Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The data was obtained legally because Facebook users agreed to give it away to anyone in the world when they joined up. 

Apart from Facebook being fined £500000 by the ICO for its role in sharing this data, I agree with everything in your statement.

I reckon there's about to be a bombshell dropped courtesy of O'leary playing politics again.

I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong, however don't be surprised to see Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast and possibly even Prestwick being heavily reduced or completely axed (certainly in the case of Glasgow) by Ryanair.

Prestwick's saving grace is Ryanair have their engineering base on site, however even that might not be enough.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

And nothing of value was lost

We'd be taking a huge hit on jobs (especially in the case of Ayrshire), tourism would also be hugely affected and then we'd have our own travel plans ripped up and choices completely decimated since Ryanair are the main carrier in Scotland. 

37 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We'd be taking a huge hit on jobs (especially in the case of Ayrshire), tourism would also be hugely affected and then we'd have our own travel plans ripped up and choices completely decimated since Ryanair are the main carrier in Scotland. 

Another airline would step in if the routes are profitable.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Another airline would step in if the routes are profitable.

Nobody has ever replaced the Wizz routes which were lost and I was never on a Wizz flight which wasn't full or over 90% full. Contrast that to the many flights I've taken from Stansted which have been virtually empty, however they still keep them running.

Are the UK Gov heavily subsidising these routes from London and the SE ???

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

At least we’ll have blue passports!

I don't care what colour it is, but I  fully intend to be first in the queue for my Scottish passport when the country surely becomes independent at second time of asking. As with Brexit, many* who "won" the last vote must surely be looking at what they were told, what has happened and what is coming over the horizon and thinking, "I'm not falling for that shite again!"

*Certainly in the case of Brexit, and I would like to think that Scotland realises what an opportunity they had and will take the opportunity to fúck their own country up rather than leave it to the English.

49 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Wasn't there a poll on Brexit and a number of people thought No deal Brexit mean staying in the EU?

Scenes when they find out what is actually means.

tbf, to someone who isn't really following it that closely, no deal would/could be taken as the opposite of a deal, most folk aren't that interested in what's going on, that's why a large chunk don't vote, a large chunk vote without knowing what they're really voting for and a small % vote due to knowing what they're really voting for.

There being no evidence that they did any of the things you accuse them of is usually a strong indicator of innocence.
The data was obtained legally because Facebook users agreed to give it away to anyone in the world when they joined up. 
It was obtained legally by Facebook, not by Cambridge Analytica. When you sign up to social media, you don't agree to hand over your data to political campaigns.

It's not even a grey area, it's blatantly illegal as f**k.

Blue passport though

For a while now I have thought it will be a no deal brexit.  I really hope I am wrong but it looks like we are heading that way on October the 31st. 
The no deal situation will be disastrous as many of you realise.  On the 1st of November we will have left the EU and that is only the beginning of brexit.  The shit starts then for many years to come.  
There will probably be a lack of food as we import most of it from the EU and if it somehow makes it's way across the border then it will possibly be past its best.  We import a lot of medicine from the EU and this will probably result in a short supply to hospitals, and the knock on effect to patients that can't get the treatment they need.  
A huge increase in paperwork for everything leaving and entering the uk which will result in delays at ports and airports.  Will the EU accept a uk drivers license when driving abroad?  Will various uk qualifications (Construction, Engineering, Medical etc) be recognised in other EU states in the event of a no deal?  I think the EU could quite fairly turn round and tell us to f**k off if we leave on a no deal basis.  
The "£39 billion" that we will save each week will have to be paid to the EU anyway, otherwise they won't even begin to consider talks about a trading agreement. 
It's all fucked up.