Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Tariffs, quotas, standards for trade with the rest of the world.   http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/how-the-eu-starves-africa/

-the UK is an equal partner in these negotiations and has a veto.

How UK waters are fished,

-the UK is an equal partner in this policy and has a veto

And - good Daily Mail answer - freedom of movement within the EU.

-the UK is an equal partner in this and can help shape policy, the freedom of movement is not enforced by UKBA ie when EU citizens commit offences in UK they are not actively removed so really the UK doesnt actually bother its arse doing anything about it.

Related - but not EU dependent - ECHR

-what specifically about ECHR do you dislike? Be very specific.

There are of course some opt-outs but they are resented and don't always withstand pressure  (contribution to Greece/Euro bail out.

-bulk of this money came from eurozone countries.

Soon to come EU Army?

- europol works well, each country has a say and the UK would be an equal partner. The EU army is a lot of shite it’d be along the same lines as Nato/UN deployments.

And let's not forget control of who gets to win The Eurovision Song Contest and reg 224 b ii) re radius of bananas.

8 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

And - good Daily Mail answer - freedom of movement within the EU.

I'm not going to spend the rest of my life exlaining every single EU regulation to people like you. For a start, I don't know them all, I leave their interpretation and application to professionals who get paid for doing just that.

BUT I'll just do this one.  The UK has the power to repatriate any EU immigrant who does not conform to the rules concerning work, pay, health etc, after 3 months. The UK chose not to bother its arse (as carbon rod already said)

So you were obviously unaware of that. What else don't you know? Do some research instead of parroting shite from the like of the Mail, Sun, Telegraph, Express etc.  These organs all have some vested interest in brexit. You, if an ordinary working guy, do not.

Edited by cyderspaceman

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tariffs - equal partner - International trade liberalisation treaties need a positive vote - what the f**k use is a veto for that?

Fish - "equal partner" - Aye, with Luxembourg. 1/28th say. Is it not QMV anyway?

Freedom of Movement. Every time you parrot like a sheep "equal partner", do you mind if I repeat 1/28 ? You might have a point about enforcement. But still means rights available to eastern Europe that are not avaialable to say India.

ECHR - the principle. I'm happy for any form of rights in Scotland to be determined at no higher level than Westminster. In fact I'm happy at Edinburgh level. Not Strasbourg. Go try and tell the Catalans how the ECHR protected them.

Bulk of Euro bale-out money - what's your point? UK wasn't in the Euro and while would probably have been happy to help Greece unilaterally, was bounced into acquiescing in questionable use of EU resources.

EU Army - I trust the Independent isn't too right wing a paper for you to trust - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emmanuel-macron-eu-army-european-france-angela-merkel-germany-trump-a8631806.html

You're good with words and you sound plausible, mate. But you're a chancer, pure and simple.

14 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't we all.

Hopefully you'll consider a return to Scotland when Independence Day dawns.

I know I will - in fact I'll probably return to Scotland long before it happens!

I'll never say never but the main reason I left was the weather. Maybe if global warming speeds up,:( allied to political change:thumsup2,  I can spend my twilight years in the auld country.   🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇫🇷

Have to fess up - I didn’t read that 650 page document. Did you? Indyref and Brexit - they are points of principle. People don’t vote on whether they might be 5 or 10% better or worse off in 10 years time.
My parents, and plenty of other folk with not much more than ten years left in them do.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Tariffs - equal partner - International trade liberalisation treaties need a positive vote - what the f**k use is a veto for that?

Fish - "equal partner" - Aye, with Luxembourg. 1/28th say. Is it not QMV anyway?

Freedom of Movement. Every time you parrot like a sheep "equal partner", do you mind if I repeat 1/28 ? You might have a point about enforcement. But still means rights available to eastern Europe that are not avaialable to say India.

ECHR - the principle. I'm happy for any form of rights in Scotland to be determined at no higher level than Westminster. In fact I'm happy at Edinburgh level. Not Strasbourg. Go try and tell the Catalans how the ECHR protected them.

Bulk of Euro bale-out money - what's your point? UK wasn't in the Euro and while would probably have been happy to help Greece unilaterally, was bounced into acquiescing in questionable use of EU resources.

EU Army - I trust the Independent isn't too right wing a paper for you to trust - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emmanuel-macron-eu-army-european-france-angela-merkel-germany-trump-a8631806.html

You're good with words and you sound plausible, mate. But you're a chancer, pure and simple.

I for one look forward to the UK treating every nation state fairly and opening its borders to over a billion Indians now that we are not part of that oppressive bloc we took a leading role in. 

Although largely irrelevant to the EU it is worth noting also, that the UK took a leading role in formulating and requiring the adoption of the European Convention on Human Rights. If anything, you could say we imposed it upon others. 

I struggle to see the difference between freedom of movement between Cornwall and Scotland and freedom of movement between the UK and Spain. I also fail to see why my country having a share of European waters is any different from the other 649 constituencies of the UK I don't live in having access to the Firth of Clyde. None of these set-ups are entirely mutually beneficial but they seem to be more mutually beneficial than detrimental. 

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

I for one look forward to the UK treating every nation state fairly and opening its borders to over a billion Indians now that we are not part of that oppressive bloc we took a leading role in. 

Although largely irrelevant to the EU it is worth noting also, that the UK took a leading role in formulating and requiring the adoption of the European Convention on Human Rights. If anything, you could say we imposed it upon others. 

I struggle to see the difference between freedom of movement between Cornwall and Scotland and freedom of movement between the UK and Spain. I also fail to see why my country having a share of European waters is any different from the other 649 constituencies of the UK I don't live in having access to the Firth of Clyde. None of these set-ups are entirely mutually beneficial but they seem to be more mutually beneficial than detrimental. 

Most post-war immigration did come from the Commonwealth, pre-EU. You're obviously not comfortable with that.

31 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Most post-war immigration did come from the Commonwealth, pre-EU. You're obviously not comfortable with that.

I am perfectly comfortable with it. You are using it as a smokescreen for your xenophobic outlook. 

19 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

He's asking him to not be sceptical because the point he was making was a fact, in the written evidence, that was in front of Lord Reed. 

Back up and running again with Lord Wolfe speaking on behalf of the Scottish Government.

I just wish to f**k they could sort out the problems with the mics in the court.

22 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Could you please point me to one thing I have said that shows I dislike people from other countries

You are for greater barriers for people from other countries coming here. Trying to disingenuously claim that the government of the Windrush scandal will open the borders to their former colonial subjects from the Indian subcontinent was your specious way of pretending that this position does not make you xenophobic but it's utterly transparent. 

15 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Back up and running again with Lord Wolfe speaking on behalf of the Scottish Government.

I just wish to f**k they could sort out the problems with the mics in the court.

Absolutely.  I saw the caped court crusader hovering at the side waiting to adjust the mics as he did on tuesday but he never intervened.

Lord Woolfe delivered a substantive case in his content, but seemed to hinder his cause by a hesitant and slightly stuttering performance.

Mon the caped wan.  Mics now adjusted for big Ronan Lavery although his Norn Irn natural loud brogue was clear to me.  Should have had the adjustments  for Woolfy.

Edited by hearthammer

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Absolutely.  I saw the caped court crusader hovering at the side waiting to adjust the mics as he did on tuesday but he never intervened.

Lord Woolfe delivered a substantive case in his content, but seemed to hinder his cause by a hesitant and slightly stuttering performance.

Mon the caped wan.  Mics now adjusted for big Ronan although his Norn Irn natural loud brogue was clear to me.  Should have had the adjustments  for Woolfy.

We can't expect miracles here - it's only the highest court in the land after all.

Big Ronan being discouraged from speculating on the possible effects of Brexit.

28 minutes ago, The OP said:

You are for greater barriers for people from other countries coming here. Trying to disingenuously claim that the government of the Windrush scandal will open the borders to their former colonial subjects from the Indian subcontinent was your specious way of pretending that this position does not make you xenophobic but it's utterly transparent. 

Nope. I think the barriers for an Indian should be no higher than for a Romanian. So, instead of chucking baseless insults about, I ask you again to find one thing I have said that shows that I dislike people from other countries. You obviously spent half an hour trawling but found nothing. Keep trying, though.