Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

4% annual GDP growth until 2025 seems legit.

Given the Covid crash taking us to a low base it might be reasonable as an average. They don't give a figure for France though.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given the Covid crash taking us to a low base it might be reasonable as an average. They don't give a figure for France though.

Point taken, but I would be amazed if the recovery is even close to that. We’ll find out for sure in 5 years time so not long to wait.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Its a right shafting ive seen the word "decommision" mentioned by a few skipper types and duguid best avoid the fish market in phd from now on 

I think this is a classic case of fake news.
No comment on the UK forecast to outgrow Europe?
ETA:. We don't need customs forms for the EU yet either so your wrong on multiple accounts.  This will suprise absolutely nobody.
From 1st January -Changes when Brexit actually happens
Based on these changes I'd imagine there will be a lot of phishing emails hitting accounts length and breadth of country.
Beware all

49 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Its a right shafting ive seen the word "decommision" mentioned by a few skipper types and duguid best avoid the fish market in phd from now on 

Given so much of the Tory revival in Scotland revolved around creating a fisherman's utopia post-Brexit while the big bad SNP supposedly wanted the CFP, you have to wonder what Boris was playing at when the spreadsheets were being sorted out species by species. Would his negotiating team have even understood when trying to come up with an overall 25% hand back figure by value that haddock is the preferred fish in a Scottish fish supper and a species they should probably be paying very close attention to in a Scottish context?

As there seems to be some confusion, yes, we'll be filling out customs declarations for everything leaving the UK via the Royal Mail from now on. However, it's not a big deal; just a wee sticker on which you outline the contents, weight, and value. If you buy your postage online, you'll get a customs declaration printed out with your shipping label, on which you can input the details before printing.

There are many shit things about leaving the EU, but this is a minor one. The main inconvenience will be having to wait behind a queue of people who don't usually send parcels abroad, and spend ten minutes at the counter trying to remember what was in the box they're sending and how much it all cost. But that's been going on for decades with parcels for outside the EU anyway; it'll just happen more often.

Oh, and Stirling Post Office is shit now; just a wee cubicle in WH Smiths, which is laughable for a city's main branch. The old Post Office building at Murray Place was lovely.

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Given so much of the Tory revival in Scotland revolved around creating a fisherman's utopia post-Brexit while the big bad SNP supposedly wanted the CFP, you have to wonder what Boris was playing at when the spreadsheets were being sorted out species by species. Would his negotiating team have even understood when trying to come up with an overall 25% hand back figure by value that haddock is the preferred fish in a Scottish fish supper and a species they should probably be paying very close attention to in a Scottish context?

I didnt even look at the scottish governments report i was helping my nephew do his quota figures on boxing day and we went through the "deal" The headline figure of 25% is all smoke and smoke and mirrors its a proper shafting.I feel no sorrow for the mad brexiteers in the fleet but there is plenty of remain supporters that werent given a voice by the media 

Easiest way to put it in real terms there will be a rise of 1-2% in quota share in some species and a drop of 2-5% in the actual species which they catch the rest is utter nonsense 

Edited by doulikefish

As there seems to be some confusion, yes, we'll be filling out customs declarations for everything leaving the UK via the Royal Mail from now on. However, it's not a big deal; just a wee sticker on which you outline the contents, weight, and value. If you buy your postage online, you'll get a customs declaration printed out with your shipping label, on which you can input the details before printing.
There are many shit things about leaving the EU, but this is a minor one. The main inconvenience will be having to wait behind a queue of people who don't usually send parcels abroad, and spend ten minutes at the counter trying to remember what was in the box they're sending and how much it all cost. But that's been going on for decades with parcels for outside the EU anyway; it'll just happen more often.
Oh, and Stirling Post Office is shit now; just a wee cubicle in WH Smiths, which is laughable for a city's main branch. The old Post Office building at Murray Place was lovely.
Actually, just GB, not NI. They have the best of both worlds...

Some good news for a change, EHIC will still be valid till the end date on it, luckily I renewed mine recently in case something like this happened so I have until 2024. They're going to be issuing a new one that does more or less the same job, if you have one that runs out or you don't have one, you can apply for a temporary thing if you end up needing medical treatment.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ghic-card-brexit-ehic-health-insurance-b1779934.html

I think this is a classic case of fake news.
No comment on the UK forecast to outgrow Europe?
ETA:. We don't need customs forms for the EU yet either so your wrong on multiple accounts.  This will suprise absolutely nobody.
From 1st January -Changes when Brexit actually happens
I'm afraid you do@strichener. As stated above customs forms are currently needed for EU including Eire for packages. I persume it's now been implemented to ensure anything that arrives at destination post 31st December is in order.

Heard some professional negotiator saying that the EU were likely to be squeezing areas they know are weaknesses of the Tory govt in particular to apply extra pressure. So, in Scottish terms, stuff like seed potatoes and fishing is mostly centred around Perthshire, Angus, and the North East where the Tories are either defending slim majorities or looking to overturn slim majorities.

Not sure it it's true but it'd be glorious if it was.

Edited by Gordon EF