Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Problem with this ICT is both Sky News and BBC pulled away before Blackfords speech to cover the vaccine conference. Afterwards Sky News gave a debrief of debate and failed to mention Blackfords speech (concentrating more on May's barb)
Majority of Scots probably won't get to see speech and if so it will watered down.

I didn't know that, but it's not exactly surprising. I watched uninterrupted coverage on the Parliament channel. 

Hopefully it will be posted in its entirety on youtube soon.

Now up on twitter :

Edited by ICTJohnboy

It's started already, Labour & KS would've been better abstaining!

Michael Gove, the Cabinet Office minister, is speaking now.

He says Sir Keir Starmer’s speech was eloquent, but not sincere. It was like his attitude to Jeremy Corbyn, he says.

He says Starmer tried to keep the UK tied to EU structures. But now he is saying that he will not even mention Europe in Labour leaflets at the next election.

This is similar to the way Starmer used to support Corbyn, but now has distanced himself from him, he says.

I see this being the line of attack until the next GE - "Starmer's a remainer, always was, always will be" and will take us back into the EU by the back door if you vote Labour. 

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This is all Jeremy Corbyn's fault is quite the take here imo.

I've not really seen that, I've seen some people say it didnt help that Corbyn was useless on the issue then NotthePars come in and try and say that Corbyn did the most out of anyone for Remain campaigning, which is also quite the take..

26 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I've not really seen that, I've seen some people say it didnt help that Corbyn was useless on the issue then NotthePars come in and try and say that Corbyn did the most out of anyone for Remain campaigning, which is also quite the take..

That's not what NTP said though.

The Tories will have their short soundbites in place for 2024 already now...

'Beat Covid' (whatever the truth or otherwise of that is)

'Levelled up' (across the whole of the UK, vacuous, meaningless words, but likely to appeal to the Gammons of the North even though their standard of living will have dropped by then), and of course

'Got Brexit done'

They will indeed harp on about, Labour will try and re-negotiate this wonderful, free-trade, took back control of our fish deal....'our' Brexit isn't safe with them.

Admittedly, it will be difficult, though not impossible, for Labour to break through in England with that background.

The tax thing is a complete red herring. The UK already has all the rules it needs to comply with it. The UK and Germany were the driving force behind the BEPS project at the OECD, which is where the EU rules come from. The UK committed to BEPS and is still in the OECD. 
Otherwise, it would have been a logical motivation to leave. As it is, the only logical motivation is xenophobia. 
The UK may already have the rules in place to comply but it does not in any way have the will to comply. Under the EU failure through neglect could be punished by massive fines. Out of the EU the rules can be safely ignored.

53 minutes ago, btb said:

It's started already, Labour & KS would've been better abstaining!

I see this being the line of attack until the next GE - "Starmer's a remainer, always was, always will be" and will take us back into the EU by the back door if you vote Labour. 

By the time of the next GE quite a lot of the electorate may be amenable to re-entry by any door.

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
4 hours ago, coprolite said:
The tax thing is a complete red herring. The UK already has all the rules it needs to comply with it. The UK and Germany were the driving force behind the BEPS project at the OECD, which is where the EU rules come from. The UK committed to BEPS and is still in the OECD. 
Otherwise, it would have been a logical motivation to leave. As it is, the only logical motivation is xenophobia. 

Out of the EU the rules can be safely ignored.

Absolutely. Sell immigration issues to the gammons, while quietly working in the background to get around the tax laws, and open up public services for private profit....the Tories are always going to Tory.

34 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Not precisely, I can't quite see anyone saying that "it's all Jeremy Corbyn's fault" either though. 

No ?

You literally gave this post a green dot.

Corbyn had a huge conflict because he passionately believed in Brexit but he led a parliamentary party that was overwhelmingly Remain. That's what fucked the whole thing

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

People really do just be saying anything

I wasn't blaming Corbyn for anything, it's just the way it was. My preference was for a Corbyn led Labour government, but it obviously didn't help having a cobbled together and constantly changing EU policy trying to please all factions of the party and ending up convincing no one.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

NotthePars come in and try and say that Corbyn did the most out of anyone for Remain campaigning, which is also quite the take..

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's not what NTP said though.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Not precisely

a3aa835ddd7f74406c7bddee04db13b2ba13437d.jpg

30 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Wtf does that even mean m9 ?

It means that you paraphrased someone, I did the same and then you played purposefully obtuse and said "they didn't say that" and I pointed out nobody said what you claimed in your paraphrasing either and now you're again acting obtuse because it involves your buddy.