly.

No, not really. Ultimately Scotland's relationship with Europe changed as a result of the Virgin Queen not putting out.

After the Union of Crowns our constitutional future and foreign policy became entwined with England. The King of England's enemies became our enemies, which, in classic English fashion soon meant the majority of Western Europe.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone seen a statement from Labour’s only Scottish MP on why he backed the deal?

Only 22% of those who voted in his constituency backed Leave so I doubt this is the outcome they wanted.

I live in his constituency and I was in favour of remaining. I suspect most people here would, overall, be relieved by this deal rather than outraged. I'm not a fan of Ian Murray but I don't really see him as having voted in favour of Brexit here.

19 minutes ago, bendan said:

I live in his constituency and I was in favour of remaining. I suspect most people here would, overall, be relieved by this deal rather than outraged. I'm not a fan of Ian Murray but I don't really see him as having voted in favour of Brexit here.

Take you contrarian pish elsewhere please.

I think it's do with how infantile it is to base your politics entirely round the team you support, with little to no actual analysis or understanding of how issues affect your everyday life and those of your fellow citizens? 

Actively cheering on Gove for having a dig at Scottish nationalism when this whole affair has broadly been caused by English nationalism, sorry, English "sovereignty" 

Edited by madwullie

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone seen a statement from Labour’s only Scottish MP on why he backed the deal?

Only 22% of those who voted in his constituency backed Leave so I doubt this is the outcome they wanted.

I'm sure they'd prefer it to no deal. How many in his constituency voted to remain in the UK?

Lovely, last 3 pages have been Kincy using facts and stating his piece and just look at the replies. Desperation from people polarised beyond belief. The lack of critical thinking on this place at times is staggering, I'd really worry for an Independent Scotland considering this is the Mordor of the online Nationalist community.

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I think it's do with how infantile it is to base your politics entirely round the team you support, with little to no actual analysis or understanding of how issues affect your everyday life and those of your fellow citizens? 

So presuming what people believe based entirely on your perception due to the team they watch kick a ball around a pitch isn't infantile or are you just providing an example of what you're claiming is an "infantile" thing...

This place... 😂

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Take you contrarian pish elsewhere please.

Rational opinion = Contrarian Pish. 

This. Place. 😂

Never change. 

I'm starting to think the Brexit deal has upset a few people, unsurprising considering some of you mental cases said you'd prefer No deal to strengthen the cause of SI so I get your disappointment... As I've said multiple times though you don't need to be so miserable and bitter about your fellow patriots differing views from yours, embrace democracy, embrace Rangers winning the league, embrace Brexit and we can move forward together and focus on CANZUK.

Good men. What's your point?
Point is that Rangers have a habit of attracting right wing British Nationalists who crave some religious war from centuries ago. Many claim to see themselves as Scottish but are quite happy to put England's interests first whilst actually jumping on the bandwagon to ridicule Scots back into their box.

18 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
23 hours ago, coprolite said:
The tax thing is a complete red herring. The UK already has all the rules it needs to comply with it. The UK and Germany were the driving force behind the BEPS project at the OECD, which is where the EU rules come from. The UK committed to BEPS and is still in the OECD. 
Otherwise, it would have been a logical motivation to leave. As it is, the only logical motivation is xenophobia. 

The UK may already have the rules in place to comply but it does not in any way have the will to comply. Under the EU failure through neglect could be punished by massive fines. Out of the EU the rules can be safely ignored.

18 hours ago, Jedi said:

Absolutely. Sell immigration issues to the gammons, while quietly working in the background to get around the tax laws, and open up public services for private profit....the Tories are always going to Tory.

I don't dispute that there will always be a low tax, small state faction in the Tories. They might be able to exploit not being in the EU to achieve their objectives if they can persuade the leadership that it will win votes. 

I think you misunderstand the plan-free populist opportunist nature of this government. I guess it's comforting to think that there are unseen forces with a masterplan rather than imbeciles making shit up as they go. 

I think that your belief in the EU (containing Luxembourg, Ireland, Netherlands, Malta, Cyprus) as a paragon of tax justice is also misplaced. 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Point is that Rangers have a habit of attracting right wing British Nationalists who crave some religious war from centuries ago. Many claim to see themselves as Scottish but are quite happy to put England's interests first whilst actually jumping on the bandwagon to ridicule Scots back into their box.

😂

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I think you misunderstand the plan-free populist opportunist nature of this government. I guess it's comforting to think that there are unseen forces with a masterplan rather than imbeciles making shit up as they go. 

It's probably a bit of both.