Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

30 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Strange that Ruthie has kept shtum, also fluffy

I mentioned earlier all the fish died on the 24th its all about the brexit deal now and trying to peddle the myth that the snp are voting for a no deal 😉

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm afraid you do@strichener. As stated above customs forms are currently needed for EU including Eire for packages. I persume it's now been implemented to ensure anything that arrives at destination post 31st December is in order.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

Not fake and f**k you.

Wasn't needed on either the DHL parcel nor the royal mail parcels that I sent from work today.  I also sent two packages to France yesterday at the local post office which required no paperwork.  Think I'll take my own experiences over some random Twitter account.

They won't have a direct cut in fact there is a slight increase. What has stopped is the ability to swap or lease additional quota between operators thus limiting access to additional quota on those species which they were able to do previously.

How they never saw that coming I will never know.

Wasn't hard but there's a change ordering a postal label on the Royal Mail website for NZ, you have to state the contents on the site which "may be" passed on to New Zealand, rather than just scribbled on the blank label. Presumably it's a non EU thing.

17 minutes ago, strichener said:

Wasn't needed on either the DHL parcel nor the royal mail parcels that I sent from work today.  I also sent two packages to France yesterday at the local post office which required no paperwork.  Think I'll take my own experiences over some random Twitter account.

If the idea is that you didn't need to fill in a customs declaration, that's always been the case. It just means that the parcel will likely be delayed and possibly opened in the country you're sending it to. Or possibly sent back, if they're feeling like being c***s.

Yon Twitter lassie is a hysteric, however, and she even got a reply from the Royal Mail telling her what to do. She doesn't have much of an international shipping business if she doesn't know about CN22 forms.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wasn't hard but there's a change ordering a postal label on the Royal Mail website for NZ, you have to state the contents on the site which "may be" passed on to New Zealand, rather than just scribbled on the blank label. Presumably it's a non EU thing.

That's new. I haven't sent anything to Oceania is a few months, but I don't remember anything about information being passed over electronically.

Might have missed it though. Plus, it's probably long overdue for that kind of information to be shared.

I guess we all have different experiences, but as stated earlier declarations were needed on a family parcel sent today to ROI

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That's new. I haven't sent anything to Oceania is a few months, but I don't remember anything about information being passed over electronically.

I sent my embarrassing contraband parcel with the envelope of cash early December to NZ without any electronic transfer, this one I sent today, no cash or foodstuffs, lesson learnt. Small change that doesn't make much difference.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I sent my embarrassing contraband parcel with the envelope of cash early December to NZ without any electronic transfer, this one I sent today, no cash or foodstuffs, lesson learnt. Small change that doesn't make much difference.

Did you originally state what the contraband was?

If not, apologies for not drawing attention to your box of sexual appliances and Conservative election materials before now.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Did you originally state what the contraband was?

If not, apologies for not drawing attention to your box of sexual appliances and Conservative election materials before now.

It was a Crowdie cheese making kit, I wrote Craft Kit Box deviously on the label, some hungry dyslexic Kiwi post inspector probably read it as Kraft Kitkats. Nice wee Christmas bonus for him.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Heard some professional negotiator saying that the EU were likely to be squeezing areas they know are weaknesses of the Tory govt in particular to apply extra pressure....

Maybe because the EU's starting position was 18% while the UK's was 80% and it wound up at 25% by value, the EU had a much clearer picture of what they wanted and how to make the 25% on paper a lot less damaging to themselves in reality.

If Boris only caved in and agreed to the final figure after Dover to Calais was closed the negotiators wouldn't necessarily be well briefed on what to do under that scenario with time limited to formulate everything. Sounds like they didn't take into account that quota swaps would not be happening any more and how that would affect Scottish fisherman who go after fish like haddock and cod that British people actually eat rather than herring and mackerel that are more popular on the continent:

Not being able to send mince and sausages from Scotland to NI appears to be another bizarre thing in the deal that will soon be the new reality.

42 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, strichener said:

I guess we all have different experiences, but as stated earlier declarations were needed on a family parcel sent today to ROI

Should have posted it to NI for forwarding on...

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was a Crowdie cheese making kit, I wrote Craft Kit Box deviously on the label, some hungry dyslexic Kiwi post inspector probably read it as Kraft Kitkats. Nice wee Christmas bonus for him.

I look forward to seeing your parcel show up on that Border Patrol TV show.

I don't think I've ever seen them manage to get anybody extradited for their crimes, so you're probably safe. Most likely.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I look forward to seeing your parcel show up on that Border Patrol TV show.

I don't think I've ever seen them manage to get anybody extradited for their crimes, so you're probably safe. Most likely.

I wouldn't mind tbh, NZ football is probably better than Highland League and they let fans in.