Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

May could rule it out as an option shes willing to consider. As it is, it looks as though, given the timewasting and refusal to even rule it out as a consideration, that no deal is perhaps what they are aiming for. 

May a hard brexiter the whole time? Surely not!
wow.gif

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

May could rule it out as an option shes willing to consider. As it is, it looks as though, given the timewasting and refusal to even rule it out as a consideration, that no deal is perhaps what they are aiming for. 

The only way to avoid it is by agreeing a withdrawal deal with Parliament and the EU, for which I don't see how she can give a guarantee, or by revoking Article 50.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

May a hard brexiter the whole time? Surely not!
wow.gif

I doubt she's a hard Brexiter ideologically, though she certainly didn't have much goodwill towards immigrants whilst at the Home Office. Shes an opportunist though - if she thinks she can take something out of a Hard Brexit then she would do it.  I think her concerns are less Britain and more, being PM and making sure she and the Tories are ok for the forseeable future. 

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

This pleases me more than it should

Why..?

What it says to me is confirmation that the only place Westminster governments, and in particular, Tory Westminster governments....put infrastructure  investments into...

is London, and to a lesser extent... the South East. 

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Corbyn is still shouting for a general election. He really is a prime simpleton

In fairness May hasn't budged from her defeated and failed position at all and is still pursuing it !!!

9 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Why do you think that?

Very very likely SNP will engage in talks. 

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but haven't all three stated they won't participate further until May gives assurance that she will abandon the threat of no deal?

45 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I doubt she's a hard Brexiter ideologically, though she certainly didn't have much goodwill towards immigrants whilst at the Home Office. Shes an opportunist though - if she thinks she can take something out of a Hard Brexit then she would do it.  I think her concerns are less Britain and more, being PM and making sure she and the Tories are ok for the forseeable future. 

I think her attitude has been defined by her time at the home office.  I remember her trying to deport some cleric and the European courts constantly knocking her back.
In that case, get rid of those interfering busybodies.

She tolerates the EU as long as it does not interfere with anything she is wanting to do.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is the sort of outright lies being peddled to the Gammons.

79D33644-4E61-44C0-852B-9407D7E8831E.jpeg.30562b9891a6d93090ea633e47422d84.jpeg

Yes.  After Theresa May's stunning victory on Tuesday night, they now know when they have met their match.

Not sure if that is entirely correct.

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

PM response to Ian Blackford this afternoon looks to leave enough wiggle room. Their position will be decided shortly but as I say very likely they'll agree to talks...but you just never know.

They've already agreed to talks privately haven't they? The farce of Lucas turning up this morning to effectively be told "f**k off" should make even the most credulous #FBPE tweeter realise that until the PM actually shows she's willing to listen to the opposition and not just dictate her demands then they're well within their rights to ignore her posturing. I think Sturgeon acknowledges that but who knows anymore. 

Vince Cable ups the pressure on Corbyn.....................

The Liberal Democrats have said they will not support Labour in future no-confidence votes unless the party backs a second referendum, making it almost impossible that the party could force a general election.

Lib Dem leader, Vince Cable, said he did not want to be party to confidence votes that had little chance of success if the aim was to delay Labour endorsing a public vote. He suggested that other parties may take a similar view.

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They've already agreed to talks privately haven't they? The farce of Lucas turning up this morning to effectively be told "f**k off" should make even the most credulous #FBPE tweeter realise that until the PM actually shows she's willing to listen to the opposition and not just dictate her demands then they're well within their rights to ignore her posturing. I think Sturgeon acknowledges that but who knows anymore. 

Lucas's exposure as a Centrist Aunty over the past month or so has been sad.